Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Stat, less Kidd please

Thumbs down More Stat, less Kidd please

Come on - stat was 6 for 7 tonight for 14 points... in 19 minutes. 3 fouls, so he wasn't in foul trouble.

J-Kidd? 0 points in 18 minutes. 2 rebounds, 1 assist.

Unfortunately, this is becoming a pattern... I like Kidd, but he should NOT be starting. Especially if Shump is... just not feeling this starting lineup or rotation right now

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Stat's defense negated his offense unfortunately.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This is the main reason I'm still hesitant on starting STAT.....but its also been a huge plus to have an offensive weapon like Stoudemire coming off the bench, and he has been extremely efficient in this role.

What I have a problem with is Shump playing the 3 and a struggling, aging Kidd starting at the 2. I would like to have a defensive big man starting at the 4 (Camby or maybe Martin once in better shape), move Melo to the 3, and start Shump at the 2 (if the offense isn't there than can start JR instead).

Sent from my LG-P999

less Shumpert please and change S5 please

Billy Simons is Heat fan?

Veteran

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by metrocard
    It didnt negate Stat's offense in Phoenix, and his first season as a Knicks.

Metro .... we have to come to reality to admitt that Stat & Melo have two total different types of games.
    Why havnt Woodson given Stat a 2nd-unit lineup having Kidd run the point? to get more players into the game?
    Kidd, Shump, Stat, and Camby wouldve made a great 2nd-unit lineup using Prig & Copeland as fillers ..
    I will bet my last dollar that Kidd's shots would start fallin at a 55% ratio in a bench lineup with Stat & Shump.
    Camby gave up on us after being repeatedly put in the starting-lineup with Tyson, recall Camby last game (Honeynutcheerios LOL), plus Camby is a better all-around center than Tyson at his old age.

Our Starting lineup of Tyson, Melo, and Felton has little to no chemistry on offense other than perimeter-shooting, alleyoop to Tyson, and Iso-Melo, and their team-defense stinks.
    The trio of starters has not complimented any teammate put into their lineup, the trio expect teammates to compliment them while they dont compliment each other on either end of the court.

Our Starter lineup for the 3rd quarter are Felton, Kidd, JR, Melo, Tyson, with Novak as the 6th-man backing-up Kidd. With the return of Stat, Shump, and Camby our Starters should be Tyson/Melo/Novak/JR/Felton, with a 2nd-unit bench-lineup as our 6th-man .....
    All this FAVORITISM to Tyson/Melo/JR/and Felton took us from being contenders to PRETENDERS...

Originally Posted by bigapple
    less Shumpert please and change S5 please
    Total opposite give Shump more minutes. He played 21 yesterday and had 6 steals. ( shoulda guarded curry more) That was his best defense intensity since coming back. His offense will come but if his defense is back to last years then he needs more minutes. Kidd does need to get off the staring 5 but atleast he has been getting less minutes.

Veteran

We need Shump to play at the 2. Our perimeter defense is terrible. How many times do we need to see opposing backcourt players light our team up before we realize that Raymond Felton is a sack of crap on defense and we need to stay on the opposing PG?

Trading Brewer away was a mistake.

There is no valid reason why Kidd should still be starting. He consistently provides ZERO offense and doesn't even contribute much to the assist totals.

lol Didnt u realize they caught up to us because chandler sat down and Stat came in... Stat gives up a lot of points.. u really wanna give Stat more minutes? think again

Veteran

I'm not able to watch the game since I live in China right now and will be here for like, the next year and a half or so, but...does anybody really think that Amar'e being in the game was the reason Stephen Curry lit us up for 54 points? Come on. Curry shot 11-13 from 3-point range...is it STAT's job to be guarding 3-pointers now?

No...our perimeter defense is terrible...that's all there is to it...we need to fix it. Our interior defense, for the most part, has been fine. Opposing big men have not done too much to us. But Raymond Felton consistently gets beaten off the dribble. Any guard with a half-decent first step is torching the hell out of him and we need to fix it...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I say this weeks ago?

Smh.

Small ball = fail. No question.

Originally Posted by Number3
    lol Didnt u realize they caught up to us because chandler sat down and Stat came in... Stat gives up a lot of points.. u really wanna give Stat more minutes? think again
    Rofl yeah it's STAT's fault.

Not having Novak at the 4.

Not having JR at the 3.

Nope, it's all STAT.

Veteran

In recent games Melo has been finding Stat more and more in the post. I just hope they continue to do this everytime Melo picks up the double and triple team. Kidd does all the intangebles and has good vision as well as foresight, but the season is starting to wear on his aging body. I suspect his importance will become more noticable during the post season.

All it takes is a shooting slump and people want players out of the rotation...Kidd is slumping right now from 3, just like Melo and even Novak (relatively speaking)we have to ride it out!

Now the reason I want Kidd out of the starting 5 is because I do not like Shump at the 3 (that's for another thread)

I kinda like Stat off the bench but I do like how he and Melo looked together against Golden State so I would not be against the change but it can't be because of Kidd's shooting because Kidd will find his stroke.

^ I agree if it would be the case with regularity but the reason STAT was so easily able to exploit the inside is because he had SF's guarding him most of the night. Equally that's why Melo was able to find him so easily. I would love it if it worked like this every night but I don't think it's possible against proper lineups sadly.