Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Insider: Lin vs. Felton

Originally Posted by New New York
    What does that say about his coaches confidence in him? It's safe to say Chris Paul would handle the ball more if he were a Rocket!

And to the point of the Thread so would Felton!!!!
    This is possibly the most ridiculous point ever.

Harden was the primary ball handler on OKC when he was playing the 6th man role AHEAD of Durant and Westbrick.

Veteran

What does that say about his coaches confidence in him? It's safe to say Chris Paul would handle the ball more if he were a Rocket!

Harden brings up the Ball alot for the rockets.
    Yes if Chris Paul was a Rocket he would.
    Paul > Lin
    Paul>felton
    Lin>Felton

Originally Posted by bigapple
    u miss Mario Chalmers James harden Mota Ellis and its jrue not drue .

if this comment was for me i knew jrue's name was spelled differently i just didn't feel like checking and i took a guess. lol

Lin is a better player than Felton. He suffers greatly from playing with a player as ball dominating as Harden. He could easily average 7-8 assists in a system that played to his strengths.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Lin is a better player than Felton. He suffers greatly from playing with a player as ball dominating as Harden. He could easily average 7-8 assists in a system that played to his strengths.
    As of this moment yeah but it has fluctuated. Obviously we're all down on Felton right now because of his injuries and slumps but at the start of the season I doubt there were many here who had Lin over Felton when Lin had a 1.5/1 TO ratio and playing like junk.

Felton right now barring injuries has the tools to be better than Lin in most areas. Lin has the advantage defensively because he is bigger and more athletic, if Felton had good footwork however he could match Lin on defense because of his speed, agility and quickness.

I would also put Felton's shooting ability above Lin although he has been appalling as of late. There is no doubt Felton is quicker and stronger than Lin. Lin is more durable and has more potential to improve. Felton has shown his ceiling (2010 Felton) and we can only hope he returns to that level of ability.

To be fair it's pretty even between the two and they are both streaky players. Right now Lin is clearly better. 4 months ago Felton was clearly better. A month from now, next season, only time will tell.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by CA7

Veteran

Default Jeremy Lin's skills make a JOKE out of Felton's talent....

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Agreed. But the question was who is better.......

Jeremy Lin is the better PG by a huge margin 70-30 over Felton, especially as a New York Knicks.
    The pressure of "LinSanity" did not stop or slow Lin down from complimenting his teammates best strengths.

I have NO-Luv for Tyson Chandler's and JR negative remarks on Lin in the 2012 offseason, both were huggin tight on Melo jock-strap with those remarks.
    Melo want the ball walked up court 98% of the time for a halfcourt set of Iso-Melo.
    Lin is an uptempo defensive-transition PG that can make all kinds of passes off his dribble while running.
    Lin did the impossible running our point, by getting consistent double-diget scoring out of Tyson, Jefferies, Fields, Shump, Novak, and the SG we cut to sign JR. Felton's 8 season career never had those type of qualities in his talent...

Veteran

One season of "Kidd & Brewer backcourt" would have been the perfect "Tutors" to make a Lin & Shump backcourt into NBA contenders.

Felton & JR are fix in their ways making them Pretenders...

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Jeremy Lin is the better PG by a huge margin 70-30 over Felton, especially as a New York Knicks.
    The pressure of "LinSanity" did not stop or slow Lin down from complimenting his teammates best strengths.

I don't feel Lin faced any real pressure due to "Linsanity" last season in NY.

He was an unknown, had no expectations and didn't have to worry about trying to please superstars or gel with guys like Melo since he was injured when Lin got his shot.

If Lin came in and completely sucked no one would of criticized him at all.....he had no expectations and once he started playing good his hot streak could of ended at any time and the only thing that would of been said was "Wow what a great story, never expected a guy like Lin to make any type of impact! " etc .......

Now fast forward to this season.....if Lin was retained by the Knicks there would be enormous expectations after signing a significant contract and being expected to start and run this offense.

Im not saying Lin couldn't of been capable to handle the expectations if he was still a Knick, but no question the pressure would be very high compared to last season where he had no expectations and everything was just icing on the cake.

Sent from my LG-P999

Veteran

That is absolutely ridiculous. Felton would not be the primary ball-handler on a team that has James Harden...GTFO of here with that crap.

Veteran

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    I don't feel Lin faced any real pressure due to "Linsanity" last season in NY.

He was an unknown, had no expectations and didn't have to worry about trying to please superstars or gel with guys like Melo since he was injured when Lin got his shot.

If Lin came in and completely sucked no one would of criticized him at all.....he had no expectations and once he started playing good his hot streak could of ended at any time and the only thing that would of been said was "Wow what a great story, never expected a guy like Lin to make any type of impact! " etc .......

Now fast forward to this season.....if Lin was retained by the Knicks there would be enormous expectations after signing a significant contract and being expected to start and run this offense.

Im not saying Lin couldn't of been capable to handle the expectations if he was still a Knick, but no question the pressure would be very high compared to last season where he had no expectations and everything was just icing on the cake.
    Sent from my LG-P999

There are a big difference in Linsanity & Felton ....
    1) Lin is a pass-first PG with great passing-skills to cutters and moving without the ball players.
    2) Lin's court vision is great b/c Lin pass the ball while he is dribbling.
    3) Lin's pressure defense is great when u tandem Lin with a defensive SG or SF player.
    4) Lin's best talent skills are when he is in a lineup with uptempo transition players (which Melo & JR are not).
    5) Melo & JR expose Lin's talent by slowing down the tempo of the game by never running in transition, making Lin's transition become a 1 on 3 fastbreak, with our two peremeter defenders Melo & JR walking back on offense instead of running with Lin.
    6) There's no inexperience in Jeremy Lin's performance, he's an uptempo transition PG who will try to make the impossible passes to score. However, with a season tutorship of HOF Jason Kidd the ceiling wouldve been high on Lin's performance .. Melo who? recall the crowd in MSG luv screamin "Linsanity" every minute to pump up who???

1) Felton is a shoot-first PG with mediocre passing-skills, with poor court-vision in a open court offense.
    2) Felton is a slow-ballin halfcourt-offensive PG who works best when givin a design play with screens n picks,
    3) Felton is the shooter of a fastbreak, not the passer on a fastbreak.
    4) Felton defensive-effort is suspect and inconsistent throughout each game.
    5) Felton eight season career has yet to find a SG to gell well with in the backcourt,
    which makes Felton a 20 minute backup PG.

Originally Posted by New New York[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]What does that say about his coaches confidence in him? It's safe to say Chris Paul would handle the ball more if he were a Rocket!

James Harden is a pure PG/SG that could play point-foward in a 3-guard offense.
    Harden played the point when tandem with Westbrook in a lineup.
    CP3 would luv to share the point with Harden .. MJ & Pippin or Lebron & Wade

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    There are a big difference in Linsanity & Felton ....
    1) Lin is a pass-first PG with great passing-skills to cutters and moving without the ball players.
    2) Lin's court vision is great b/c Lin pass the ball while he is dribbling.
    3) Lin's pressure defense is great when u tandem Lin with a defensive SG or SF player.
    4) Lin's best talent skills are when he is in a lineup with uptempo transition players (which Melo & JR are not).
    5) Melo & JR expose Lin's talent by slowing down the tempo of the game by never running in transition, making Lin's transition become a 1 on 3 fastbreak, with our two peremeter defenders Melo & JR walking back on offense instead of running with Lin.
    6) There's no inexperience in Jeremy Lin's performance, he's an uptempo transition PG who will try to make the impossible passes to score. However, with a season tutorship of HOF Jason Kidd the ceiling wouldve been high on Lin's performance .. Melo who? recall the crowd in MSG luv screamin "Linsanity" every minute to pump up who???

[/I][/COLOR]
    so basically lin is a hall of famer when he's not on a team with melo and jr? can you please stop with all the talk of lin. if we were watching him every night we'd probably have a million problems with the way he plays. i'm not saying felton is better, but please stop with all the jeremy lin talk. in my opinion, this is just typical new york. overrate a player because we fell in love with his play. if you look at the stats they're pretty comparable. at the end of the day, whether it's lin or felton i bet we'd want a better point guard anyway so why are we even bothering comparing these two?

felton - 14.8 ppg 5.9 ast 2.9 reb 77% ft 34% 3pt 40% fg 2.5 to
    lin - 12.7 ppg 6.2 ast 3.3 reb 78% ft 32% 3pt 43% fg 2.9 to

Pull out Lin's monthly average numbers and it's trending up in almost every statistical category. A young PG in the league that's continuing to 'IMPROVE'.

Folks said Woodson don't trust Lin? Are you guys out of your mind! There was a stretch Lin was taking technical shots OVER MELO.

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    Pull out Lin's monthly average numbers and it's trending up in almost every statistical category. A young PG in the league that's continuing to 'IMPROVE'.

Folks said Woodson don't trust Lin? Are you guys out of your mind! There was a stretch Lin was taking technical shots OVER MELO.
    Welcome to the playoffs!

Jeremy "The Faggot" Lin is shooting below 20% and have more turnovers than assist. A solid $20M investment if you ask me. I wish we had Rockets GM. He knows his ****.

Superstar

I'm glad we don't have to rely on Lin in the playoffs. Prigioni>>>Lin Kidd>>>>>Lin Felton>>>>Lin