Carmelo is as good as Durant

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo proved that we was >/= to Durant this year

While KD has become numbers conscious, Melo is simply trying to win games and make a run in the playoffs

He doesn't give a **** about 50/40/90 or averaging 4 assists, he moves the ball well enough for our team to operate. More assists doesn't make you a better passer as well, when the **** did numbers all of a sudden make players better than other players.

Melo can create for his teammates way better than KD can, the way Melo passes out of the double team is superb and finds his big for lobs is masterful, Durant passes the ball to an open Martin or Sefolosha or a cutting Ibaka and Westbrook on the break and now he's a great passer GTFO

Analyze the game not the stat sheets, the stats are for fantasy GM's but a pure fan will tell you numbers dont mean much, for example LeBron is the best in the game because his level of play is insane not because of his numbers because if he averaged 3 less rebounds and 3 less assist he'd still be the best in the world, right?

I'm going to put it this way, regardless of any biases towards Melo or KD both are great players and at the end of the day its all about what you prefer and I think Melo is our best bet in New York while Durant is their best bet in OKC

Kiyaman

Legend
You're saying Durant is better without stating any facts.
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Metro .... Give it up!

The prooof is in watching Durant's all-around TEAM-performance in any game -vs- any of Melo's games.
Durant is competing at Lebron & D.Wade's level .. Melo's skills & talents has never reach that level ..
its called teamanship .... Melo is strictly a top high-scorer, nuthin else...

metrocard

Legend
Metro .... Give it up!

The prooof is in watching Durant's all-around TEAM-performance in any game -vs- any of Melo's games.
Durant is competing at Lebron & D.Wade's level .. Melo's skills & talents has never reach that level ..
its called teamanship .... Melo is strictly a top high-scorer, nuthin else...

Durant's team performance is 1-11 against Melo's team performance.
Melo is just a top high scorer? He had 20 rebounds last night and out rebounds Kevin Durant every time they meet. Durant collects rebounds like Dirk, Melo actually bangs the paint and absorbs contact. Most of the time Melo doesn't get calls, but it doesnt change how he plays. Melo can bully and dominate just by strength and footwork. Durant most of the time relies on being bailed out of a call.

Melo is highly skilled, always been on the elite level. In HS, in College, in FIBA, and especially in the NBA.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Why are you hating on my open-mindedness?
You're always the hater of the forum.
The Melo is the Next Glenn Rob actually was a blessing and was made when Melo was struggling averaging Kevin Durant rookie numbers in his start with the Knicks.
But im not going to waste my energy on a hater, you give nothing.

What? I made an astute observation lol.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Some jiveass talk in these parts....

Allow me end this thread, and all foolcats who seriously believe this Melo > Durant.

:teeth: some posters here trying to convince (themselves?) that Melo is a better rebounder, passer, or scorer...or better anything. Pass some of that shizz being smoked before people poster :smokin:

Looks like i gotta do the research to help bring the reality to those who afraid of it or wanna gump from it.

24 Years old vs 28 Years old

.506 FG% vs .450 FG%

.410 3pt % vs .384 3pt%

.900 FT% vs .830 FT%

8 RPG vs 6.6 RPG

4.5 APG vs 2.6 APG

1.3 BLK vs .5 BLK

1.4 STL vs .8 STL

28.3 PPG vs 28.6 PPG .

Better:

Passer
Rebounder
Defender
Scorer
Efficiency
Free throw shooter
3pt Shooter

Who led team to Finals already?

Game.

Oh, and KD co-exist with other stars and help build a true CONTENDER. How Melo play alongside your other MAX past cpl year?

Looks like this moron jumped on this board to **** on Melo.
Go **** on yourself somewere else. MELO IS BETTER THAN DURANT THIS YEAR

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Thunder thighs go away and stop looking up stats. Melo is a better scorer, passer and rebounder then durant. I'm talking as in skill not stats.... Go away

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Very emotional people on this thread. Ronorinas and Kiyasman aside.

I can tell you are a follower, not a leader. Let your papa Metrocard take the reigns on this.

Knowledge is power, and I landed a 1-2-3 crippling comb here.

And I am a Melo hater, and I'm proud of it. My haterade is based off of fact, logic, reality. Melo has a punk personality, has punked several teams, coaches, and teammates...including the Knicks, which I take offense too.

Melo is a Dolan butt buddy. Not much more needs to be said

Thunder thighs go away and stop looking up stats. Melo is a better scorer, passer and rebounder then durant. I'm talking as in skill not stats.... Go away

Look at this foolass. Does this forum turn blind eyes to mental midgets like this?

Telling me to stop looking up stats? Like public education, me educating you on the NBA is also free -- don't hate on education son, so don't hate on me.

You just called Melo a better passer, rebounder, and scorer than Durant. If ignorance was a crime, you'd be serving double life on Rikers.

GG.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Stop. Running. This ain't WWE my man. Fake story lines don't work.

Your arguments, quoting head to head stats from selected samples, is as weak as the LEBRON haters who crafted stats outta their azzes to try to prove some agenda. Greatness is greatness; better is better; cream rises to the top.

Durant is a superior basketball talent and teammate to Melo. How have Nuggets franchise and fans felt since Melo left? How you think OKC do if Durant leaves in ANY similar type trade for prospects and picks?

You right -- this thread was about them being equals (though how come so many than are saying here Melo is better? wassup with that?).

But they aren't equals, not by ANY metric or gauge of success....except you pulling a small sample size of head to head matchups.

If we wanna pull out small sample size stats, how about this one:

Melo's teams getting prematurely bounced in the playoffs, including getting broomsticked while with the Knicks.

When Melo can take a team through the playoffs, to the point he can sniff the sweat off Lebron's jersey...then we can talk about Melo having some special sauce that Durant doesn't.

You producing too big of a bark, for a player who hasn't demonstrated that type of bite.

Honestly. I am surprised to see this from you. I've read many of your posts and this Melomania is like your struggling to prove a point bc of your Knick pride being so strong. W

Kiyamans poster has no misconceptions. Truth.

First of all, Melo has a NCAA Champioship to credit as a frosh. What happened to KD in his one year at UT???? Couldn't even win the Big 12. Second, Melo had no help in cowtown Denver which why he got the hell outta there. I do seem to remember Melo carrying Denver to a Western Conference Finals.... And George Karl??? Good, but not great when matched up against Phil/Kobe/Co.... The West has been stacked for years while the East???? It took Lebitch jumping ship and bringing punkazz Bosh with him to win a title. 4th, KD had a TON of help with Westbrook and Harden, both stars in thier own right. 5th, Melo has better post/ rebounder game because a stiff breeze will BLOW KD's light ass away... And finally this is KO.COM don't come on here trying to troll our board sissy

First of all, Melo has a NCAA Champioship to credit as a frosh. What happened to KD in his one year at UT???? Couldn't even win the Big 12. Second, Melo had no help in cowtown Denver which why he got the hell outta there. I do seem to remember Melo carrying Denver to a Western Conference Finals.... And George Karl??? Good, but not great when matched up against Phil/Kobe/Co.... The West has been stacked for years while the East???? It took Lebitch jumping ship and bringing punkazz Bosh with him to win a title. 4th, KD had a TON of help with Westbrook and Harden, both stars in thier own right. 5th, Melo has better post/ rebounder game because a stiff breeze will BLOW KD's light ass away... And finally this is KO.COM don't come on here trying to troll our board sissy

Now you're bring up ancient NCAA accolades? Are you Meloyellow people for real?

You're peeping Harden back into this. But Harden is gone, and OKC has never been better -- neither has Durant. You are helping to prove my point. When Harden left, Durant adapted and rose to new heights.

Durant coexists alongside a ball-dominant PG; yet he scores as much as Melo, but with greater ease, less shots, more efficiency. He has better range and accuracy than Melo on his shot, too. All by wide margins.

He rebounds at a superior rate than Melo; plays more consistent D, and contributes more in both blocks and steals.

And he is a much better free throw shooter.

Also, you are all toasting Melo while he is CRESTING on a heat streak. Durant? This level of all-around excellence is what is the expected norm.

In the process of trying to pump up your boy, and comparing him to true NBA greats, you are actually hurting his cred by making such a comparison. If Lebron didn't exist, Durant would be the NBA's clear #1 player and talent.

Is it not good enough that Melo is playing like a #5'ish player in the NBA right now, for your egos?

I bet the people pumping up Melo now, compared his jiveass to LEBRON too in recent times. :smokin: Same ****, different day, slightly different story.

Tell me I'm wrong?

Durant is having an all-time great SEASON. Melo is on a heat streak where he maybe is playing as well as Durant's norm this year. And my sissy ass is mowing ya'll down with crisp jabs and timely 2's. Your haymakers aint got sheit on me.

metrocard

Legend
ThunderThighs win points from me because of his boxing references. You gotta respect the swag.

With that said, I think Durant's shooting is great, but so is Melo's. I don't think its fair to say Durant is another league in terms of shooting. Melo may have more aggressive shot selection and Durant is more passive, which plays a enormous factor in their FG%, let's be honest about that. They're equal shooters if you want to be unbias about this.

Rebounding, Melo is the superior offensive rebounder and head to head, Melo has out rebounded Durant. Durant's rebound are similar to how Dirk rebounds, they fall to his hands; Durant doesn't box out and clear space for a board. Melo doesn't do that either, but he attacks the rim and is more active under the paint.

Melo is having an all time great season also. He broke an NBA record this year. Melo had 30 straight 20 point games. + others.

metrocard

Legend
And I am a Melo hater, and I'm proud of it. My haterade is based off of fact, logic, reality. Melo has a punk personality, has punked several teams, coaches, and teammates...including the Knicks, which I take offense too.

Melo only punked Denver.

Melo is one of the greatest players to ever wear a team USA jersey, he broke numerous records and he's responsible for USA's gold medal. Melo led the greatest Syracuse team of all time his fresh man and is forever a legend in the 'Cuse. Melo dominated the HS basketball scene, one of the greatest HS basketball players of all time.

if Melo takes the Knicks to the Finals...his legend in NYK will be timeless. This is already one of the greatest Knicks season since the 90s. Melo is bringing elite level basketball to the Garden...how is he punking the Knicks?

CA7

Scoring Champ
**** you thunder thighs, come all the way to KO to **** on a guy and then praise two trolls on the board FOH, Melo took Durant's lunch money and KD sat back and protected his FG% instead of fighting back, lil skinny bitch ass wannabe

**** KD, **** OKC and **** you

Melo only punked Denver.

Melo is one of the greatest players to ever wear a team USA jersey, he broke numerous records and he's responsible for USA's gold medal. Melo led the greatest Syracuse team of all time his fresh man and is forever a legend in the 'Cuse. Melo dominated the HS basketball scene, one of the greatest HS basketball players of all time.

if Melo takes the Knicks to the Finals...his legend in NYK will be timeless. This is already one of the greatest Knicks season since the 90s. Melo is bringing elite level basketball to the Garden...how is he punking the Knicks?

Allow me to rephrase: Melo is currently doing the NYK very right. He has a storied history of being a basketball pimp and laying the almighty hand down on fools.

I am speaking to the events of his trade to NY, relationship with Dolan, co-existence with STAT, and the events surrounding the departure of LIN, which has left the great city of NY with FELTON'S swagless ass among other things.

I got no trust or respect for Dolan, and to me his stank is still on Melo till Melo helps deliver Knicks thunder past the 1st round.

**** you thunder thighs, come all the way to KO to **** on a guy and then praise two trolls on the board FOH, Melo took Durant's lunch money and KD sat back and protected his FG% instead of fighting back, lil skinny bitch ass wannabe

**** KD, **** OKC and **** you

I'll lay down my hate, if you can lay off Melo's shaft. (now get up off the mat)

KD protects his FG%? Yet he scores virtually identical to Melo in PPG, and allows a ball-dominant PG to thrive right next to him?

Take pride that Melo has outgamed in limited action when they face each other, but don't kid yourself. Let's see Melo's torch flame KD in a meaningful situation (like a playoff series).

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Look at this foolass. Does this forum turn blind eyes to mental midgets like this?

Telling me to stop looking up stats? Like public education, me educating you on the NBA is also free -- don't hate on education son, so don't hate on me.

You just called Melo a better passer, rebounder, and scorer than Durant. If ignorance was a crime, you'd be serving double life on Rikers.

GG.

Dude just cuz he passes less doesn't mean he's not a better passer. Do u see how crisp his passes are? How he always finds cutters? Are serious. You're blinded by their assist numbers. Kd really isn't a good passer at all... In any rate welcome to the site, your trolling has gotten you a notoriety already. Even if its silly nonsense. I'd rate kd over melo but don't short change melo and he's much better defender.

ThunderThighs win points from me because of his boxing references. You gotta respect the swag.

With that said, I think Durant's shooting is great, but so is Melo's. I don't think its fair to say Durant is another league in terms of shooting. Melo may have more aggressive shot selection and Durant is more passive, which plays a enormous factor in their FG%, let's be honest about that. They're equal shooters if you want to be unbias about this.

Rebounding, Melo is the superior offensive rebounder and head to head, Melo has out rebounded Durant. Durant's rebound are similar to how Dirk rebounds, they fall to his hands; Durant doesn't box out and clear space for a board. Melo doesn't do that either, but he attacks the rim and is more active under the paint.

Melo is having an all time great season also. He broke an NBA record this year. Melo had 30 straight 20 point games. + others.

Now we talking.

Props for having the chops to BACK UP the rebounding argument. Let me rephrase myself in I do not think Durant is in a separate realm from Melo. I believe he is better because of his more multi-faceted skill set (range, free throw shooting, flexibility as an offensive force with respect to iso).

And equal scorers more or less, yes. I agree. You can call either the greatest scorer in the world. KD's range and free throw accuracy give him the deadlier shooting to me, but you could counter that Melo's creative willpower in finding a way to get a shot off around the rim cancels this.

My only issue is ISO-MELO. It lurks and you don't know if it will strike again,

Winners are made in the playoffs, though. I'm not homo for KD. If Melo beasts n leads in the playoffs, and Durant can't (without Harden's late game prowess) I got no prob bumping up Melo right there in the top3 debate.

Dude just cuz he passes less doesn't mean he's not a better passer. Do u see how crisp his passes are? How he always finds cutters? Are serious. You're blinded by their assist numbers. Kd really isn't a good passer at all... In any rate welcome to the site, your trolling has gotten you a notoriety already. Even if its silly nonsense. I'd rate kd over melo but don't short change melo and he's much better defender.

Melo is such a good passer, then why doesn't he pass more? Why isn't he able to find people for these crisp passes (like a gift passer/floor general can)?

You don't have a 28yr old Stockton in your backcourt.

KD's passes are solid, however he is ABLE to find his teammates and setup his teammates for the passes.

Many NBA'ers can make sick, CRISP passes. If you aren't able to integrate this into your TEAM's flow, it doesn't matter so much.

KD isn't a Rondo who pumps up his defensive stats, even if it hurts team D. And Melo prolly is a more talented player defensively, but his defensive plays his teams n fans for punks too often.

Like i said to Mr Metro, let's see what happens in the playoffs.....

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'll lay down my hate, if you can lay off Melo's shaft. (now get up off the mat)

KD protects his FG%? Yet he scores virtually identical to Melo in PPG, and allows a ball-dominant PG to thrive right next to him?

Take pride that Melo has outgamed in limited action when they face each other, but don't kid yourself. Let's see Melo's torch flame KD in a meaningful situation (like a playoff series).

you sound dumb as ****

1st off you made an account on an opposing teams forum to talk **** about our best player, so that shows you KD fans are insecure lil ****s

2nd KD is more concerned with having good numbers than playing with a mean streak, Melo will shoot 6/26 but he's playing to win while KD will protect his 10/16 night and let Westbrook cost his team the game, so FOH with letting Westbrook thrive

3rd 11-1, Melo owns KD's soul now what the **** can you say about that

metrocard

Legend
Yea man, 11-1 is pretty terrible. Theres nothing to really talk about until Durant can propel his team to win more games against Melo's squad. 11-1 is a WASH.

I respect KD and thats why I won't say Melo is better than KD because it would be unbias of me as a Knick fan.

I see them as equal players. KD has slightly better stats not by much, but Melo owns him head to head.