Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Cut White, sign Raja Bell

  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I love my man Kiya for calling my man Raja "Roger"

    Raja Bell is personally through the past decade, one of my all time favorites.

    He was that guy I always traded for in NBA 2K

    Low rating SG who can shoot lights out, can guard 3 positions and has high IQ and intangibles.

    He's definitely welcomed to the Knicks...

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #18
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yeah, but Utah will not pay him the buyout he wants if he is going to the Lakers. They are telling him he has to agree terms with a team before they buy him out because they don't want him going to potential playoff rivals.

    So a move to the Knicks is still possible. Although if he purely wants to go to the Lakers and coming here would make his play suffer then I wouldn't be mad if we passed.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Sheed out for the season. Make him an offer before Mar. 1, only reason Utah is reluctant to buy him out is they don't want to send him to a conference rival like the Lakers.

  5. #20
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Sheed out for the season. Make him an offer before Mar. 1, only reason Utah is reluctant to buy him out is they don't want to send him to a conference rival like the Lakers.
    I feel Utah, because they potentially can lose their playoff spot to the Lakers.
    I believe Utah have overachieve and Lakers have underachieved as a team.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Is it still possible for us to get him? If so, we gotta get on that **** ASAP...there's no reason we shouldn't have this guy. We had a great perimeter defender in Ronnie Brewer and we lost him...we gotta get another one back. We lost Sheed for the season, so we have a roster spot. Bell can hit 3-pointers and play defense and that's all we need him to do. Hell, all we really need is perimeter defense. This way we might actually hold a point guard to under 20 points.

    Plus Utah owes us since they got a pick from Phoenix that originally belonged to us. I think they drafted Gordon Heyward with that pick...
    Last edited by SSj4Wingzero; Feb 28, 2013 at 14:01.

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Is it still possible for us to get him? If so, we gotta get on that **** ASAP...there's no reason we shouldn't have this guy. We had a great perimeter defender in Ronnie Brewer and we lost him...we gotta get another one back. We lost Sheed for the season, so we have a roster spot. Bell can hit 3-pointers and play defense and that's all we need him to do. Hell, all we really need is perimeter defense. This way we might actually hold a point guard to under 20 points.

    Plus Utah owes us since they got a pick from Phoenix that originally belonged to us. I think they drafted Gordon Heyward with that pick...
    We have until tomorrow Mar 1, the date for waived players to be picked up by teams and still be eligible for the playoffs. Only thing about him is he hasn't played all year because of a dispute with the Jazz, supposedly he's healthy and working out in FL.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] reports the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] could not come to terms on a buyout by Friday's deadline. This means he can not play for another team in the post-season if he's waived at any point before the end of the regular season.

    The Jazz wanted a small reduction in Bell's $3.48 million salary, but the guard would never agree because he obviously was not getting any offers from other teams.

    Bell's agent, Herb Rudoy, tells [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that the guard still wants his freedom and to help a team make the playoffs.

    “He is in fabulous shape and ready to play again,” Rudoy said.

    Bell is currently at home in South Florida and he'll stay there until the Jazz release him this season or in the fall when he signs with another team. Bell will be a free agent beginning July 1, if the Jazz keep him on the roster for the duration of the season.

  9. #24
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] reports the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] could not come to terms on a buyout by Friday's deadline. This means he can not play for another team in the post-season if he's waived at any point before the end of the regular season.

    The Jazz wanted a small reduction in Bell's $3.48 million salary, but the guard would never agree because he obviously was not getting any offers from other teams.

    Bell's agent, Herb Rudoy, tells [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that the guard still wants his freedom and to help a team make the playoffs.

    “He is in fabulous shape and ready to play again,” Rudoy said.

    Bell is currently at home in South Florida and he'll stay there until the Jazz release him this season or in the fall when he signs with another team. Bell will be a free agent beginning July 1, if the Jazz keep him on the roster for the duration of the season.
    Shame on us.

Similar Threads

  1. Euro Site: Knicks to sign James 'The Flight' White
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2012, 05:17
  2. White Chocolate?
    By nyk1986 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2011, 17:28
  3. (Maha) Raja?
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 25, 2010, 12:27
  4. Bell and Diaw to Knicks?
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2008, 18:28
  5. Rumor: Diaw and/or Bell to NY for Eddy Curry
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2008, 18:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •