Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo is as good as Durant

He's better than Durant

The really weird thing is that nobody was saying that melo is better than durant before this streak !!

This means that knicks fans don't really appreciate their stars and don't have the needed faith in them.

Actually, new yorkers are always harsh when it comes to their teams, they easily turn their back on them when they have a rough period of time.

It's a fact, most of you all didn't have faith in melo before, saying that he's a one dimensional star, some didnt even call him a super star!!

I understand why, i get it, but you guys should have more faith even when the team fukcs up.

I still remember the comments i read about melo when he left the huddle during a time-out no more than a month ago and you guys RAPED him with some nasty comments.

Yes he wasn't that wise, but come on, have some faith and dont just change your thoughts that easily.

Some of what melo did was childish, but he proved that he has the mentality of a superstar who can play offense and defense, we saw that at the beginning of the season, so please REMEMBER THAT!

Melo for the scoring title, JR for 6th man of the year.

1. Carmelo does everything besides shoot better than Durant
    2. Durant is protective of his stats so he wont take difficult shots so **** FG% at this point
    3. Durant averages more assists but Carmelo is a better passer, he likely leads the league in hockey assists

and last but not least Carmelo is the only guy in the league right now who can take down the Miami empire, if there's one player LeBron cant handle its Carmelo

Also no one has supported Melo like I have since I joined, I remember guys saying take his dick out my mouth, I'm ass ****ing him and all that other bull**** and now look, dude got us a Division Title, #2 seed and out best shot at a title since Prime Pat

So **** D'Antoni, Lin and everyone who doubted Melo when I was one of the few who said he was Elite and would give us an era to remember

Superstar

and **** Shawne Williams

Originally Posted by CA7
    Also no one has supported Melo like I have since I joined, I remember guys saying take his dick out my mouth, I'm ass ****ing him and all that other bull**** and now look, dude got us a Division Title, #2 seed and out best shot at a title since Prime Pat
    Just saying, I did get an infraction for defending him

But yes, you've always been Melo fan #1

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7

So **** D'Antoni, Lin and everyone who doubted Melo when I was one of the few who said he was Elite and would give us an era to remember

WOW! u actually believe our winning 2012-13 season is because of Melo!
    I guess the Jeremy Lin era didnt give u any type of awareness.
    The Linsanity era made us resign interim GM Grunwald to a 4 year contract.
    No Linsanity - No Grunwald - and No Old-Heads with a HOF leader Jason Kidd.

Here's a list of owner Dolan's personal decision-making ....
    Laydum/Mcdyess/Isiah/Larry Brown/Walshup/Dantoni/Melo

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo is making history guys and he's at a level he's never been before in his career. He's carrying a team that's been plagued by injuries and we have the Heat's number. This is our best chance at the finals in a long long time.

Kevin Durant is so damn overrated, his stats are inflated. I'm not saying he's lesser than Melo.
    I believe they're both equal.

93 ratings for me on NBA2k13, they would get 95-96 but their defense is average.

LeBron is like a 98, so you get the picture

Kiya hit it on the head.

OP made some good points but Durant is a 50/40/90 guy this season whilst being a v high scorer. If you look at career numbers Durant has a higher career points per game average. Rebounding is a wash for their careers,as is assists. I think Durant is a better teammate/locker room guy, although as others have pointed out Melo has matured in this area.

I think Durant is slightly the better overall basketball player.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Metro .... u was wrong for makin this Post LMAO

u are absolutely right .. Melo & Durant are two different types of players.
    Being a Knicks-Fans, and Carmel being a Knicks .. does not mean LIE for the sake of the Knicks.
    its not that personal.

Durant is a better teammate than Melo (70/30)

Both Melo & Durant were drafted by deep bottom teams .. their career growth, and the team growth, put the two players in different worlds.
    Durant actually built his team from ground-up with young teammates, and a fresh first season NBA headcoach.
    Durant skills n talents advance each season along with the advancement of his team postseason appearance.

Melo was given young experience postseason star players to advance the growth of his team, somehow Melo's team consistently got swept in the first round.
    D.Wade & Lebron James was put in the same circumstance as Durant & Melo coming into the NBA.
    Somehow under their rookie contract Lebron / D.Wade / and Durant visit the NBA FINALS...
    Last edited by ronoranina; Apr 10, 2013 at 10:37.

12th man

KD head to head can't match up with Melo. Melo has destroyed him every time they met on the court. Even when they're on the same team(Team USA) Carmelo was the better player. KD plays with an all star PG. Melo plays with a 6th man in JR Smith.

CA7, I'm calling you out because you held down Anthony for years here, but we got people still doubting Melo and you're no where to be found. People need to know the truth and understand Melo is good as anyone not named LeBron.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Kiya hit it on the head.

OP made some good points but Durant is a 50/40/90 guy this season whilst being a v high scorer. If you look at career numbers Durant has a higher career points per game average. Rebounding is a wash for their careers,as is assists. I think Durant is a better teammate/locker room guy, although as others have pointed out Melo has matured in this area.

I think Durant is slightly the better overall basketball player.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo is making history guys and he's at a level he's never been before in his career. He's carrying a team that's been plagued by injuries and we have the Heat's number. This is our best chance at the finals in a long long time.

Kevin Durant is so damn overrated, his stats are inflated. I'm not saying he's lesser than Melo.
    I believe they're both equal.

93 ratings for me on NBA2k13, they would get 95-96 but their defense is average.

LeBron is like a 98, so you get the picture
    Metro .... This POST is wrong wrong wrong .. im still LMAO
    this POST does not HYPE-UP Melo .. its the oposite

Keven Durant's all-around performance has surpass Melo's high-scoring performance in Durant's 3rd season in the NBA. Durant is in his 5th season in the NBA .. Melo's career 10 seasons has not match Durants 5 seasons, especially on a teammenship basis.
    95% of Durant's teammates stay healthy throughout a 82 season and the postseason games.
    65% of Melo's (10 year career) teammates stay healthy throughout a 82 season, and postseason.

Hint:
    Denver Nuggets headcoach Karl has won 54 games (36-3 at Home) without SuperStar Carmelo Anthony .... 4 games remaining
    Coach Karl is not suprise that all his bigmen are no longer injury-prone since the departure of Melo.

Wow just so much vitriol here for our best player!

@Kiya, you're wrong man, When has Melo ever played with a player of Westbrook's caliber? The only one he played with was Amar'e for short stints here, during the decline of his health/career. Who was the best player he played with in Denver? Old Billups? Nene? "mo****in practice" A.I.? The reality is J.R. Smith is probably the answer! And before Melo arrived, look at the nuggets! They were a yearly "also ran", a joke, a non playoff bound team closer to the current Bobcats then anything. Melo arrived and took them to the playoffs EVERY YEAR! He battled against Kobe plenty of times out west and saw an opportunity to test himself here in New York playing against LeBron and took it on himself to do so.

He's not even playing with that caliber(westbrook) of player here now and he's uplifting this team with his leadership skills and god-given talent. Durrant shrinks under the scrutiny, Melo adores it. Consider also that Melo, not Dolan or Grunwald, is the true mastermind behind the team we have right now. Think about it. He forced his trade here, managed to convince J.R. to join for pennys on the dollar, forced D'antoni out to get Woodson here, was a big reason why the old heads joined up and has been playing on another level. In that wizards game he took over and told his teammates he would, leading them to the division title at home. Check this story to see what I'm talking about: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The guy is leading this team into the playoffs as the best bet to dethrone LeBron and you guys think Durrant, whom melo just torched and took over the scoring title race from, is better?

Also @ knickssince93: I'm 27 years old and grew up watching/playing basketball from a young age. I've literally been a knicks fan all my life and I'm a life long student of the game. I coach womens/youth/u23 teams and play in a division 2 Men's league. I've been watching the knicks since the 80's... This is the best team talent wise we have ever put together.

I say ever but I can't really speak on the championship teams as I have only watched a few games of theirs, mostly playoffs games/title clinchers. But as far as I can see this is the best Knicks team of all time and the best chance we've had since probably 94 to win it all. I've been waiting 20 years for this team to show this kind of talent/mentality/spirit and a lot of it is thanks to Carmelo Anthony, MVP.

So yeah. I'm excited and you should be too. **** all the LeBron jock riders and Durrant jersey wearing poseurs. Melo is MVP. F)ck the haters!

Melo is the second best player right now, James is the obvious #1. But even he has problems with Melo head to head,
    Kobe not too long ago said that Melo is the most difficult player to guard, harder than Lebron. I think Kobe knows better than any of us on this board or any so called expert.
    If Melo continues to play at the level he is playing right now, i will move him to #1 spot above James.
    I know some ppl will call me crazy, but let me ask you a simple question. If the game is on the line, who would you want to take the final shot?

12th man

I'll take Melo or Kobe.

Durant was in finals overpassing James in all games but he lost to refs

i will says these words

Carmelo Durant CP3 D-Rose will get titles in upcoming years

1st will be MELO he is now fired up and motivated like ZO in 2006.