Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo is as good as Durant

Jordan is a 99. Lebron aint quite there to me. Paul and Lebron are such good two-way players though. Melo and Durant don't play the same level of D as those two. Durant plays more consistently, for longer stretches on the defensive end. Melo is a spurt defender. He'll defend hard for like a quarter or two, but is still only pretty good in those instances.. not great.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I'm putting LeBron this season at a 99 because it's the best season of his career. He's normally a 97-98

Durant coming up w a beast performance w out Westbrook. That dude is incredible offensively.

12th man

reflex post. lame.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    reflex post. lame.
    Well they say opinions are like *******s..

Dude stepped up and ripped Houston to shreds in epic fashion tho. Can't be denied.

Banned

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Durant coming up w a beast performance w out Westbrook. That dude is incredible offensively.
    Except one of the biggest arguments of Melo's greatness is how "clutch" he is, always rising to the occasion, always finishing, the MENTALITY of a winner.

Let me take Mr. Rono post one step further. And this ain't no reflex post, so book this **** into Wikpedia bc it'll be true tomorrow, next year, and next decade.

You can't duck and weave the truth for long. To be honest, I feel Melo is like Ricky Hatton. And Melo/NYK fans are like good n honest Hatton fans who just craved a winner and champ, but got seduced by the power scoring, i mean punching.....

I won't even say who KD is. But lemme say this.

KD WOULD NEVER **** THE BED LIKE MELO JUST DID. NEVER.

You will never see Durant, CP3, Lebron...**** a bed quite like Melo did.

It ain't just that Melo shot enough bricks to rebuild MSG -- shooters can have off nights, right?

But that's right, that's kind of what Melo is at end of day, a shooter, a scorer. Glenn Robs 2.0 with some sweeter talent.

And yet it isn't even that Melo bricked up a mansion. It's how he did it.

Out of control. Selfish. Inability to MENTALLY rise to the occasion, and have Superstar Perspective and adjust...in a playoff game.

WoodSon **** the bed about as well as a coach could, too. But we all know Woodson + Melo are iso diehards to the grave.

When Knicks spread offense and shot 3s at record pace and level (sup, D'antoni) the Knicks soared, put on season's biggest winning streaks.

3s don't fall and/or Melo does Melo, and you we know the results (last night being but one little example).

I do feel for true NYK fans (and I sure a lot of Melo's biggest believers are) who have been seduced yet again, in the wake of Isiah Thomas carnage.

Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    Except one of the biggest arguments of Melo's greatness is how "clutch" he is, always rising to the occasion, always finishing, the MENTALITY of a winner.

Let me take Mr. Rono post one step further. And this ain't no reflex post, so book this **** into Wikpedia bc it'll be true tomorrow, next year, and next decade.

You can't duck and weave the truth for long. To be honest, I feel Melo is like Ricky Hatton. And Melo/NYK fans are like good n honest Hatton fans who just craved a winner and champ, but got seduced by the power scoring, i mean punching.....

It ain't just that Melo shot enough bricks to rebuild MSG -- shooters can have off nights, right?

But that's right, that's kind of what Melo is at end of day, a shooter, a scorer. Glenn Robs 2.0 with some sweeter talent.

Out of control. Selfish. Inability to MENTALLY rise to the occasion, and have Superstar Perspective and adjust...in a playoff game.

WoodSon **** the bed about as well as a coach could, too. But we all know Woodson + Melo are iso diehards to the grave.

When Knicks spread offense and shot 3s at record pace and level (sup, D'antoni) the Knicks soared, put on season's biggest winning streaks.

3s don't fall and/or Melo does Melo, and you we know the results (last night being but one little example).

I do feel for true NYK fans (and I sure a lot of Melo's biggest believers are) who have been seduced yet again, in the wake of Isiah Thomas carnage.

Damn. Melo's track record in the playoffs is not great, but I need to see a bit more from him in a Knick uni before I go as hard as the above. I hear you tho.

Probably the biggest thing that separates Melo and Durant offensively is Durants ability to get to the rim and finish, and to do damage in transition. Melo simply is not in Durant's class in these departments. Against high level defense where Melo is the only option, he has to work harder for his shots. Durant can transcend high level defense with his skills handling the ball and his overall speed and height. He also has the high IQ to get the ball to the right place when he doesn't have a good look. Melo took a bevy of bad shots when he would have been better off trusting his teammates and moving the basketball.

I'm not gonna call him Glenn Rob 2.0. He's alot more gifted than Big Dog. It's also a little bit of an adjustment not having your second scoring option, but Durant seemed to have adjusted fine to not having Westbrook. I cannot say the same for Melo.

12th man

Thunder Thighs, you dont know sh*t about boxing by comparing Melo to Hatton.

Melo is more like Arturo Gatti and Durant is like Zab Judah.

Melo has heart, takes beatings but still fights through it all.

Durant doesn't have heart like Kobe or Melo, he flops and avoids contact, and his shot selection is too cautious where it has made Russell Westbrook the alpha male of OKC. Kevin Durant's passiveness failed OKC in the Finals, stop sucking off his FG% it's highly inflated.

12th man

Damn. Melo's track record in the playoffs is not great, but I need to see a bit more from him in a Knick uni before I go as hard as the above. I hear you tho.

Probably the biggest thing that separates Melo and Durant offensively is Durants ability to get to the rim and finish, and to do damage in transition. Melo simply is not in Durant's class in these departments. Against high level defense where Melo is the only option, he has to work harder for his shots. Durant can transcend high level defense with his skills handling the ball and his overall speed and height. He also has the high IQ to get the ball to the right place when he doesn't have a good look. Melo took a bevy of bad shots when he would have been better off trusting his teammates and moving the basketball.

I'm not gonna call him Glenn Rob 2.0. He's alot more gifted than Big Dog. It's also a little bit of an adjustment not having your second scoring option, but Durant seemed to have adjusted fine to not having Westbrook. I cannot say the same for Melo.
    Melo doesn't play with Russell, jackass.
    He has Raymond Felton, C level PG.

12th man

Rono and Thunder, type of guys with no character and it shows by their post timing.

They have no belief or integrity in their words only when Melo lays an egg and Durant has a great game.

These guys never show up in this forum any other team Melo is leading the Knicks.

These men lack shame and basketball honesty.

Melo has a great game this Weds, this guys will be no where to be found again.

Dickless men.

Superstar

Originally Posted by ThunderThighs

Kobe had nights like that too. And i think melo is more kobe and then he is glenn rob... Since we're making analogies, then your beloved Durant is nothing but t mac 2.0 with a little more talent. He won't see a finals again. He's not even top dog on his team...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rono and Thunder, type of guys with no character and it shows by their post timing.

They have no belief or integrity in their words only when Melo lays an egg and Durant has a great game.

These guys never show up in this forum any other team Melo is leading the Knicks.

These men lack shame and basketball honesty.

Melo has a great game this Weds, this guys will be no where to be found again.

Dickless men.
    You're an idiot. I post and have posted positive stuff re Melo. I'm just objective and comparing the players performances honestly. When you were ****ting all over him after the trade with Denver no one defended him more than me on the forum against your ridiculous comments. This was before the CA7's and the Melo for Mayor's were even posting here.

If Melo has a good game on Wed I'll be the first one to say nice things, if I have time.

Melo doesn't play with Russell, jackass.
    He has Raymond Felton, C level PG.

Yes but he has JR Smith, our second leading scorer... Hello.

Russell as the second leading scorer on the his team is more comparable to Swish than Felton. Again, you're an idiot.

12th man

You're an idiot. I post and have posted positive stuff re Melo. I'm just objective and comparing the players performances honestly. When you were ****ting all over him after the trade with Denver no one defended him more than me on the forum against your ridiculous comments. This was before the CA7's and the Melo for Mayor's were even posting here.

If Melo has a good game on Wed I'll be the first one to say nice things, if I have time.

You got shut down in those debates and made Melo look bad by weakly defending him.

12th man

Yes but he has JR Smith, our second leading scorer... Hello.

Russell as the second leading scorer on the his team is more comparable to Swish than Felton. Again, you're an idiot.
    JR Smith

Russell Westbrook
    24 ppg
    7.6 asp
    5.4 rpg
    1.8 stl
    44% FG

JR Smith
    18.1 ppg
    2.7 asp
    5.3 rpg
    1.3 spg
    42% FG

Man, I should slap the F U C K out of your ugly face for even comparing these two players where one is an all star and possible all NBA team player (1st or 2nd) and the other is a 6th man and trying to make a weak argument out of it. You failed another debate. You're the worst by far.