Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade melo

Default Trade melo

Lol , jk .

Superstar

Maybe we can get Luke Walton and Mo Speights for him.

I can honetly tell you im starting to think we should'nt have done the trade for melo.This team has'nt hardly improved at all since he came here.He is a great scorer and can score 30 pts a game when playing good but they won't get a team nowhere b/c Melo can't make the players around him better.Some players can and some can't and melo can't.If we would'nt have made that trade I can honestly say I think the knicks would have been a better team.

all he has to do is grow up, and play like he was at the beginning of the year. Take fewer shots and trust your teammates with those passed-up shots. He's here and he's here to stay. At this point, it's the coaches' job to get this into his head.

Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    all he has to do is grow up, and play like he was at the beginning of the year. Take fewer shots and trust your teammates with those passed-up shots. He's here and he's here to stay. At this point, it's the coaches' job to get this into his head.
    Yes he does have to grow up and have that same attitude that he had when he said he wanted to win.This team played great ball on the court.He has to realise he can still get his 25 pts a game with fewer shots b/c of the talent he has it would come easily.The ball movement has completly stoped b/c of Melo and smith.We have seen over and over when melo gets hurt that the ball movement comes back.I agree it is on the coach to fix this problem BUT I also think Melo has to do his part and agree to share the ball.This team will never win if Melo keeps this kind of attitude and thats a fact.Yes we will make it to the playoffs but won't stay there long if melo does'nt get his act together.

this team need 2nd player like MELO but on diffrent position + PG with better IQ [Lin]

have u seen his spin move vs heat with +1 and he didnt fear Birdman which is known as same blocking machine as Ibaka.

Veteran

I guess leading the NBA in scoring isn't getting your act together???? What about the other 11 guys on the roster???

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I guess leading the NBA in scoring isn't getting your act together???? What about the other 11 guys on the roster???
    Did leading the league in scoring get AI anywhere? NO it did'nt and it won't melo either.Whats the use to have a roster when you are'nt willing to pass the ball to them for a wide open shot b/c you are getting double teamed.

next week knicks r starting strongest road trip utah denver portland gsw clippers. Still hope they will survive as 2/3 seed

bcoz its 4 games in 5 nights

Veteran

If I remember correctly AI did make it to an NBA finals....Anyway bad comparison...AI was a 6'1" point guard...MELO is a 6'6" point-forward...Anyway...Who is MELO supposed to be "sharing the ball with????" Seriously who???? I watched that debacle Sunday...Melo drops 24 in the first half so the HEAT doubled him and then what???? JR,Novak,Stat,Felton..all sucked it up If I am coaching against the KNICKS I TRIPLE-TEAM MELO and force the rest of the scrubs to beat me....

If I remember correctly AI did make it to an NBA finals....Anyway bad comparison...AI was a 6'1" point guard...MELO is a 6'6" point-forward...Anyway...Who is MELO supposed to be "sharing the ball with????" Seriously who???? I watched that debacle Sunday...Melo drops 24 in the first half so the HEAT doubled him and then what???? JR,Novak,Stat,Felton..all sucked it up If I am coaching against the KNICKS I TRIPLE-TEAM MELO and force the rest of the scrubs to beat me....
    bad comparison lol if you say so. Did AI come threw when he got to the finals no!! You ask who melo is supposed to share the ball with? HIS WHOLE TEAM!!! Thats why it is called a team not melos team.I want melo to play like he did at the start of the year.He shared the ball,hustled and even played defense.He has completly quit doing all those things and went back to his old ways not playing defense not hustling and stops the ball movement and shoots everytime he touchs the ball.

You answer me this question... Do you still think Melo is playing the same way he did in the early part of the season? If you think he is then why are'nt we winning?? When your star player quits playing team ball and is all about himself that lets the whole team down.That tells the team that he does'nt care and they start doing the same.Thats why this team isn't going to do nothing this year.

Come on guys, you can't compare Melo to Iverson. They might have both been great scorers but Iverson (being a PG) orchestrated the team offense even if he did take a lot of shots, while ball movement tends to stop with Melo. Iverson averaged a lot higher assists per game, and he even brought his team to the finals...I dont know how many times we had first round exits with Melo

Superstar

All u melo haters are morons... He's passing the ball just as much to the same people. They're missing shots. That's why we're losing! If they were hitting them he'd pass more but since they're missing he shots more.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    All u melo haters are morons... He's passing the ball just as much to the same people. They're missing shots. That's why we're losing! If they were hitting them he'd pass more but since they're missing he shots more.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Nobody hatin on Melo more than u by putting down Melo's teammates .. Recall, Melo's a top-3 high scorer on a winning team. Everyone know Miami Heat is not just Lebron, or OKC is not just Durant

The title of this thread is about "the other 11 guys performance in last night game" .. they were down by 22 points, in lastnite WIN.

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    Come on guys, you can't compare Melo to Iverson. They might have both been great scorers but Iverson (being a PG) orchestrated the team offense even if he did take a lot of shots, while ball movement tends to stop with Melo. Iverson averaged a lot higher assists per game, and he even brought his team to the finals...I dont know how many times we had first round exits with Melo

Well Melo does bring the ball of the floor 70% of the time which is nonsense b/c all he is doing is wasting energy.Give the ball to the pg and let him bring it up the floor while you save your energy..