New York vs Detroit 12/15 Game Thread (L 93-94)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
pistons_logo.gif
@
knicks_logo.gif

Possible Starters:

Detroit Pistons 10-10
4-8 on Road

chauncey_billups.jpg
richard_hamilton.jpg
ben_wallace.jpg
tayshaun_prince.jpg
rasheed_wallace.jpg

New York Knicks 11-10
7-2 at Madison Square Garden

stephon_marbury.jpg
jamal_crawford.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg

Time: 8:00 PM EST
TV: ESPN, MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap
New York 93 : Detroit 94

e_D

Benchwarmer
Knicks by 16 at the half. Another strong showing by Craw, and Houston with 11 in the second alone. I hope we keep it going.

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
nobody address the final seconds lol. just don't, it's caused other basketball/knicks boards to turn into hate-crawford machines...

Blumatic

Rotation player
Dont start hating on Crawford. Dont start hating period. The team is to blame. Marbury should have taken this game into his own hands. When the game is on the line, he should be the first person to have that ball. He makes plays. Not Crawford. All the game winning shots the Crawford is a result of someone's assst. Penny to Crawford in Houston, TX and Marbury to Crawford in ATL.

nyk35

Benchwarmer
Crawford is really starting to piss me off he is not a team player and he is not mature enough to make the type of decisions that may decide the fate of a game.I say trade him for carter

nyk35

Benchwarmer
I dont know what happened but marbury should have had the ball and they should have held it up. I think it is almost time for H20 to return to the staring lineup over crawford not T.T , even though crawford is giving 15+ points a night i think starting on the bench will help him mature more and stop him from taking ill advised shots

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
crawford took a bad rushed shot... his fault... but dont hate, he'll mature.

According to the daily news, wilkens spoke w/craford privately in a corner and told him not to live & die by way of the jumper

Trin_Starr

Starter
Crawford's game is like Marbury's when he was younger.....always trying to do the impossible so that people will love you.....trying to go one on one and do it all yourself....but marbury learned the hard way that teams don't want a guy who has madd game but at the end of the night, you end up with a 'L'. On the last play, crawford brought up the ball and held the ball on the leftmost corner, furthest away from Marbury....isolating himself so he had to go one on one with Hamilton....He needs to know his role......when Steph is on the court, Crawford is the SG and NOT the PG.....plain and simple....I hope Isiah talks to him very seriously about that, cause when our guys play hard all night, for someone to talk a really horrible shot like that to lose the game, i'm sure it generates feelings of dislike within the camp.....

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Dont Blame Crawford. It was the entire teams fault. They let up defensively in the 2nd Half, they were leading by 16 at the end of the first 56-40. And 5 minutes into the third they were still up but the score was 56-50. There were many faults that led up to this loss.

-Marbury's bad pass to Houston resulted in Lindsay Hunter dunk.
-Kurt Thomas missed free-throw that would have given the Knicks a 4-point lead.
-Crawfords ignorance not to take a screen from Kurt, trying to go one-on-one with Hamilton.
-Rushed inbounds pass to Marbury.

So before people try to blame a 'L' on one person, remember its a team effort, just like when we get a 'W'.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I think this win wasn't that bad considering it's Houston's 1st game showing some spark. I am not liking Ariza's playing time but other than that my excuse for that lose was there still working out the bugs with the line-up and playing time and meshing together with Houston......