Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Game Thread Knicks @ Portland Trailblazers

All good points ^
    You dont have to be an expert to see how bad Woodsons decision making is. He must be blind if he cant see that JR Brick is the one player that is hurting this team the most. I have said many times that he is not a team player and never will be. His fans will argue that he is athletic, is an explosive finisher and he can shoot, but i will tell them that he is way too inconsistent and is unreliable at best.
    Woodson needs to understand that by shooting so much(low percentage btw) and dribble dribble dribble and than taking well contested shots, he is altimately highly ineffective and mainly, he is taking his teammmates out of the game.
    Last night was the perfect example for that.
    Woodson loves him and Felton for some reason and gives them too many minutes. This trio will never win anything.
    I say fire all 3 of them and will be much better off with what we have.

Veteran

Some say I shouldnt be so critical on JR.smith .. they change their mind when I show them that JR's 33 points on 50% FG shooting had no-parts in helping us build a 12 point lead over Portland.
    JR's selfish 33 points on 50% shooting helped Portland tie the game, and take a 10 point lead on us, plus help Portland hold the lead for 2 quarters .... taking our players out of the offense

It's games like this where you need players to adhere to a system. Woodson clearly has trouble getting certain players to work within the confines of his, namely JR Smith. Players need to share the ball and move it well. This is happening only for stretches.

Woodson's substitutions are also baffling. Prigs should be allowed to do his thing when he's running the team well. JR needs to benched when he takes horrible shots. If Raygun doesn't have it he needs to sit as well. I'm getting tired of this.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    It's games like this where you need players to adhere to a system. Woodson clearly has trouble getting certain players to work within the confines of his, namely JR Smith. Players need to share the ball and move it well. This is happening only for stretches.

Woodson's substitutions are also baffling. Prigs should be allowed to do his thing when he's running the team well. JR needs to benched when he takes horrible shots. If Raygun doesn't have it he needs to sit as well. I'm getting tired of this.

I am sure before the game Woodson preaches ball movement.....Then once the game starts he lives in such of fear of not having Felton and JR in that even if they do not follow the game plan he will just play them....I keep saying play Prig,,,,,,,,For whatever reason we seem to gel on the court when he is in.....Woodson has already pre decided who he will play and it does not matter what kind of night they are having....

Dantonio seems to have the Lakers playing well.

D'ant got a **** hand dealt to him. He also wasn't the right coach for Melo. He coached badly at times too. Overall he is a better coach than Woodson though. I've thought that and this thinking won't change unless Woodson can produce a few deep playoff runs.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    D'ant got a **** hand dealt to him. He also wasn't the right coach for Melo. He coached badly at times too. Overall he is a better coach than Woodson though. I've thought that and this thinking won't change unless Woodson can produce a few deep playoff runs.

After seeing what karl has Denver doing, Dantonio has the Lakers doing ( when they were losing we blamed him ) not look at Woodson........Woodson is a guy who preaches defense,,,,,,,,,
    So either

a. Woodson stopped preaching......
    b. He preaches and in the Smith, Felton and Melo show they still do it their way....

No matter how you slice it there has to be animosity in the locker room...........
    Woodson seems to no longer be coaching.........Our offense is stagnant and our defense stinks....

Lets hope this gets better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,