Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Its over knicks fans!!

I'm now starting to think Woodson's coaching capacity will only allow him to produce a "middle of the pack" team over a full season. Notice how we are starting to resemble his former ATL Hawks. Not horrible but not really great either... just good enough to compete. His strong talk at the beginning of the season has fallen off and it seems the players have tuned him out to a degree. I don't understand his love for Melo at the PF spot for this long. The guy made his name in this league playing SF, so I don't get it. Novak SHOULD NOT be a rotation player but yet he his and his defense has got to be the worst in the league. Way too many jumpshots and I'm starting to think Felton isn't happy with the way the offense is run. Woodson allows everyone to bring the ball up court and do whatever. IMO this takes Felton out the game and we need him to be locked in. We have the lowest points/assist ratio in the league!! No ball movement and a coach who isn't adjusting during the game.

I had a really bad feeling last night when I saw the look on Woodson's face as the team was getting anal raped. He is now a clueless coach and when he gets back to the Garden it will be fire and brimstone if he doesn't get these guys back on track. This is NYC... we don't care nothing about your feeling bro.

Naah come on guys. It's too early to jump ship. We're still very much a float and we're just one game behind Indiana for the second spot in the East. In the light of the new pope. Have some faith fellas

If the knicks are a first round exit then Woodson has to go

Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    If the knicks are a first round exit then Woodson has to go
    For what it's worth: DENVER is 100-57 since they traded 'Melo.

As far back as Feb., I had the feeling that the Knicks could either go to the FINALS or be swept in the first round. That thinking still remains the same. If Knicks end up facing Nets, Celtics or Bulls in the first round (which will most likely happen), who here is confident we advance to the second round?

Still, let's not all jump ship just yet. Let's not forget for you long we wished just to have a top-4 team in the conference. This season has always been about 2 things: Carmelo and the 3-point shot. Throw out everything else... JR's shot selection, playing Priggs & Copeland more, the coach... All of that is just background noise.

The Knicks will get healthier ('Melo will be better come May; Shumpert will be rounding into form; Felton feeling better)... It all boils down to IF the 3s are falling in round one. If the Knicks are hot, and shots are falling... they'l beat whoever they face. IF this happens, and they survive the first round... Then game is on.

Maybe Wallace & Ama're return. Maybe they get Indiana or maybe they get Miami. Either way, if they have a series under their belt, if they are pufed up with the confidence that comes with that, if Melo is able to handle the load in the 4th quarter, and we are draining are 3s... We'll get to a game 6... and then anything is possible.

I seriously doubt we beat MIAMI or advance to the NBA FInals. Even if we win a series, or even 2, I doubt our three-point shot keeps falling for a month.

The point is... there's always hope. Let's put aside our "dream" to attain the #2 seed. Who cares about seeding now? Just be a top-4 team. Get homecourt in round 1. Get healthier and be ready for playoffs. After all, come playoff time.. you know the effort on defense will be there. We will play a more team-orientated, share-the-ball type of game... The bright lights will be on... Then, if we beat Nets, Bulls or Celtics... Who knows what happens?

Veteran

You really have to love fickle NY KNICK so-called fans....This thread starter-hater cried and cried" we don't need Melo; he hurts the team; he's selfish; we should't have made the trade...." blah, blah, blah. Guess what???? You jinxed the team and MELO is back in NY getting his knee drained. YOU GOT YOUR WISH, NOW SHUT-UP AND WATCH!!!! You guys asked for less Melo and deeper rotations...You got your wish....MELO has to get healthy for the playoffs...So your gonna get all the Copeland/Prigs/Camby/Thomas/K-Mart that you wanted because Melo/STAT/CHANDLER are out. So just SHUT-UP and enjoy what you asked for. The next 3 games are on national tv for all of us out market fans that can't or won't shell out for the league pass. Once we get top the playoffs, all bets are off and everyone starts with the same record. All we need is a ticket to the dance and we still sitting pretty

Veteran

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Naah come on guys. It's too early to jump ship. We're still very much a float and we're just one game behind Indiana for the second spot in the East. In the light of the new pope. Have some faith fellas
    I agree, we're still 3rd in the conference. You would think that with all this doom and gloom that we missed the playoffs. The guys have 3 more games this road trip and need to win 2/3 to keep that 1.5 game lead on the Nets, lose all 3 and it might be time to say the sky is falling.

I think, with Stat, Melo, Tyson out, we will be lucky to have home court adv. in the first round. Forget about second place.
    Secondly, if we continue playing stupid iso, selfish bball, with no ball movement, no effort on D, we are out after the first round, and it does not matter who is the opponent.
    Finally, Mister Woodson is a big problem. As someone said in this thread, he is a players coach but in a bad way.
    It looks like this group of guys needs someone like Popovich, or a green baret general who is not going to take any BS from any player.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    You really have to love fickle NY KNICK so-called fans....This thread starter-hater cried and cried" we don't need Melo; he hurts the team; he's selfish; we should't have made the trade...." blah, blah, blah. Guess what???? You jinxed the team and MELO is back in NY getting his knee drained. YOU GOT YOUR WISH, NOW SHUT-UP AND WATCH!!!! You guys asked for less Melo and deeper rotations...You got your wish....MELO has to get healthy for the playoffs...So your gonna get all the Copeland/Prigs/Camby/Thomas/K-Mart that you wanted because Melo/STAT/CHANDLER are out. So just SHUT-UP and enjoy what you asked for. The next 3 games are on national tv for all of us out market fans that can't or won't shell out for the league pass. Once we get top the playoffs, all bets are off and everyone starts with the same record. All we need is a ticket to the dance and we still sitting pretty
    Hey listen buddy I have to put up reading your one sited mello loving messages and I have said nothing smart ellic to you so if you don't like what I have to write then don't respond.You talk about some of us being half hearted knick fans son the ONLY player you care about is mello and thats it.You don't care about the the NY Knicks teams all you care about is Mello.We has fans on this board want to win with a WHOLE team not just with one player like you are thinking.You sound like you are a young kid b/c you don't want to do nothing except for starting a argument with other posters.I started this topic for conversation b/c incase you don't know thats what a messageboard is for....... I have done nothing to you and you have been on me for the past two weeks with your smart ellic remarks.If thats the kind of person you are then don't and I mean DON'T even read my posts b/c I want to talk about basketball in a CIVAL manner not argue like you want ALL THE TIME.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Ahh, gotta love this time of the year. Turmoil and panic. Best threads are made during this time.

in 99 Knicks had Larry Houston Sprewell all there was same age but they were faster and played much better but JVG made diffrences. They hit @ heat as 8seeded team

T-Hardaway was Lebron as Pg PJ Brown and Mashburn with Majerle were same killers as Allen Wade but they were fighting 4 seasons . Now i see nothing only Melo and something from JR.

Knicks can hit @ Celtics Hakws Bucks. East record are pretty even from 5-7. Everything is possible. But winning is needed.

Wilson: $5mi + Gallo: $9mil + Lee: $10mi = $24 mil

Melo: $22mil + Amare: $20mil + Chandler: $13mil= $55 mil

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Welcome back LJ. Lee is making more like 13M but I think most of us would prefer having Lee at 13M than Stat at 20M.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Ugh.. That hurts to look at.

dont compare contract from other franchise to Knicks. They could even pay more. Nuggets have same coach for almost 10 years Knicks have just brainless coaches

Current Nuggets have 1 of best PG and one of fastest.

Knicks gave up too much for MELo and signing gradpas

+ just look @ msg site knicks section MELO looks devastated this guy looks almost like crying

JR says "we dont come out we have to compete"

and when i am lookin into Novak i dont know if this guy is caring about winning or loosing when only his job is shoot 3s.

Breen says few times Nuggets using 3-7 secs to play fastbreak when Knicks wasting this time for dribbling

Add Gallo: $9mil + Lee: $10mi with Chandler 13 mil that would have been three good players for the knicks.