Cut White, sign Raja Bell

smokes

Huge Member
The Jazz and Raja Bell are reportedly close to agreeing on a contract buyout.
We've heard this one before. The reported agreement apparently hinges on Bell finding a contract offer from another team, but thus far, there have been no teams interested. The Lakers have been rumored to be sniffing around Bell's services since before the season began.

Not sure why our front office is reportedly sleeping on this one.

James White as we all know is a nothing player, he serves no purpose on this team whatsoever and he even choked in the dunk contest.

Raja Bell is an extremely good perimeter defender which is EXACTLY what the Knicks need at this stage and further to this he averages over 40% from 3pt range in his career. He fits the mold perfectly of what this team needs to add to the backcourt rotation.

bigapple

Starter
well we dont need players that "cant dunk" "cant hit ft's "no D" + i dont rememebr when he was playing last time.

Bell + Stat pretty good connection :) but in our dreams 4 now.

New New York

Quiet Storm
No reason to think he would for sure choose LA over us...we can at least pitch a winning record to him which Lakers can not

tiger0330

Legend
Really getting tired of getting these vets on the wrong side of 30 plus. Can we get someone like Patrick Beverly or James Anderson rather than Raja Bell.

smokes

Huge Member
Really getting tired of getting these vets on the wrong side of 30 plus. Can we get someone like Patrick Beverly or James Anderson rather than Raja Bell.

Well if said players are on teams then no we can't, and if they're not on teams why aren't they? We already have Cope who is a developing prospect and does not provide defense which is what this team is lacking in.

Any players we add need to be able to give at least some kind of contribution on both sides of the ball. Raja Bell is a great defender and can shoot the 3. Perfect. Can you name a young prospect who is available and meets those requirements? I can't think of any.

tiger0330

Legend
This kid was picked mid-season from Russia and the Rockets traded Toney Douglas to hand over the backup PG job to him. Guys are available, you have to find them.

[video=youtube;T25cTHMf2Uc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T25cTHMf2Uc[/video]

smokes

Huge Member
^ yeah I like Beverley a lot, watching the dude out there with Harden he's a much better fit than Lin imho. Honestly I could see them possibly moving Lin in the offseason and promoting Beverley to starting PG.

Then again you gotta remember this is Houston up pace tempo 120 points a game so his opportunities to shine are greater than elsewhere. Not saying the kid doesn't have game but he could be in BKN and never set foot on the floor, even though I'd rate him higher than CJ Miles based on what we've seen in Houston.

Further to this, Houston are a barely playoff bound team, they know they aren't in the hunt for a title this season. Developing a rookie brings no risk for them. I'd rather have vets who can be relied upon more than volatile rookies.

tiger0330

Legend
I said the same thing in finesrg thread about the Knicks wanting vets rather than the young guys he's always talking about. Still you can't have the oldest team in the league and think it's a long term plan and Raja Bell is not the same player he was 4 years ago.

skisloper

Starter
I said the same thing in finesrg thread about the Knicks wanting vets rather than the young guys he's always talking about. Still you can't have the oldest team in the league and think it's a long term plan and Raja Bell is not the same player he was 4 years ago.

Play Copeland.....Play Prigioni for 18 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,Do not start Kidd as he was never suppose to be the starter..
If Shump is working his way back to being 100% there is no reason for him to start as it creates alot of pressure....
we do not need new players we need WOODSON TO COACH !!!!!!

smokes

Huge Member

But the Knicks don't think it's a long term plan do they? They think they have a window that will last probably 1-2 years depending on the health of Amare, and for that reason they want to add quality veterans who can help us win now.

Whether you agree with that assessment is a different matter but that is the stance of the organization and that isn't going to change unless Melo gets seriously injured.

smokes

Huge Member
Play Copeland.....Play Prigioni for 18 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,Do not start Kidd as he was never suppose to be the starter..
If Shump is working his way back to being 100% there is no reason for him to start as it creates alot of pressure....
we do not need new players we need WOODSON TO COACH !!!!!!

We got rid of Brewer and prior to Shump returning he was a meaningful part of our rotation during the months we were actually winning games, not being a .500 team.

I would say we definitely need a serviceable guard/wing who can defend and shoot the 3. What happens if god forbid Kidd/JR/Felton/Shump get injured? You're going to run a 3 guard rotation somewhere between a guy who can't defend, a guy who is 65 years old, a guy who is a chucker and defends when he feels like it and a guy who can't defend to his best ability because he's still coming back from surgery and also hasn't got a reliable jumpshot. That's a recipe for success right there :lol:

Kiyaman

Legend
Roger Bell, is the player u can compare a young Shump's style to.
Do anyone recall ....
Roger Bell & Felton had no success in the backcourt on the Bobcats, will the Knicks be any different?

metrocard

Legend
I love my man Kiya for calling my man Raja "Roger" :lol:

Raja Bell is personally through the past decade, one of my all time favorites.

He was that guy I always traded for in NBA 2K

Low rating SG who can shoot lights out, can guard 3 positions and has high IQ and intangibles.

He's definitely welcomed to the Knicks...

smokes

Huge Member

Yeah, but Utah will not pay him the buyout he wants if he is going to the Lakers. They are telling him he has to agree terms with a team before they buy him out because they don't want him going to potential playoff rivals.

So a move to the Knicks is still possible. Although if he purely wants to go to the Lakers and coming here would make his play suffer then I wouldn't be mad if we passed.

tiger0330

Legend
Sheed out for the season. Make him an offer before Mar. 1, only reason Utah is reluctant to buy him out is they don't want to send him to a conference rival like the Lakers.

metrocard

Legend
Sheed out for the season. Make him an offer before Mar. 1, only reason Utah is reluctant to buy him out is they don't want to send him to a conference rival like the Lakers.

I feel Utah, because they potentially can lose their playoff spot to the Lakers.
I believe Utah have overachieve and Lakers have underachieved as a team.