Thread: 40th Anniversary of 1973 Knicks title to feature lost Game 5 Championship game!

Default 40th Anniversary of 1973 Knicks title to feature lost Game 5 Championship game!

VERY interesting article on the lost/found and restoration of game 5 of Knicks/Lakers
    1973 championship game, to be shown April 14th on MSG, along with story of the tapes:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

have u heard bout that non team in nba that time have higher scoring % than 30

bigapple, please correct your grammar & spelling, it's a pain trying to figure out what you mean everytime. sometimes i just give up and ignore it.

great story of the tapes, i had no idea they were lost and the game never seen again! a lot of the ways things worked back then seem unbelievable today!

The broadcast is a relic. ABC introduced the game with a groovy theme song (“You’ve got to take time out/Get into the action”). The announcers, Keith Jackson and Bill Russell, wore canary yellow blazers. ABC used perhaps four or five cameras but none under the baskets. Commercial breaks lasted 60 seconds. If you wanted to know the score or the time remaining, you had to wait for Jackson to tell you.

Bill Cosby, sporting a thick mustache, pitched White Owl cigars. Bart Starr gave hosannas to the Yellow Pages.
    If Jack Nicholson was seated courtside, ABC did not show him. The sideline star of the night was Walter Kennedy, the N.B.A. commissioner. Unlike Nicholson, he did not wear sunglasses.

There were no chest bumps during player introductions, no talcum powder tossed in the air.
    At halftime, incredibly, Geoff Petrie and Barry Clemens played in the finals of the N.B.A. one-on-one championship, a taped feature called by Marv Albert.

On a few occasions on the tape, snippets of children’s shows re-emerge, evidence that whoever taped the game had recorded what might be “Sesame Street” and a cartoon.
    Has MSG aired anything from this game yet?

i dont like to use , . + in personal life i like to talk about everything in same time but in very short time i dont like talk to much but alot in short time.

read it once, made no sense.

Originally Posted by rady
    bigapple, please correct your grammar & spelling, it's a pain trying to figure out what you mean everytime. sometimes i just give up and ignore it.

great story of the tapes, i had no idea they were lost and the game never seen again! a lot of the ways things worked back then seem unbelievable today!

Has MSG aired anything from this game yet?

nope, April 14th is the 40-year rebroadcast debut.

i didn't want to say anything about bigapple's post, but i was confused as all hell, like
    what does that have to do with the price of tea in China, but then I realized I'd be
    opening up a whole new ball of international confusion. i'm glad you said something
    Rady. sometimes being a grammar nazi is so politically incorrect. cheers.

btw, here's an update on the show from MSG.com:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]