Thread: #FreeSTAT

Default #FreeSTAT

It's been a long time coming. We gotta get this dude out on the floor now. The time has long passed, Knicks are turning into a laughing stock and for us to have any hope of doing well in the playoffs we need STAT gelled into a 28+ minutes role not this weak 20 minutes off the bench crap.

Who's with me?

but he is still loosing ball when he have hands down + still travelling which is most funny while we know WHAT team is most know 4 travellers.

Originally Posted by smokes
    It's been a long time coming. We gotta get this dude out on the floor now. The time has long passed, Knicks are turning into a laughing stock and for us to have any hope of doing well in the playoffs we need STAT gelled into a 28+ minutes role not this weak 20 minutes off the bench crap.

Who's with me?
    I COMPLETELY agree with. Even Woodson said himself Stat needs to be more involved.

#FreeSTAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigapple
    but he is still loosing ball when he have hands down + still travelling which is most funny while we know WHAT team is most know 4 travellers.

I feel the same way when he gets the ball. Love Stat he just seems weird/predictable at times, a good weak side blocker will block his **** everytime without the correct floor spacing

Veteran

Stat is limited to 30 minutes and coach still played him 32 mins in the cleveland game. I just think he is being very cautious with Stat. He was never really a great defender and he still seems to be limited as far as his mobility. IMO, Stat is a better fit when coming off the bench only because he has the potential to keep the team scoring. Lets face it, Melo is a scoring machine and will get most of the touches no matter who is on the floor with him. I do see Tyson and Stat sharing the paint more, this will take time to master because Tyson is a rebounded and enterior defender and Stat is a P&R player. There's potential for disaster if their timing is off. Woody plays all 3 together but not offen because of the glaring deficiencies within the trio's collective efforts. In time I think they will figure it out.

STAT pushed his 30 minute cap yesterday

Veteran

When Woodson comments on Stat .. Woodson's words are very shallow & hesitant about his confidence in Stat.
    Woody words on Stat been like this since the ending of the 2011-12 regular season, throughout Stat's 2012-13 injury season to the 30 less minutes in his post-game comments.
    Which means Woody's Job is to please Dolan's franchise player Carmelo Anthony slow-ballin Iso-plays.

The Knicks roster and coaching-staff went along with Woody's favoritism of Melo & JR over every other teammate for the first 23 games to earn a 18-5 start ....... After that, the roster & coaching-staff took on a different stance, a 18-16 record stance, that wouldve been a 17-17 stance if Melo didnt trip over his own foot to cause him a injury to leave the Cavs game in the 2nd quarter with the Knicks down by 22 points. Melo consistent Iso-plays have never let us come-back from being down by 10 points, and JR iso-play almost cost us to lose the Cavs game in crunchtime.

Its not so much about FREEing-Stat .. its about playing to the talents/skillz of Stat, Novak, Shump, and Kidd's Strength by letting these players speed up the tempo to run a transition that take advantage of oposition weak areas on defense to outscore oponents by sharing the scoring with other Knicks teammates...

I miss STAT being THE guy. I know that great time period when he was the guy wasn't long, but damn it was exciting. I still shake my head at how he loses the ball, but give him a shot. He's NEVER been the guy since Melo came. Let's see what he can do being put into this position.

How Ironic, lol.

Yeah well, if he's gonna get injured like this from playing his whopping 23 minutes a night then so be it. Call it a day for his starting career, 20 minutes off the bench if we're lucky from this point out.

Knicks need to fire their medical staff like yesterday.

Veteran

This medical staff seriously blows. It took them like two months to realize that Sheed had a fractured foot and somehow Amar'e gets injured when playing like ~20 minutes a game?

We need the Suns' medical staff...or BALCO, either one...

He was freed alright! He just couldn't live up to it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

R.I.P.