ESPN Insider: Lin vs. Felton

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't feel Lin faced any real pressure due to "Linsanity" last season in NY.

He was an unknown, had no expectations and didn't have to worry about trying to please superstars or gel with guys like Melo since he was injured when Lin got his shot.

If Lin came in and completely sucked no one would of criticized him at all.....he had no expectations and once he started playing good his hot streak could of ended at any time and the only thing that would of been said was "Wow what a great story, never expected a guy like Lin to make any type of impact! " etc .......

Now fast forward to this season.....if Lin was retained by the Knicks there would be enormous expectations after signing a significant contract and being expected to start and run this offense.

Im not saying Lin couldn't of been capable to handle the expectations if he was still a Knick, but no question the pressure would be very high compared to last season where he had no expectations and everything was just icing on the cake.
Sent from my LG-P999

There are a big difference in Linsanity & Felton ....
1) Lin is a pass-first PG with great passing-skills to cutters and moving without the ball players.
2) Lin's court vision is great b/c Lin pass the ball while he is dribbling.
3) Lin's pressure defense is great when u tandem Lin with a defensive SG or SF player.
4) Lin's best talent skills are when he is in a lineup with uptempo transition players (which Melo & JR are not).
5) Melo & JR expose Lin's talent by slowing down the tempo of the game by never running in transition, making Lin's transition become a 1 on 3 fastbreak, with our two peremeter defenders Melo & JR walking back on offense instead of running with Lin.
6) There's no inexperience in Jeremy Lin's performance, he's an uptempo transition PG who will try to make the impossible passes to score. However, with a season tutorship of HOF Jason Kidd the ceiling wouldve been high on Lin's performance .. Melo who? recall the crowd in MSG luv screamin "Linsanity" every minute to pump up who???

1) Felton is a shoot-first PG with mediocre passing-skills, with poor court-vision in a open court offense.
2) Felton is a slow-ballin halfcourt-offensive PG who works best when givin a design play with screens n picks,
3) Felton is the shooter of a fastbreak, not the passer on a fastbreak.
4) Felton defensive-effort is suspect and inconsistent throughout each game.
5) Felton eight season career has yet to find a SG to gell well with in the backcourt,
which makes Felton a 20 minute backup PG.

Originally Posted by New New York What does that say about his coaches confidence in him? It's safe to say Chris Paul would handle the ball more if he were a Rocket!
And to the point of the Thread so would Felton!!!!

James Harden is a pure PG/SG that could play point-foward in a 3-guard offense.
Harden played the point when tandem with Westbrook in a lineup.
CP3 would luv to share the point with Harden .. MJ & Pippin or Lebron & Wade

erivera

Benchwarmer
There are a big difference in Linsanity & Felton ....
1) Lin is a pass-first PG with great passing-skills to cutters and moving without the ball players.
2) Lin's court vision is great b/c Lin pass the ball while he is dribbling.
3) Lin's pressure defense is great when u tandem Lin with a defensive SG or SF player.
4) Lin's best talent skills are when he is in a lineup with uptempo transition players (which Melo & JR are not).
5) Melo & JR expose Lin's talent by slowing down the tempo of the game by never running in transition, making Lin's transition become a 1 on 3 fastbreak, with our two peremeter defenders Melo & JR walking back on offense instead of running with Lin.
6) There's no inexperience in Jeremy Lin's performance, he's an uptempo transition PG who will try to make the impossible passes to score. However, with a season tutorship of HOF Jason Kidd the ceiling wouldve been high on Lin's performance .. Melo who? recall the crowd in MSG luv screamin "Linsanity" every minute to pump up who???

[/I][/COLOR]

so basically lin is a hall of famer when he's not on a team with melo and jr? can you please stop with all the talk of lin. if we were watching him every night we'd probably have a million problems with the way he plays. i'm not saying felton is better, but please stop with all the jeremy lin talk. in my opinion, this is just typical new york. overrate a player because we fell in love with his play. if you look at the stats they're pretty comparable. at the end of the day, whether it's lin or felton i bet we'd want a better point guard anyway so why are we even bothering comparing these two?

felton - 14.8 ppg 5.9 ast 2.9 reb 77% ft 34% 3pt 40% fg 2.5 to
lin - 12.7 ppg 6.2 ast 3.3 reb 78% ft 32% 3pt 43% fg 2.9 to

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Pull out Lin's monthly average numbers and it's trending up in almost every statistical category. A young PG in the league that's continuing to 'IMPROVE'.

Folks said Woodson don't trust Lin? Are you guys out of your mind! There was a stretch Lin was taking technical shots OVER MELO.

LeFlume

All Star
Pull out Lin's monthly average numbers and it's trending up in almost every statistical category. A young PG in the league that's continuing to 'IMPROVE'.

Folks said Woodson don't trust Lin? Are you guys out of your mind! There was a stretch Lin was taking technical shots OVER MELO.

Welcome to the playoffs!

Jeremy "The Faggot" Lin is shooting below 20% and have more turnovers than assist. A solid $20M investment if you ask me. I wish we had Rockets GM. He knows his ****.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I'm glad we don't have to rely on Lin in the playoffs. Prigioni>>>Lin Kidd>>>>>Lin Felton>>>>Lin

He played like trash and out of control game 1. I will say he has potential......but with the contract he got Houston can have him.....I'm good with our PGs till hopefully we draft one after the playoffs.

DrB

Benchwarmer
He played like trash and out of control game 1. I will say he has potential......but with the contract he got Houston can have him.....I'm good with our PGs till hopefully we draft one after the playoffs.
I stayed up late to watch LIn and he was terrible...and I am glad he's not here BUT had some of his 3 point attempts dropped he would have had a decent night offensively. With that said he looked like a high school senior trying to defend against WESTBROOK...Over all he was very unimpressive. Big difference between HARDEN and LIN...

DrB

Benchwarmer
Lin is a far better player. Lin is a more efficient scorer with better shot selection and has a lot of room to improve since he is, in effect, only a second-year player. Plus he's actually a pretty competent defender. He drives to the basket and gets to the line.

Felton, on the other hand, allows any scrub PG playing against the Knicks to put up Magic Johnson-type numbers, and his offense is worse than Lin's because his shot selection is terrible. There was a poster who just said that Lin couldn't penetrate...but Lin averages more free throw attempts per game than Felton does, indicating he's a much more effective slasher.

The only thing that Felton does better is he turns the ball over slightly less, but even then, I'll take Lin's defense and better shot selection anyday.
Just wait to the end of the playoffs...forget Houston's going down to the THUNDER..LIN just looks overwhelmed. He would have taken the Knicks nowhere.

bigapple

Starter
that was his 1st game in playoffs

look @ LEE also done in his very 1st playoffs game.

OKC will take series in 6 or 5.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Lin is soft as hell...PERIOD!!!!

Ray has his issues but at least he shows up, at least he does not hide. Lin punked out of facing the Heat last year, this year has been a no show vs OKC. An OKC who at the moment is really not all that concerned about defense. Nothing worse than a soft player mentally and physically come the playoffs.

tiger0330

Legend
Bad mouth Lin if you want but this year and Linsanity was the most exciting Knicks bball played this decade.

Felton filled a big hole at PG, I couldn't see us with the record we have now without him.