Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Toronto Raptors 03/22/13 7:30

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

nyktor.jpg

Today our veteran center turns 39 so let's wish a warm Happy Birthday to Marcus Camby!
marcus-camby-knicks.jpg

Joint of the day

RECENT MEETINGS
February 22, 2013
Despite outscoring Toronto 60-53 in the first and fourth quarter combined, New York came up short in the second and third quarters managing only 38 points compared to the 47 points from the Toronto Raptors, as the Knicks fell just short as they were handed their fourth straight defeat - their longest losing streak in the Mike Woodson era - 100-98 at the Air Canada Centre by the Toronto Raptors. New York was led by Carmelo Anthony?s 32 points, six rebounds and four assists over 42 minutes. J.R. Smith came off the bench to post 19 points on 7-12 shooting, four rebounds and four assists over 33 minutes. Amar?e Stoudemire added 14 points. Toronto was led by their new addition Rudy Gay who recorded 32 points, seven rebounds and two assists over 41 minutes. DeMar DeRozan added 18 points and six assists over 39 minutes.

February 13, 2013
In the final game before the All - Star break, Toronto rode a huge third quarter - outscoring the New York Knicks 28-18 - to a big road victory over the New York Knicks 92-88 at Madison Square Garden. New York was led by J.R. Smith?s 26 points on 7-15 shooting over 34 minutes. Carmelo Anthony added 12 points and 12 rebounds over 41 minutes for his third double - do duble of the season. Raymond Felton posted 16 points and five assists over 41 minutes. Toronto was paced by Alan Anderson?s 26 points off the bench. DeMar DeRozan recorded 20 points and four rebounds over 40 minutes. New York finished the first half of the season with a 32-18 recorded, their best recorded after 50 - games since the 1996-97 season when the Knicks were 36-14.

..more notes

Starting Lineups
nyk.jpg

tor.jpg

Rob Low

Rotation player
I will be at this game.

Also this is kinda related. I was at some club last night and guess who I see in there. None other than Jr Smith,Shump, and Kenyon so if they come out sluggish we know why.

bigapple

Starter
interesting imigrated girl which is living in Toronto 4 years says there is no nightlife in Toronto

plus i saw interview Felton once says that they left city @ 3:30 in morning to go to Ny. SO where is time for partying and then 30% shooting.

This is the kind of game that good effort, good team ball, and veteran stability should be able to carry us through, even on the road. As always, we have to try to avoid letting some bench scrub who averages 2.1 PPG go off for 30 against us. Good start so far, but need to keep it going and maybe actually put somebody away for real before the closing minutes. Let's go Knicks!

Great half for us, especially the 2nd quarter. Defense has been superb. Need to keep it up coming out of the half and demolish these guys to continuing getting some swagger back.

Speaking of which, I'm just going to go ahead and leave my wallet here on the ground in this thread while I'm away for the half. I'm fairly certain it will be safe since no one is actually around.

We'll we're in the playoffs, so that's something. KMart playing great and showing that an interior threat can be huge with our style of play (remember Amare's super high FG percentage games not too long ago). We need to keep everyone left healthy, get Chandler back, and maybe we can still make some noise this season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I tried to tell you rady. Mugs here be hating and only post haterade. Three game winning streak and where they all at???? Bogus fickle b*****!!!! I liked your game thread and loved the win. Melo is back an that's three in row!!! I didn't get to see the game but I followed the ticker while watching the Hoyas get popped lol:). I will be watching the fan night game Tuesday Knicks and C's!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Great half for us, especially the 2nd quarter. Defense has been superb. Need to keep it up coming out of the half and demolish these guys to continuing getting some swagger back.

Speaking of which, I'm just going to go ahead and leave my wallet here on the ground in this thread while I'm away for the half. I'm fairly certain it will be safe since no one is actually around.
ha ha U ain't lying. 11 posts in a game thread but props to you for supporting the game threads.

Toronto is playing less than .500 ball since getting Rudy, that's unreal I had them as a borderline playoff team with all the athletes they gave. Beating the Raps, Jazz and Magic is good but we need to beat Boston to prove anything.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
ha ha U ain't lying. 11 posts in a game thread but props to you for supporting the game threads.

Toronto is playing less than .500 ball since getting Rudy, that's unreal I had them as a borderline playoff team with all the athletes they gave. Beating the Raps, Jazz and Magic is good but we need to beat Boston to prove anything.

+1

Boston is down 8 with about 2 minutes left against Dallas as I type this ..... so looks like we are adding to our division lead.

Ill be at the Boston Garden Tuesday night for the game, my girls aunt manages a bank and gave me 4 tickets in a box.....can't wait to go haven't seen my Knicks in person since the season finale in Boston back in 99/2000 right before we went on that playoff run as the 8th seed......hopefully we get similar results this year as well!!!!

We beat Boston Tuesday night, and we have a clear path to the division title! LETS GO NYK!!!

EDIT: we will have a nice lead over Boston, Brooklyn is still on our ass.

Sent from my LG-P999

Last edited:

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Just back from the game.

A few thoughts.

K-MART= MONSTER. Simply do not win that game minus Mr.Martin.

Melo went for 37 but bit worried as his knee is clearly not right. Not sure how it looked on TV but from my POV at the ACC he's a playing through some serious knee pain.

Pray Camby can stay healthy, different team when Camby on the floor. Overall not pretty but great too see Knicks clinch a playoff spot live.

deamon

Benchwarmer
Meh to guys who said we shouldn't sign Martin because he didn't play one year.
Move Melo to SF, play Chandler and Martin together. DEFENSE!

bigapple

Starter
I want Pablo next year his is just like Payton
K-Mart Camby Tyson Melo Pablo whole D lineup.

Felton is just sich slow i just can watch his dribbling and staying and dribbling WHY DONT U DRIVE INTO PAINT.

Kiyaman

Legend
A must read .......

I want Pablo next year his is just like Payton
K-Mart Camby Tyson Melo Pablo whole D lineup.

Felton is just sich slow i just can watch his dribbling and staying and dribbling WHY DONT U DRIVE INTO PAINT.

I thought everyone knew .. Felton was suspended for 4 to 6 weeks early in the season for averaging 19 shot attempts per in all our first 28 games of the season (20-8 record), Felton was in complete control of our offense the first 28 games of the season. Plus Amare Stoudemire were suppose to return on our 27th game of the season, but coach Woodson held Amare Stoudemire return to the 31st game this season when Felton started his suspension.
Strange Coincidence!

Amare's first 12 to 14 games were without Felton in any of his lineups .. Amare only played 29 games this season. WHY? What did Felton & Amare do to comeback from a 22 point deficit in Cleveland? Samething Lebron did!!!

Plus when Felton return from the so-call pinky-fracture injury, Felton was no longer allowed to control or lead the point.
Felton new job was to bring the ball upcourt and pass it before he got to the top of the key.
Felton no-longer took 19 shots per game, Felton's shot attempts were reduce to 5 to 7 shots per game.
Felton could either take those 5 to 7 shot attempts or assist Amare with those attempts if Woody put Amare in a lineup with Felton.

Felton's last 27 game performance is completely not the same performance Felton gave us the first 28 games of the season.
Big Props goes out to Kenyon Martin outstanding performance lastnight 19 pts, 11 rb, 2 stl, 1 blk, and 1 turnover, are simular to what Martin average playing with Jason Kidd as a Nets. Sad to say, but Kenyon Martin could never give half that performance with Melo in Denver...

deamon

Benchwarmer
Agree Fatton is too slow in defense. He has lose on weight.
Also I hate his lob shots, which don't lands in basket.