Rasheed out for the season

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Rasheed Wallace will have foot surgery and will likely be done for the season.
5:44 PM - 27 Feb 13

Dam really wanted him back. Kenyon hopefully will give us those 10-15minutes.
Now we have to pick up a pg. whose available? Delmonte West? Or motherf***in Chinabury?!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Well this sucks. We're shooting the 3 bad enough and to lose Sheed ain't going to help, I like KMart but he's no 3 pt shooter.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It seems we traded Brewer for nothing, we could as well cut Sheed and sign K-Mart. Well done Greenfield, well done. At this point our options to sign anyone able to contribute anything to this team are more than limited. Delonte is pretty much worthless, Marbury [or Iverson] shouldn't even be considered. They'd ruin the chemistry during their first practice.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
It seems we traded Brewer for nothing, we could as well cut Sheed and sign K-Mart. Well done Greenfield, well done. At this point our options to sign anyone able to contribute anything to this team are more than limited. Delonte is pretty much worthless, Marbury [or Iverson] shouldn't even be considered. They'd ruin the chemistry during their first practice.

Agreed, shouldn't have we known this last week? One week's not going to make the difference. Thank you medical staff. Now buy him out and hope for some decent vet drops before the playoff deadline March 1.

smokes

Huge Member
He's been out since freakin December and NOW 10 weeks later they finally find out he needs surgery?

Disgraceful. What a mockery of an organization the Knicks are.

skisloper

Starter

I say sign Marbury to a 10 day contract and see what he has.....We do not seem to have chemistry so how much can he mess it up...........

Woodson is a good coach but never a great coach.........We are stuck in this crappy situation.

Kidd cant start anymore he will have zero in the tank for the playoffs.....

We lost Brewer for zero reason....so if Shump cant play D we dont have a replacement.....

Lets just go for broke and bring back Starbury,,,,,,,,,,

Marbury, Smith and Novak should share a room.

tiger0330

Legend
^Raja the Daja

I would say he's done for the season but it's reported Sheed may be out for 8 weeks.

Also KMart admits he's not in game shape, says he's in treadmill shape. WTF, why sign him if he's not in shape. He'll get this 10 day and another one without even playing a game.

Last edited:

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
^Raja the Daja

I would say he's done for the season but it's reported Sheed may be out for 8 weeks.

Also KMart admits he's not in game shape, says he's in treadmill shape. WTF, why sign him if he's not in shape. He'll get this 10 day and another one without even playing a game.

What a joke, we should make it a 10 game contract.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
It's time for The Answer...

-iversonnyk.jpg

tiger0330

Legend
Correction, just saw on Twitter KMart saying he's excited and ready for tonights game and Woody says he might play. So the Knicks play an out of shape KMart, I guess to see if he can show enough to sign him to another 10 day.

Prigs may be out with back problems for tonights game and Melo is probable with an upset stomach.

Camby may be back Friday.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's time for The Answer...
Earlier this season the Mavs went after him... and he turned them down as they wanted to send him to their NBDL affiliate to get an indication of what he can bring to the table at this stage of his career. Besides, the rumor has it he has a serious alcohol problem and therefore shouldn't be considered as a possible Sheed's replacement.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
So instead of trading one of our best perimeter defenders, we could've just cut a big man who hasn't played in 3 months and isn't going to play for the rest of the season in order to sign K-Mart?

Wonderful, Knicks. How the hell did they not know he needed surgery until this point? He has a sore foot and you never thought it'd make sense to x-ray him, or something? Damn, our medical staff sucks.

So now that Sheed is out we need to find another player to fill the roster. I still think trading Brewer was an extremely stupid move since we could've just cut James White instead...at least Brewer plays defense, all James White does is dunk on an unguarded basket.

...is Gilbert Arenas available?

If this is true than the Knicks med team need to be fired. They could have done this a long time ago. I wouldn't be suprised if he returned for the playoffs...along with all of the other aging veterans on this team. I just have the feeling sheed,camby,thomas, kidd were all brought here for the playoff and not the regular season. I guess we'll see soon enough if the Knicks were playing possum or not.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
So instead of trading one of our best perimeter defenders, we could've just cut a big man who hasn't played in 3 months and isn't going to play for the rest of the season in order to sign K-Mart?

Wonderful, Knicks. How the hell did they not know he needed surgery until this point? He has a sore foot and you never thought it'd make sense to x-ray him, or something? Damn, our medical staff sucks.

Grant Hill, Shaq, now Jermaine O'Neal, we need to hire the Suns medical staff.....it can't just be the water.

Wargames

Starter
So if he is done do they cut him and sign someone else? And if so then who? Amundson? Raja? A D Leaguer?

I mean the knicks have to be an interesting local they did right by JR and lord knows they over pay players...