Lin is a better player than Felton. He suffers greatly from playing with a player as ball dominating as Harden. He could easily average 7-8 assists in a system that played to his strengths.
Felton right now barring injuries has the tools to be better than Lin in most areas. Lin has the advantage defensively because he is bigger and more athletic, if Felton had good footwork however he could match Lin on defense because of his speed, agility and quickness.
I would also put Felton's shooting ability above Lin although he has been appalling as of late. There is no doubt Felton is quicker and stronger than Lin. Lin is more durable and has more potential to improve. Felton has shown his ceiling (2010 Felton) and we can only hope he returns to that level of ability.
To be fair it's pretty even between the two and they are both streaky players. Right now Lin is clearly better. 4 months ago Felton was clearly better. A month from now, next season, only time will tell.
Jeremy Lin is the better PG by a huge margin 70-30 over Felton, especially as a New York Knicks.
The pressure of "LinSanity" did not stop or slow Lin down from complimenting his teammates best strengths.
I have NO-Luv for Tyson Chandler's and JR negative remarks on Lin in the 2012 offseason, both were huggin tight on Melo jock-strap with those remarks.
Melo want the ball walked up court 98% of the time for a halfcourt set of Iso-Melo.
Lin is an uptempo defensive-transition PG that can make all kinds of passes off his dribble while running.
Lin did the impossible running our point, by getting consistent double-diget scoring out of Tyson, Jefferies, Fields, Shump, Novak, and the SG we cut to sign JR. Felton's 8 season career never had those type of qualities in his talent...
One season of "Kidd & Brewer backcourt" would have been the perfect "Tutors" to make a Lin & Shump backcourt into NBA contenders.
Felton & JR are fix in their ways making them Pretenders...
I don't feel Lin faced any real pressure due to "Linsanity" last season in NY.
He was an unknown, had no expectations and didn't have to worry about trying to please superstars or gel with guys like Melo since he was injured when Lin got his shot.
If Lin came in and completely sucked no one would of criticized him at all.....he had no expectations and once he started playing good his hot streak could of ended at any time and the only thing that would of been said was "Wow what a great story, never expected a guy like Lin to make any type of impact! " etc .......
Now fast forward to this season.....if Lin was retained by the Knicks there would be enormous expectations after signing a significant contract and being expected to start and run this offense.
Im not saying Lin couldn't of been capable to handle the expectations if he was still a Knick, but no question the pressure would be very high compared to last season where he had no expectations and everything was just icing on the cake.
Sent from my LG-P999
There are a big difference in Linsanity & Felton ....
1) Lin is a pass-first PG with great passing-skills to cutters and moving without the ball players.
2) Lin's court vision is great b/c Lin pass the ball while he is dribbling.
3) Lin's pressure defense is great when u tandem Lin with a defensive SG or SF player.
4) Lin's best talent skills are when he is in a lineup with uptempo transition players (which Melo & JR are not).
5) Melo & JR expose Lin's talent by slowing down the tempo of the game by never running in transition, making Lin's transition become a 1 on 3 fastbreak, with our two peremeter defenders Melo & JR walking back on offense instead of running with Lin.
6) There's no inexperience in Jeremy Lin's performance, he's an uptempo transition PG who will try to make the impossible passes to score. However, with a season tutorship of HOF Jason Kidd the ceiling wouldve been high on Lin's performance .. Melo who? recall the crowd in MSG luv screamin "Linsanity" every minute to pump up who???
1) Felton is a shoot-first PG with mediocre passing-skills, with poor court-vision in a open court offense.
2) Felton is a slow-ballin halfcourt-offensive PG who works best when givin a design play with screens n picks,
3) Felton is the shooter of a fastbreak, not the passer on a fastbreak.
4) Felton defensive-effort is suspect and inconsistent throughout each game.
5) Felton eight season career has yet to find a SG to gell well with in the backcourt,
which makes Felton a 20 minute backup PG.
James Harden is a pure PG/SG that could play point-foward in a 3-guard offense.
Harden played the point when tandem with Westbrook in a lineup.
CP3 would luv to share the point with Harden .. MJ & Pippin or Lebron & Wade
felton - 14.8 ppg 5.9 ast 2.9 reb 77% ft 34% 3pt 40% fg 2.5 to
lin - 12.7 ppg 6.2 ast 3.3 reb 78% ft 32% 3pt 43% fg 2.9 to
Pull out Lin's monthly average numbers and it's trending up in almost every statistical category. A young PG in the league that's continuing to 'IMPROVE'.
Folks said Woodson don't trust Lin? Are you guys out of your mind! There was a stretch Lin was taking technical shots OVER MELO.
I'm glad we don't have to rely on Lin in the playoffs. Prigioni>>>Lin Kidd>>>>>Lin Felton>>>>Lin