Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping JR Smith

Veteran

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    Yeah about 15 minutes from Salem, NH.....huge Jets and Knicks fan....my father's family is from the Bronx which is why they're my teams.

Sent from my LG-P999
    Cool, I was born and raised in the Bronx but live in Westchester now. Surprised you aren't a Giants fan, your dad must have rooted for them back when they played in Yankee Stadium. A lot of Jets fans I know are from LI and Queens from when they played at Shea.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    JR.smith performance is only worth $2.5M per .. next season.

The way I see it .... JR.smith is a Knicks on the stregnth of Melo.
    JR.smith is allowed to take more shot attempts per game than Lebron James, are on the strength of Melo.
    Would we really want to keep JR.smith .. if we limited JR to the same amount of shot attempts as we been limiting Amare or Shump per game?
    Do u think Shump would be a better 6th man than JR nextseason?
    Cmon man, JR has been beast this year. He'll surely get more than 2.5 mil next season, be it with our Knicks or not. To put it in perspective, JR is averaging 17.8 ppg, 2.7 apg, and 5.2 rpg @ a salary of $2.8 mil as the 6th man.

Joe Johnson, meanwhile, is averaging 16.3 ppg, 3.6 apg, and 3.0 rpg @ more than $19 mil this season as the Nyets' go-to-guy. Now I know some players can get WAYYYYY overpaid, but you have to agree that JR deserves more than 2.5 mil after the growth as a player he has shown this season.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Cool, I was born and raised in the Bronx but live in Westchester now. Surprised you aren't a Giants fan, your dad must have rooted for them back when they played in Yankee Stadium. A lot of Jets fans I know are from LI and Queens from when they played at Shea.
    Cool!

Yeah my father's the only one in his family that is a Jets/Mets fan....he was at the AFL Championship vs Oakland in 68, he became a big Namath fan and grew up with Jets huge upset over Colts in SB III and the Miracle Mets so that's how he became a fan of those teams despite growing up in the Bronx.

Its cool though ..... I bleed Green and White/Orange and Blue (Knicks) wouldn't change it for the world despite all the success the Giants have had. I wont lie, its been rough the past decade with Patriots run they've had, but half their fans didn't exist prior to 2001 so I say Fck them and will go toe to toe with any of those arrogant, sun shine bandwagon fans LOL I started following the Jets in the Esiason/Pete Carroll years and Kotite years......no way I am changing teams if I were even capable of it now!

I honestly didn't have anything against the Celtics though until a couple years ago since they sucked in the 90s when Knicks had a strong squad and were legit contenders......then when we went through the post Ewing era and Isaiah years they emerged with Pierce, Walker, Anderson then Pierce, KG, Allen ....... wasnt until the playoff series two years ago when KG tripped TD to free Allen for GW 3 in game 1 when I started hating them. I only truly hated Miami and Indiana up until that point (hated Chicago too but atleast respected them).

Sent from my LG-P999

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Please feel free to show me any link that shows JR turned down a better offer then what the Knicks were offering....I never read one article or heard one report that stated another NBA team offered JR a better contract then the knicks....
    Yeah I should of clarified.....I don't know for sure if he took less to stay in NY when he accepted his player option for this season.....but common sense would say he did when you look at what Toronto signed Landry Fields for......

here is an article (bleacher report....but still something LOL) I found quick with a google search talking about the bargain Knicks were able to retain JR for by him accepting his $2.5mil player option - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]