Game Thread Knicks @ Portland Trailblazers

skisloper

Starter
Fraudson love affair with Fast Ray killed any shot of a victory.

When Prigs on the floor we out scored the Blazers but with Fat Ray on the floor we were slaughtered. Not a more inept coach in all of the NBA right now than Fraudson, first half with Prigs in the game the Knicks up by 8 points, take out Prigs for Fat Ray and end the half down by 3. Second half down by 16 points take out Fat Ray for Prigs and cut lead to 6 points Last 6 minutes out goes Prigs in comes Fat Ray and we lose by 15.

Could be wrong but off the top of my head Knicks were +18 with Prigs on the floor and in the minus high 20's with Fart Ray on the floor. That is just bewildering incompetence on the part of any head coach and his staff.

Woodson is a Moron

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Just finished watching the game on League pass.

What the hell is Woodson doing. Benching hot players when they`re hot. Felton and JR getting huge minutes losing us the game. Right now Woodson is a complete copy of D`Antoni in every respect.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have only two things to say at this point: FIRE WOODSON

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
We had a 10-man rotation compared to Portlands inexperience young 8 man rotation .. we had a 10 point lead with 4 minutes left before halftime .. what changes did Portland make? NONE!
What changes did we make?
Our ball-movement and inside scoring stop (like a red STOP sign) once we passed the ball to dribble-holdball-dribble JR.smith.

In the first half we were 2-6 from the 3-ball line, the majority of our scoring were inside. Why did that stop?
In the 3rd qtr. we were 1-9 from the 3-ball line, and down by 10 points.
Lamarcus & Hickson did not defend the paint the entire game .. why did we stop the pick n roll to Camby, K-Mart, Copeland? Because Mr. JR.smith took our PG out of the game in the 2nd half, and at the end of the 2nd qtr..

There was no reason for JR.smith to get 36 minutes in a game where Portland had no answers for our 1st-unit lineup or our 2nd-unit lineup. Our 10-Man rotation were suppose to average 24 minutes of playingtime each in the same lineup at the end of a Back to Back game .. JR & Kidd were not suppose to be in both lineups in the 2nd half of the game...

Scipio

Benchwarmer
:agreed::agreed::agreed:
We had a 10-man rotation compared to Portlands inexperience young 8 man rotation .. we had a 10 point lead with 4 minutes left before halftime .. what changes did Portland make? NONE!
What changes did we make?
Our ball-movement and inside scoring stop (like a red STOP sign) once we passed the ball to dribble-holdball-dribble JR.smith.

In the first half we were 2-6 from the 3-ball line, the majority of our scoring were inside. Why did that stop?
In the 3rd qtr. we were 1-9 from the 3-ball line, and down by 10 points.
Lamarcus & Hickson did not defend the paint the entire game .. why did we stop the pick n roll to Camby, K-Mart, Copeland? Because Mr. JR.smith took our PG out of the game in the 2nd half, and at the end of the 2nd qtr..

There was no reason for JR.smith to get 36 minutes in a game where Portland had no answers for our 1st-unit lineup or our 2nd-unit lineup. Our 10-Man rotation were suppose to average 24 minutes of playingtime each in the same lineup at the end of a Back to Back game .. JR & Kidd were not suppose to be in both lineups in the 2nd half of the game...

You nailed it Kiya. Our coach and therefore the team actually went away form what we were doing to get us the first half lead. We were quite comfortable in building a lead and Portland had no answer for what we were doing inside with K-Mart and Camby leading the inside scoring.

Copeland started the first quarter by scoring well then he was benched half way through the first quarter. Maybe, I`m wrong, but I believe he didn`t play at all in the second quarter. As soon as JR got involved he started his ****ty dribble, dribble, standing still and shooting crap and we started to lose it. The coach actually moved us away from everything that we were doing well and moved us back to stupid JR iso ball. Pablo looked really good defending, passing, attacking the basket but again the coach wants Felton in there stinking the place up.

During the first quarter and a great deal of the second we had great shooting, why? Because we were attacking the paint. Guess what Woodson. Inside shots have a much better chance of being made because they are closer to the basket. Basic basketball that children learn. We had loads of assists and everyone was involved. Pablo feeding Camby for a lay up even. Why in the hell does Woodson put a stop to attacking the paint and the passing game. Stupid, so stupid. Every time that we play Woodson looks more and more like a fatter, blacker version of D`Antoni.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
All good points ^
You dont have to be an expert to see how bad Woodsons decision making is. He must be blind if he cant see that JR Brick is the one player that is hurting this team the most. I have said many times that he is not a team player and never will be. His fans will argue that he is athletic, is an explosive finisher and he can shoot, but i will tell them that he is way too inconsistent and is unreliable at best.
Woodson needs to understand that by shooting so much(low percentage btw) and dribble dribble dribble and than taking well contested shots, he is altimately highly ineffective and mainly, he is taking his teammmates out of the game.
Last night was the perfect example for that.
Woodson loves him and Felton for some reason and gives them too many minutes. This trio will never win anything.
I say fire all 3 of them and will be much better off with what we have.

Kiyaman

Legend
Some say I shouldnt be so critical on JR.smith .. they change their mind when I show them that JR's 33 points on 50% FG shooting had no-parts in helping us build a 12 point lead over Portland.
JR's selfish 33 points on 50% shooting helped Portland tie the game, and take a 10 point lead on us, plus help Portland hold the lead for 2 quarters .... taking our players out of the offense

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
It's games like this where you need players to adhere to a system. Woodson clearly has trouble getting certain players to work within the confines of his, namely JR Smith. Players need to share the ball and move it well. This is happening only for stretches.

Woodson's substitutions are also baffling. Prigs should be allowed to do his thing when he's running the team well. JR needs to benched when he takes horrible shots. If Raygun doesn't have it he needs to sit as well. I'm getting tired of this.

skisloper

Starter
It's games like this where you need players to adhere to a system. Woodson clearly has trouble getting certain players to work within the confines of his, namely JR Smith. Players need to share the ball and move it well. This is happening only for stretches.

Woodson's substitutions are also baffling. Prigs should be allowed to do his thing when he's running the team well. JR needs to benched when he takes horrible shots. If Raygun doesn't have it he needs to sit as well. I'm getting tired of this.

I am sure before the game Woodson preaches ball movement.....Then once the game starts he lives in such of fear of not having Felton and JR in that even if they do not follow the game plan he will just play them....I keep saying play Prig,,,,,,,,For whatever reason we seem to gel on the court when he is in.....Woodson has already pre decided who he will play and it does not matter what kind of night they are having....

Dantonio seems to have the Lakers playing well.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
D'ant got a **** hand dealt to him. He also wasn't the right coach for Melo. He coached badly at times too. Overall he is a better coach than Woodson though. I've thought that and this thinking won't change unless Woodson can produce a few deep playoff runs.

skisloper

Starter
D'ant got a **** hand dealt to him. He also wasn't the right coach for Melo. He coached badly at times too. Overall he is a better coach than Woodson though. I've thought that and this thinking won't change unless Woodson can produce a few deep playoff runs.

After seeing what karl has Denver doing, Dantonio has the Lakers doing ( when they were losing we blamed him ) not look at Woodson........Woodson is a guy who preaches defense,,,,,,,,,
So either

a. Woodson stopped preaching......
b. He preaches and in the Smith, Felton and Melo show they still do it their way....

No matter how you slice it there has to be animosity in the locker room...........
Woodson seems to no longer be coaching.........Our offense is stagnant and our defense stinks....

Lets hope this gets better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,