Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Miami Heat 04/02/13 8:00

We are starting to roll here, even with Melo on the bench. Have the tides finally turned for good in this one? I sure hope so. We need to close this one out.

Sweet mother of mercy, I don't care if Battier is wrapped around his face koala-style, give Melo the freakin ball.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Melo already scored 50 on Battier back when he was on Houston. I'm pretty sure his career average against him is at least 40 a game.

About time. About freaking time. Finally showing that the Wade-less, Lebron-less, Chalmers-less Heat aren't quite in our class. Finally.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
32 points allowed in second half...Once Woodson got it through these guys heads that only way to win this game was to D the hell up that was all she wrote for the Heat.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Wow! The rim had to have been 10 ft wide. Melo was just on fire. Miami played the best they could have played being that they were down wade, bron and rio. No excuses tho, They had the game close the entire time up until the 4 minute mark then Melo finished it. But we all know the playoffs is a different beat. I wonder if we'll meet then. But nice game tho

jimkcchief88

All Star
Finally finished watching the game today DVR style on my lunch as I had to work last night. Where is orange blob man and the rest of the Melo hating crew now???? Still missing Gallo and Linsanity???? No no no no Melo put on a pre playoffs exhibition last night with the full repitiore on display. Esp with peanuckle headed Shane Battier draped all over him like cheap suit head looking like the peanut man minus the top hat and monocle. Melo would have had 60 if the ref called half the fouls on committed on Melo and crew. How does it feel making it onto Kmarts' poster sorry Birdman???? And can we finally give Woody some credit??? He got the tem up to play a short handed Heat squad. You know Woody can coach because of those arm crossed, lip poked out, disgusted looks he gives our players when they mess up. And nice defensive adjustments as well at the half to shut them clowns down. And everyone saying we should be resting guys: Hello we are still in a playoff seeding race and trying to win the division for the first time in a decade!!!!

bigapple

Starter
dont go overboard dude

when heat r playing with their most hated duo in entire NBA world then heat r playing totally diffrent style

their D is much stronger + i dont remember when last time i saw layup when Lebron goes to empty paint with his run and gun fastbreak.

for me this team simply need 2nd scorer like MELo then we can comete with Miami

Knicks are too old team to play running and gunning but they can kill anyone when MELO will play like that night and their 3s are finishing inside.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Woody should not let Tyson play tonight. Put Camby in and rest Martin as well. Yes we need the win but not at the expense of losing these guys to nagging injuries this late in the season. With #1 locked in place Heat got nothing to play 4 for the rest of the season....Unfortunately we have a lot to play for these last 10 games!
As I understand it if the KNICKS take the 2nd SEED in the Eastern Conference they will get home court advantage in the first and if they win that the second series as well. So that is allot to play for. Otherwise you sit your nicked up guys like Tyson and K Mart and you take what comes. For me I do not like the way we match up with the Bulls...and would rather play Milwaukee, Atlanta etc in the first round. Then there's the dream that Stat could be back for a second round. If he plays like he was playing WE NEED HIM...Trust me on that.
"So what do WOODY do...he plays everyone and is hoping to finish 2 behind Miami. Is that the concensus of y'all here?" We goin be fine.

goNYgo

Rookie
Only reason Miami didn't play the big 2 is because they don't want the Knicks to know they can walk into Miami in the playoffs and beat them if they won last night. They would have beaten them 3 times this season and that confidence would be a great advantage for the Knicks.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
As I understand it if the KNICKS take the 2nd SEED in the Eastern Conference they will get home court advantage in the first and if they win that the second series as well. So that is allot to play for. Otherwise you sit your nicked up guys like Tyson and K Mart and you take what comes. For me I do not like the way we match up with the Bulls...and would rather play Milwaukee, Atlanta etc in the first round. Then there's the dream that Stat could be back for a second round. If he plays like he was playing WE NEED HIM...Trust me on that.
"So what do WOODY do...he plays everyone and is hoping to finish 2 behind Miami. Is that the concensus of y'all here?" We goin be fine.

I want the Celtics.

I Want to face a hated rival ASAP. As group the sooner we're tested against a hated rival the better. Bucks/Hawks would just be to easy, won't learn anything from stomping those scrubs out. Owe the Celtics for their sweep back in 2011, would be oh so sweet for it to be us to officially close out the era of 'Mr.Big Mouth' aka KG and 'Chunks' aka Pierce.