Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Boston Celtics 03/26/13 7:00

Beautiful road win against a team that had our number for so long. We outplayed them in essentially every facet of the game. I hope this win brings back some of the enthusiasm we saw earlier in the season. We may not be the heir apparent to the championship, but we are still a good team this year.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Stomp them out tonight.

Great too see Woodson finally cave in and grasp the team is significantly better when Prigs is on the floor. Been said by many but again can't over state the impact K-Mart has made. Simply a monster addition.

tiger0330

Legend
Missed the game but looks like the key was the turnovers and second chance points. Us with 8 the C's with 19 and we took 21 more shots than the C's, I see we needed them because Melo was 10/30. Looks like the D was good with the 12 steals.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Went to the game tonight, great to see an ass whoopin like that in person.

Prigioni was very active and has a knack for making things happen ...... loved his effort.

Like others have already stated, KMart has been a hell of a pick up. The guy brings toughness, D and effort....want to see him and Tyson starting come playoff time.

Novak did was he does best .... hit the 3.

Despite a low FG %, Melo had a huge impact (as usual) and bullied his way through Boston's D.

Kidd showing what he lacks in youth and athleticism he can make up for with a high BBall IQ. Also Shump gives 110%.....can't wait to see what he develops into long term.

JR. Enough said!

Sent from my LG-P999

metrocard

Legend
Went to the game tonight, great to see an ass whoopin like that in person.

Prigioni was very active and has a knack for making things happen ...... loved his effort.

Like others have already stated, KMart has been a hell of a pick up. The guy brings toughness, D and effort....want to see him and Tyson starting come playoff time.

Novak did was he does best .... hit the 3.

Despite a low FG %, Melo had a huge impact (as usual) and bullied his way through Boston's D.

Kidd showing what he lacks in youth and athleticism he can make up for with a high BBall IQ. Also Shump gives 110%.....can't wait to see what he develops into long term.

JR. Enough said!

Sent from my LG-P999

Great post.
thanks.
Glad you enjoyed the game.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Great post.
thanks.
Glad you enjoyed the game.

Thanks man.

On a side note.....during the 4th quarter me and my brother in Knicks gear were going to find the bathroom...in the hallway near section 109 I noticed Walter McCarthy and some guy that looked like he worked for Comcast Sports walking towards us so I said "Hey Waaaalta! I remember you had some time with the Knicks too......do you?!" Hey just said "what's up guys what's up? Gotta give it up....you guys got us tonight!".

Only talked to him for probably 30 seconds tops but seems like a nice guy.....at that point though I was feeling so nice he coulda told me to fck myself and I would of prob just laughed and made some smart ass comment back LOL

Sent from my LG-P999

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Nice win last night. Knicks played the kind of basketball I like to see. No chucking up 3s and attacking the basket for high percentage shots. Not really a fan of the 3 guard lineup but the C's had a quick crew so its understandable. Overall, other than continuing the winning streak i didn't take too much away from this game. No KG or Rondo so this was and is a team that was only operating at half capacity. I do like how JR has altered his game recently. The guy was wasting all that talent just spotting up for 3s. The weird thing about it was that Woodson allowed it for so long. SMH

Listening to Colin Cowherd this morning, he is using this game as an example of how we can play right and be the team that beats Miami. In particular, he is saying that a tandem of Chandler, KMart, and Amare (if healthy), would be something that Miami wouldn't be able to necessarily handle. According to Cowherd, we'd have to try to avoid long misses on shots (i.e. no stupid jumpers) and double down on the defender who rebounds for them to allow our guards/wingmen get back to slow their fast break.

Are we the Miami killers? Hopefully, we make it far enough in the playoffs to find out. Maybe it's all fantasy, but when's the last time someone was talking about us as a team that could actually do something remarkable.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I was running errands last night but I listened to most of the game on our local Chicago ESPN(go figure) with Dr Jack Ramsey on the call. Maybe I am sounding old here but I love listening to games on the radio. They paint the picture but more important the good radio announcers break the game all the way down for you. Dr Jack was giving it up last night as our Knicks smacked down the Celts.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
One of the main reasons the knicks are on this 4 game winning streak is b/c of jr smith.I've been tough on him this year but I give credit were credit is do.He has changed his game atleast for now driving to the basket for easy shots.That has opened up the whole floor for all the players and the team that they are playing has to change everything on defense.

bigapple

Starter
nice call Celt Dicks :D some1 says bout his own most hated team well i got mine no1 Cavs,Bucks for years they were kickin Knicka asses even when Knicks scored 50+ wins.

now its Nets and still Cavs.

tiger0330

Legend
One of the main reasons the knicks are on this 4 game winning streak is b/c of jr smith.I've been tough on him this year but I give credit were credit is do.He has changed his game atleast for now driving to the basket for easy shots.That has opened up the whole floor for all the players and the team that they are playing has to change everything on defense.
JR has always been a mystery too me. Said last year with his athleticism that he should be looking to penetrate more instead of taking that step back and he played for Karl who has always taught his guys to get their points in the paint.

Better late than never, glad he's listened to Woody preach about high percentage buckets in the paint.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
JR has always been a mystery too me. Said last year with his athleticism that he should be looking to penetrate more instead of taking that step back and he played for Karl who has always taught his guys to get their points in the paint.

Better late than never, glad he's listened to Woody preach about high percentage buckets in the paint.

Exactly! Its ashame that players waste their talent b/c they don't use it the right way.The problem with Smith is that he don't want to stick with doing the right things(driving to rim)very long until he is right back to his old self.I hope he has turned the leaf over and changed but we will have to wait and see.

Kiyaman

Legend
Missed the game but looks like the key was the turnovers and second chance points. Us with 8 the C's with 19 and we took 21 more shots than the C's, I see we needed them because Melo was 10/30. Looks like the D was good with the 12 steals.

nice evaluation .. i missed the game too, had to check the stats, the 12 steals n 8 turnovers stoodout bigtime vs Doc Rivers 2012-13 low-rebound & low-turnover .500 team .. the 19 turnovers spelled a losing Celtics

I didnt like the 54 shot attempts by Melo/JR.smith .. tonight "Prince & Tony Allen"
I wont miss the Memphis Game .. plus ex-Knicks players (Zach) has been adding a lot to our loss column.

Kiyaman

Legend

u shoulda put Kenyon Martin to get my vote plus 100% of everyone else to agree on the 5 game win streak.
JR.smith shooting % we could actually get better from a few other Knicks-players vs the past 5 teams.
Woody, Tyson, and Kidd been trying to get JR to drive to the lane, but JR been to busy playing Novak's position on the peremeter averaging six 3-ball attempts per game all season.

We play a second-round postseason team tonight in the Memphis Grizz .. what kind of game (inside or outside) will JR have vs Gasol/Prince/and Tony Allan???
K-Mart will be busy with Zach & Gasol to bully anyone else in the paint.

tiger0330

Legend
Kiyaman - Gasol out indefinitely with abdominal muscle tear. He's out for tonights game but says he'll be back before the playoffs.