Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amar'e to miss 6 WEEKS

Call me crazy but I think we might be better of with Kmart going into the playoffs. I'd gladly trade Amare's 16-18 points for 10 points along with intense defense and more rebounding. Amare was very efficient off the bench but his consistent lack of rebounding and stopping ability just offset that.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Call me crazy but I think we might be better of with Kmart going into the playoffs. I'd gladly trade Amare's 16-18 points for 10 points along with intense defense and more rebounding. Amare was very efficient off the bench but his consistent lack of rebounding and stopping ability just offset that.

O.K. CRAZZZY ....
    u dont remember Max contract $120M injury-prone Kenyon Martin on the Denver Nuggets for 6 years, always to injured to suit up for the postseason games, untill Billups became a Denver Nugget, then K-Mart average 34 minutes with Billups in 16 postseason games, where I guy name Trevor Ariza put it on Melo in the WCF in 6 games in 2008-9.

Kenyon Martin first season in Denver 2004-5, K-Mart publically called out coach Karl and Melo's lazyness on the defensive-end. There's more, after Denver got swept in the first round in 2007-8, Camby called out Melo's lazyness, and got traded 2 months later to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick.
    Didnt anyone witness what Knicks player got injured in the "Honeynut Cheerios" game? the same injured player who came back the same week Stat came back hoping the two could come off the bench together to backup Tyson & Melo. The same Player owner Dolan personally traded to Denver with our first round pick b/c he didnt show up to one of Dolan's fund rasiers in the offseason? YES Camby!!!

Man what a friggin blow this is ...... sucks, especially because Stoudemire was really coming on and looking good.

Brings me back to when they used the amnesty clause on Billups when he was in the final year of his deal instead of considering to use it on STAT. Im glad we got Chandler, but always seconded guessed using it on Billups when we had a huge contract tied up in a guy with bad knees in STAT.

This fkn sucks!!!

Sent from my LG-P999

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Why is anyone surprised by this? In the past few years Amar'e has reminded me of Eddy Curry 2.0 with more athleticism, a better diet and work ethic. The fact that he was able to play more than a month without injuring himself is the greatest miracle since the Hudson River airplane incident. The guy has always been as fragile as a light bulb. I wouldn't doubt that if Herb Williams were to suit up and play he could last longer than Amar'e.

The only person that deserves the blame for such a tragedy is Donnie Walsh. He was another GM in the long list of Knicks front office executives that was outsmarted by the other front office executives of the NBA. There are people that still praise him because he somehow put the Knicks under the salary cap but these people ignore the fact that he hired one of the worst coaches in the NBA, drafted Jordan Hill, traded Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford out of desperation, sent draft picks to Houston for Tracy Mcgrady, traded away David Lee for nothing and worst of all signed Amar'e Stoudemire to a contract that I doubt any team would have even given him.

This is the reality that we have to live with. Amar'e is going to be a man who will average between 15-30 games a season for the rest of his career. His career started falling apart before the Knicks signed him but many people didn't see this because all they wanted was for the Knicks to bring in a guy who would make them relevant.

I always understood that one of the dumbest moves that an NBA franchise could ever make is for them to sign a player that has a history of major injuries to a long term contract. When the Knicks gave Allan Houston his lucrative contract I thought I couldn't possibly see anything more ridiculous in my lifetime until Isiah Thomas broke the bank for Eddy Curry, even then I believed that the Knicks were struck by lightning twice until Donnie Walsh proved my hypothesis wrong in the summer of 2010.

The only option that I believe the Knicks have with Amar'e is the same option that they had with Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries when they had about two years remaining on their contracts back in 2009. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a very attractive expiring contract for many teams before the start of the 2014-15 campaign. By then, the Knicks have to look to get younger. The culture of overpaying players with injuries and trading for guys that are at the very end of their careers needs to come to an end. I believe that the chances of the Knicks becoming a better team in a couple of years through replacing everyone on their current roster minus Chandler, Melo and Shumpert are 50/50. Only time will tell though!

What this should remind u is .. (uptempo PG-Steve Nash) F/C Amare Stoudemire are acting the sameway as (uptempo PG-Jason Kidd) F/C Kenyon Martin acted when he became teammates with Carmelo Anthony style of walking the ball on every offensive possession.

Amare & K-Mart were injury-prone players their first 3 seasons with Melo .... both Amare & K-Mart had great success with defensive SF with great passing-skills in Shawn Marion & Richard Jefferson.

Denver Nuggets fans are laughing right now ....

Originally Posted by erivera
    amundson signed with the bulls. pretty weird how quiet it was, but i saw him in a bulls uniform.
    ....and yes the Knicks fell asleep on this one as well. With his expiring 10 dayer, Amundson's agent was busy at work and got him a remainder of the year deal with the Hornets........