This is what happens!

Red

TYPE-A
Give up 52 points in a quarter and a half to the Cavs.

Let'em shoot 76%.

18 Lay-ups to the Heat.

Going .500 after a good start.

This is what happens when our coach cuts our legs out from under us by starting a career across seas player over a perennial all-star.

When a steady line-up isn't set by coach.

When the line-up that is set has a sub, some random new dude (Copeland, White) that can't stop HIS man (at least Brewer could contribute on the defensive end), and a star player playing out of position.

I'm for over achieving. I believe even if the Knicks aren't as good on paper or talent wise, they can have a chance to compete by playing as a team. In order for that to happen this coach needs to be spectacular.

Roles should be set. Not withstanding the injury situation; I am puzzled at the roles coach is perpetuating. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Amare a starter all the way up until he got hurt?

And now I'm to believe he isn't in because he lacks defense? Really? So James White, Jason Kidd, and Copeland are better defenders? Rebounders? Scorers? Players? At the four... really?

For a time I vouched for JR. I thought at a time he should have been given a chance to start; I felt he earned it. He was hungry, dedicated, and showed interest in improving. We needed additional scoring to take the load off of Melo, so I figured why not.

Coach went with every other combo trying to circumvent the obvious.

And this notion of starting not meaning anything. Really? Well not only did coach not start STAT, he didn't play him the final 7 minutes. That's a former rookie of the year, multiple time all-star, 6' 11, 100mil man in his prime sitting on the bench? Word?

And I guess an agent can tell an interested team- he may not be a starter but he plays starter minutes, right? And of course every team plays one of their best players at his position in reduced minutes. Bullsh*t! Starters play the majority of minutes... because they're the best the team has to offer. Can someone name a better 3/4 combination on this team than STAT & Melo? Nope.

This is what happens when a coach borrows so much of another without perpetuating his own philosophy that he loses his identity? The line-ups, subs, injury management, threes, trade, etc... all are examples of what D'Antoni did and does; they are examples of what not to do.

You want to see a team lose? Want to see a team defeat itself; A talented team that can beat anyone and can be beat by anyone on any given night? An inconsistent at best team? Try a team that doesn't field it's best players for the majority of the game; a team that hasn't figured out that the NBA is a game of size, match-ups, and decisions. A team where a sixth man is more important than the fourth starter.

Try a team that leads the NBA in threes attempted, and is on pace to break the all-time record. A team coached by someone who forgot his principles. Do you remember defensive accountability? Remember when coach would scream on dudes headed to the bench? Remember when he took JR out after one possession for being lax on D?

Remember when I said too many threes? This is what happens. It's maddening. The false identity we forged being a bomb squad is gone and miniscule. We had a punchers chance; a toughness.

When Wallace went down the alarm should have sounded. He if anything showed the importance of big defense and passing out of the post. He also scored out of the post.

When coach started to sit Brewer in place of 30yr old rookies due to being cold, the alarm should have sounded. Someone should have said, coach what happened to the D?

Now Melo is out.. and coach is forced to play STAT. All this will do is regrettably prove me right once again. Sadly Amare will have one of his best nights and coach will continue to sit him for stretches with no rhyme or reason and people will say thats because Melo wasn't in there. Even more sad is that coach never even gave us a chance to find out.

One.

PS I'll stop repeating this after this.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
The time is now

The time is now!

Rarely does one get a second chance to make a mistake. Mike Woodson and our Knicks must seize this moment. It is clear that Stoudemire is best in our starting line-up with starters minutes. And yes I know he's not the "best" in the league but what teams have the best?

Last night should be a wake up call. We reduce our power and overall effectiveness by limiting ourselves. Its time to go all-out.

This is the time of year when the cream rises to the to; when we separate ourselves from the rest. This is when we demonstrate our self conidence and show teams we are for real.

Our best players including Stat and Shump need as much time on the court together before we enter the gauntlet. We need to realize that once the playoffs begin, we could be on vacation in a week if we don't shape up; if we don't lock in and lock down.

The time for experimenting and coddling is over! I'll give Woody 1 day exactly to learn his lesson. He has 1 day to learn that NOTHING is gauranteed including his job. He has no time and no explanation to make mistakes. Seize this moment, admit you were wrong, and demonstrate your humility by giving us the best chance to win.

I don't want to see anymore games like this, where we have no heart and are lackadaisical; where Woody manufacturers an excuse. I'm listening to coach after these games and I hear it in his voice. He sounded lost and unconfident.

Take a step back, reevaluate, and come back to the table with a solid plan and motivated players. If I see another bad shot or pass by JR... I want to see him sit! If I see Novak lofing.... sit!

The time is now. Full competitive spirit. I want to see another winning streak. Yes another one. Don't tell me you shot your load in Nov. & Dec.

Wake up Woody. Don't make the same mistake as D'Antoni.

Kiyaman

Legend
All the question of the Poster were the same questions the Denver Nuggets Fans had after wtching two seasons of "Melo, AI, K-Mart, and JR". Coach Karl did not want to ROCK the boat by going against what the young franchise-player Melo wanted.
When Billups joined the Denver Nuggets, and won 5 straight games with a injured Melo sitting on the bench, coach Karl took his chance and let Billups call all the shots from that day on to take the Nuggets to the WCF. The next season coach Karl caught a season injury LOL, which had the assistant coach ??? coach all 82 games that season to Melo's liking, getting knocked out in the first-round by Utah. The Nuggets roster blamed Melo throughout the offseason to where Melo refuse to resign a contract that wouldve made him the 2nd highest paid player after Kobe.

Woodson is not going to lose his job in one season by not doing what owner Dolan's Golden-boy Melo want to do with the roster and rotation.

nyk_nyk

All Star
He has 1 day to learn that NOTHING is gauranteed including his job. He has no time and no explanation to make mistakes. Seize this moment, admit you were wrong, and demonstrate your humility by giving us the best chance to win.

If he actually did this he'd win the favor of many knick fans. Keeping Amare on the bench has gone to stubborn levels. I've heard plenty of basketball analysts simply say "you start your best players". Woodson is too concerned about balancing the starting unit and the bench. I know there have been injuries but guys really should have a better idea what their roles are now. Kurt has been mostly effective when given a chance but hasen't sniffed the court even during our mega definsive decline. Copeland, while not being the greatest defender proved on many occassions that he has the ability to score in this league. I'm pretty sure he's clueless as to why he got overlooked even when the team needed some offensive infusion. Hell, he's more versatile than Novak.

I hate when the knicks give their coaches shows on MSG. I just think its wrong and adds to the celebrity. I want my coach to be hidden away and strategizing until practice and gametime. These guys should be doing plenty of things in practice and I don't want cameras in there inturrupting and setting up segments for a show.

bigapple

Starter
and cavs annoucer known Knicks better than Knicks worlds says Knicks cant play fastbreaks bcoz they DONT HAVE Age for fastbreaks.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
JR going 6 for 17 for 18 points really hurt us. Melo already shoots a ton of shots..we dont need JR doing the same thing and completely stopping our ball movement. #TradeJR

Kiyaman

Legend
and cavs annoucer known Knicks better than Knicks worlds says Knicks cant play fastbreaks bcoz they DONT HAVE Age for fastbreaks.

I dont recall Melo, JR, or Felton being apart of a fastbreak on their previous teams.

The trio of Melo, JR, and Felton know how to catch a lob pass to score a layup/dunk on a 1 on 0 fastbreak,
but the trio rarely look up court to throw a lob-pass, plus the Trio dont know how to complete a 3 on 2 fastbreak without shooting a jump-shot.
I mention this because the trio are our most minute played players on the Knicks, and this season they prove to be highly-elergic to the running-game.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
OKC will evaluate JR.smith for us

JR going 6 for 17 for 18 points really hurt us. Melo already shoots a ton of shots..we dont need JR doing the same thing and completely stopping our ball movement. #TradeJR

The Knicks vs OKC will be the game we evaluate JR.Smith all-around awareness performance ..
with Sefolosha as JR defender .. we will know if JR is a keeper for next season.

Will JR hide behind the 3-ball line all game?
how many steals & turnovers will Westbrook, Sef, and Durant force JR to have?
The OKC trio made Jamal Crawford look like a BUST everytime they met the past two seasons.
Lastseason the OKC trio sent Felton home crying after each game they played, thats when they had the Beard-Harden.

Little do peeps know, Melo have coach Woodson doing overtime in practice to train JR.smith at becoming the Knicks 2nd-option on offense, the session started when Amare caught an injury during the preseason games.
So far has Woodson private sessions with JR paying off?

Red

TYPE-A
The Knicks vs OKC will be the game we evaluate JR.Smith all-around awareness performance ..
with Sefolosha as JR defender .. we will know if JR is a keeper for next season.

Will JR hide behind the 3-ball line all game?
how many steals & turnovers will Westbrook, Sef, and Durant force JR to have?
The OKC trio made Jamal Crawford look like a BUST everytime they met the past two seasons.
Lastseason the OKC trio sent Felton home crying after each game they played, thats when they had the Beard-Harden.

Little do peeps know, Melo have coach Woodson doing overtime in practice to train JR.smith at becoming the Knicks 2nd-option on offense, the session started when Amare caught an injury during the preseason games.
So far has Woodson private sessions with JR paying off?

This is more of an opportunity to measure STAT who's going against a defender. JR held his own, mostly because Westbrook wasn't on him, and he's streaky hot.

Amare lacks lift and explosiveness. His post moves are coming in handy. I need to see better passing and defense, including rebounding.

Red

TYPE-A
When you don't trust your PF...

When you panic and use a line-up of FOUR (4) Guards & Chandler with Ibaka and Durant on the floor...

When you "freestyle" and neglect to sucessfully run drawn up plays...

This is what happens.

From the looks of things coach doesn't mind losing to good/playoff teams. After all, they provide a built in excuse.
Nah... he's worried about having everyone healthy for the playoffs. Genius.smh

Kiyaman

Legend
This is more of an opportunity to measure STAT who's going against a defender. JR held his own, mostly because Westbrook wasn't on him, and he's streaky hot.

Amare lacks lift and explosiveness. His post moves are coming in handy. I need to see better passing and defense, including rebounding.

Stat suprised all of us by playing 29 minutes of DEFENSE .. Stat didnt bail-out after getting his shot block several times. Stat actually made up for his poor FG%, and low score with a relentless defense vs OKC Thunders

Kiyaman

Legend
When you don't trust your PF...

When you panic and use a line-up of FOUR (4) Guards & Chandler with Ibaka and Durant on the floor...

When you "freestyle" and neglect to sucessfully run drawn up plays...

This is what happens.

From the looks of things coach doesn't mind losing to good/playoff teams. After all, they provide a built in excuse.
Nah... he's worried about having everyone healthy for the playoffs. Genius.smh

I still dont know why coach Woodson show no-confidence in Stat by not coaching Stat to any of his strengths.

And the small-ball 4-guards lineup make no-sense when the lineup is clueless on how to play in transition.
When our small-ball 4-guard lineup learn to get the ball from one end to the next end to score with just one or three dribbles then I will co-sign our small-ballin 4-guard lineup.
Felton cant touch the ball without dribbling it.
JR cant touch the ball without dribbling it.
And Felton/JR have mediocre passing-skills.
When a team have 3 guards with elite passing-skills .. automatically that team can win running a 3-guard lineup.
We only have one guard on our roster with elite passing-skills (39 yr ole Kidd).

Red

TYPE-A
When you foolishly play your SF out of his natural position at PF...

he gets beat up and the wear and tear takes a tool.

This is what happens. It's not rocket science.