Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Boston Celtics 03/26/13 7:00

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

I've been caught with some things and can't provide a proper thread for tonight's matchup, so unless anyone is willing to give it a shot we'll stick to a simple one.

Nothing wrong with a simple game thread. We have to show dominance of the Celtics tonight. Even without Chandler, they're the ghosts of our failures the last two years, but they're not the same team and neither are we. Let's take these guys down and remind the league that we may not be as unbeatable as we used to look at the beginning of the year, but we are still way better than we were last year.

Let's go Knicks!

Yeah, seriously, I'm the same way. Loathe the Boston teams, never watched Boston Public, always return my uneaten portion for a refund at Boston Market, you get the idea.

The Celtics have no answer for Melo and without Garnett to clean up in the middle, they should be less able to try that strategy of throwing three guys at him every time on the perimeter. If we can play solid defense and move the ball on the offensive end, we should be able to eat these guys up tonight.

Wow, Crawford is kind of a b*tch with all those histrionics over that light a love tap on the shoulder.

I'll take a 4-point lead after that 1st quarter. Offense was clicking, but defense was non-existent at times. We can bury these guys on their home court if we lock down a little more and protect the interior.

JR Smith is singlehandedly making this lineup work. Otherwise, these 5 guys on the court are a disaster. No interior presence, minimal rebounding, and defense that is poor at best.

Appropriately enough, the game plan seems to be to attack the middle of these guys without Garnett. Like what I see so far, even if it has required a lot of 2nd chance points. The J.R. Smith that can successfully attack the basket is the J.R. Smith we want for the playoff run, not the J.R. Smith that is chucking it up from halfcourt with 3 hands in his face.