Trade melo

Kiyaman

Legend
That was great but you shouldn't need MELO to beat one of the worst teams in the NBA lol:)

u right, we only needed Melo on the court for the first 14 minutes of the game so the worst team in the NBA could take a 22 point lead on us in just 14 minutes .... how many points did Spieght score in those 14 minutes? compared to the points he scored for the game???

jimkcchief88

All Star
u right, we only needed Melo on the court for the first 14 minutes of the game so the worst team in the NBA could take a 22 point lead on us in just 14 minutes .... how many points did Spieght score in those 14 minutes? compared to the points he scored for the game???

You are right KIYA...It was ALL MELO's fault that the Knicks were down by 22 and if Melo would have stayed in the game, the Knicks would have LOST. Yep, the KNICKS are having their best season in a DECADE INSPITE of MELO LEADING the NBA in SCORING:) In fact, the reason why we WON ALL THOSE GAMES IN NOVEMBER,DECEMBER AND JANUARY WHILE STAT WAS ON THE BENCH was because not only is STAT a 1st ballot HALL OF FAMER, HE is ALSO A great CHEERLEADER and stayed the night in a HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS last night:)

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
why do we need melo when we have jr??... jr is certainly capable of hoisting up 2x..or even 3x the amount of shots he is taking now...i say move melo's ass out of town, give the ball to jr and get out of his way...BOMBS AWAY.....

Kiyaman

Legend
You are right KIYA...It was ALL MELO's fault that the Knicks were down by 22 and if Melo would have stayed in the game, the Knicks would have LOST. Yep, the KNICKS are having their best season in a DECADE INSPITE of MELO LEADING the NBA in SCORING:) In fact, the reason why we WON ALL THOSE GAMES IN NOVEMBER,DECEMBER AND JANUARY WHILE STAT WAS ON THE BENCH was because not only is STAT a 1st ballot HALL OF FAMER, HE is ALSO A great CHEERLEADER and stayed the night in a HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS last night:)

Yes, it was Iso-Melo slow-ballin halfcourt-offensive set on every offensive-possession for 14 straight minutes that let headcoach Byron Scott transition strategy with Irving & Spieght take a 22 point lead.
I guess u didnt notice K-Mart & Kidd sitting together on the bench watching their same moves being used on the Knicks when Byron Scott were their headcoach.

We won 36 games out of 57 games on the STRENGTH of HOF Jason Kidd.
Owner Cuban and headcoach Carlilse have a big reason to be angry at Jason Kidd.
Jason Kidd has a long-long career of improving his teammates talents & skillz

This season with Kidd we had a 18-5 start.
Last season without Kidd we had a 8-15 start with Melo averaging 31 points per game.
It took Linsanity without Melo & JR to go on a couple of win-streaks to make us a .500 team.
Do the Math
Do the math again so your next response will have logical-facts

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Yes, it was Iso-Melo slow-ballin halfcourt-offensive set on every offensive-possession for 14 straight minutes that let headcoach Byron Scott transition strategy with Irving & Spieght take a 22 point lead.
I guess u didnt notice K-Mart & Kidd sitting together on the bench watching their same moves being used on the Knicks when Byron Scott were their headcoach.

Last season without Kidd we had a 8-15 start with Melo averaging 31 points per game.
It took Linsanity without Melo & JR to go on a couple of win-streaks to make us a .500 team.
Do the Math

That k mart and kidd analogy is the silliest post of all. Also i guess its melos fault we had all those turnovers in the first quarter. Because those extra possesions are what allowed them to build that lead.... Kiyaman so u don't agree that melo is the main reason we are where we are. Like 3 rd(we're gonna end up second) and first in the division

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jimkcchief88

All Star

Do the Math

So the reason the KNICKS got off to a great start was 40 YEAR OLD JASON KIDD???? Here is a MNF reference in mid-March:C'MON MAN:)

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
There is no way u can compare Melo to Iverson .. Iverson were the unconditional first pick of the draft, plus Iverson publically stated to fans and the NBA during his rookie season "that he is not a PG, reguardless of the 8 to 12 assist he gives out per game". Which forced the Philly 76ers to trade their high scoring SG-Stackhouse to get Iverson a PG name Snow. The tandem backcourt of Snow & Iverson took Philly to the finals, plus made Philly a 3rd or 2nd round playoff team each season. Not a first-rounder like Melo.

Iverson biggest controversy were telling the League he is not a PG! (something Marbury shouldve did)
Iverson controversy was not being the first player to wair braids, or to miss ego coach Larry Brown practices (every star player missed Larry Brown abusive practices starting with Suger Ray Richardson, David Robinson, Rodman, Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson, and practically all of the Championship Detroit roster.).

The Denver Nuggets forced a running-uptempo Iverson to play PG with slow-ball moving SG-JR.smith & SF-Melo. This is why u always seen a running-transiton Iverson scoring a layup on a 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 defenders beating the shiii out of Iverson .. u rarely seen JR, Melo, Nene, Camby run on a fastbreak with Iverson.
This is why Melo & JR look lost on every fastbreak the Knicks run the past two seasons...

Kiyaman you can easily compare those two together when you are comparing them by 1) Shoots the ball way to much 2)Don't want to share the ball or become a team player and 3) More worried about padding their stats than winning 4)Does'nt play no defense at all.Thats what im talking about and you know all of that is the truth to both AI and Mello..I have nothing againist melo and I wish him nothing but the best BUT the things that I just told you are all facts and a team cannot win when they have a guy on their team that does that.Melo could be so much better on the floor were he is so gifted and talented but you have to use that talent like all the greats did and Melo isn't doing that.jmo

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
i really made this thread as a joke. as of tonight, the knicks are 5-5 when Melo doesn't play. 21-9 when Amare doesn't play (17-13 with amare)

erivera

Benchwarmer
ppl criticize melo way too much. just imagine if this team didn't make the trade a couple years ago and we kept our young talent and stat. we'd have a .500 team with a broken down former star player, and no free agents would want to come here. jus had to mention that.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
ppl criticize melo way too much. just imagine if this team didn't make the trade a couple years ago and we kept our young talent and stat. we'd have a .500 team with a broken down former star player, and no free agents would want to come here. jus had to mention that.

All the Criticism that people puts on melo is deserved b/c of all the talent that he has he is wasting on the court.What do we talking about when melo does something good on the floor? I'll tell you its nothing but scoring b/c thats all he does.The guy is a great athlete and when you are a great athlete you should be able to do EVERYTHING.That means play defense,hustle,find the open man when he is doubled,involve his players more by playing team ball,rebound and score.Scoring isn't everything in basketball.

I don't know how you could say if we would'nt have made the trade for melo we would only be a 500 team with stat.That team was coached by a guy who did'nt know what the word defense or rebound ment.That team had the talent to win and play with anybody but they did'nt have no coach to teach them.Gallo is playing great with denver and I personally still hate that he isn't here with the knicks.That team played very well with each other on the court b/c they included EVERYBODY.They averaged scoring alot of points every game and played team ball!! The only thing that keep that team from winning was the coach b/c he did'nt teach defense or rebounding.

bigapple

Starter
we dont need new coach we need players with D mentality where in this team are just 2-3 Shump can play some D Tyson and Martin but look @ D of heat they r playing video games D in real. Spurs D Pacers D Memphis D. Knicks r still far away from such D.

Problems is that wrong S5 + players with diffrent styles.