Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 119

Thread: Carmelo is as good as Durant

  1. #91
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Westbrook averages 7.6 assist when he decides not to chuck it up like an ass...you're telling me that won't make Melo's game easier ? Having a lighting fast PG who can get to the baja at will and open the defense up and pass it off to him?

    Woodson has to nearly beg Smith to drive to the basket, Melo's game is atleast over 70% unassisted, where as Durant plays with an elite PG, defenders(Ibaka,Sefalosha), and screeners (Collison/Perkins).

    You fakeassknicksfan****sucker, do you realize how you sold your orange and blue for a yellow punk dude like KD?

    Put KD on the Knicks and youll see him struggle to look for those easy shots he get in OKC.

    Bryant went through similar struggles when he had a weak roster in LA.

    man, your head is empty.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard

    Put KD on the Knicks and youll see him struggle to look for those easy shots he get in OKC.

    Bryant went through similar struggles when he had a weak roster in LA.

    man, your head is empty.
    Stoudemire seemed to get pretty easy shots with both Felton and Lin.

    Wanna know why Melo doesn't always get easy shots? Because he CHUCKS like a chucker, zones out into iso-mania, and has the unique ability to destroy ball movement.

    He ****s the bed, when he ****s his pants.

    Without Melo, and with ball movement, Amare (and others) beast, and the team gets these "easy" shots you speak of.

    And you mention Black Mamba? Hah!

    Kobe can fill a stat sheet and lead a team with defense/passing/scoring/rebounding like Melo dreams of.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rono and Thunder, type of guys with no character and it shows by their post timing.

    They have no belief or integrity in their words only when Melo lays an egg and Durant has a great game.

    These guys never show up in this forum any other team Melo is leading the Knicks.

    These men lack shame and basketball honesty.

    Melo has a great game this Weds, this guys will be no where to be found again.

    Dickless men.
    You foolass. Stop letting Melo slap a pocket pu*$y on you.

    Lacking basketball integrity and shame? I slapped you like Ric Flair before the playoffs even began, calling out Melo and catty fanboys saying he is on level of KD.

    I'll be anytime, because the truth doesn't rest. Just your selective memory.

    You forgot the beatdown I put on Meloboys before the playoffs? Or did someone's straight 2 knock that **** out of your head by now?

    First thing you've said right all day -- I am a man.

  4. #94
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    Stoudemire seemed to get pretty easy shots with both Felton and Lin.

    Wanna know why Melo doesn't always get easy shots? Because he CHUCKS like a chucker, zones out into iso-mania, and has the unique ability to destroy ball movement.

    He ****s the bed, when he ****s his pants.

    Without Melo, and with ball movement, Amare (and others) beast, and the team gets these "easy" shots you speak of.

    And you mention Black Mamba? Hah!

    Kobe can fill a stat sheet and lead a team with defense/passing/scoring/rebounding like Melo dreams of.
    Amar'e doesn't get easy shots with Lin and Felton. They're not Nash, Rubio or Chris Paul. They're average PG's.

    The only dude who s h i t the bed is you. Melo is just a chucker? He's the most unstoppable offensive force in the NBA, he led the NBA in scoring numbnuts. He ain't Jamal Crawford, and Melo would of averaged 30-32 ppg if refs actually call the hacking on Melo to be fouls at the same rate they do with Kevin Durant who gets sucked off by the refs.





    FTAs - Durant 750, Kobe 626, LeBron 535, Melo 512
    Seems legit

    in 2000, the NBA removed hand-checking from the game
    in 2001, the NBA removed defender's ability to rest a forearm on the offensive player
    in 2013, you are no longer allowed to defend certain superstars if your defense results in a tough look

    Durant gets too many gifts.

    and Melo fills the stat sheet up, he's a superior rebounder, offensive rebounder than all these guys you mentioned.

    I don't even know why you're in this thread. You got embarrassed previous with Kevin Durant H2H stats vs Melo.
    Last edited by metrocard; Apr 29, 2013 at 23:12.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I'm not gonna call him Glenn Rob 2.0. He's alot more gifted than Big Dog. It's also a little bit of an adjustment not having your second scoring option, but Durant seemed to have adjusted fine to not having Westbrook. I cannot say the same for Melo.
    Don't let your instincts be blunted by the masses.

    Melo -- and the team -- didn't do too well when big blue had their 2nd option (Amare), no?

    This jelloass Melo has more red flags marking up his career than a Communist capital.

    I guarantee same foolcats comparing Melo to KD, were queefing out how Melo was "as good" as Lebron a year or two ago.

    Someone, dare me to look this **** up on here. I dare you. No, I tripple dog dare you to say wha again.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard


    Amar'e doesn't get easy shots with Lin and Felton. They're not Nash, Rubio or Chris Paul. They're average PG's.

    The only dude who s h i t the bed is you. Melo is just a chucker? He's the most unstoppable offensive force in the NBA, he led the NBA in scoring numbnuts. He ain't Jamal Crawford, and Melo would of averaged 30-32 ppg if refs actually call the hacking on Melo to be fouls at the same rate they do with Kevin Durant who gets sucked off by the refs.



    FTAs - Durant 750, Kobe 626, LeBron 535, Melo 512
    Seems legit
    You just called Melo the most unstoppable force in the NBA.

    I'll give you one chance to take that back.

    He led the league in scoring, terrific. I never said Melo wasn't an elite scorer, or an elite talent.

    But outside of injured dudes, he is top 5 worst max contracts in NBA, in my honest opinion. If winning a chip is your thing.

    Why you guys keep dodging the destruction of the team and Stoudemire's play since Melo came, and whenever they've played together?

    I guess you do believe is the most unstoppable force in the NBA, and that you don't need to build a real team that includes a 2nd superstar player coexisting.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Mr. Metro, if Amare didn't get easy shots, then why did he score so well and with such a high fg%?

    And he did this without Melo...so one of the most unstoppable interior scoring forces...adds what you say is the BEST and most CREATIVE scorer in the NBA....and his success then rises and falls depending on whether he has to play alongside him? LOL! Injuries aside, you know this is true unless you blocking it out.

    Anyway, to my original point: Melo didn't just have a bad game. He had the type of bad game emblematic of why he is NOT on the level of KD (or Lebron, or Wade, or CP3, etc).

    I would rather have less talented folks, if I wanted to build a true champion team, than I would with Melo.

    edit -- get it. i'm not fronting off one game. this game just corrobortes the overall points i made of Melo, well before this game occurred. the game itself isn't the issue. every man has bad days in the cage.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Thunder Thighs, you dont know sh*t about boxing by comparing Melo to Hatton.

    Melo is more like Arturo Gatti and Durant is like Zab Judah.

    Melo has heart, takes beatings but still fights through it all.

    Durant doesn't have heart like Kobe or Melo, he flops and avoids contact, and his shot selection is too cautious where it has made Russell Westbrook the alpha male of OKC. Kevin Durant's passiveness failed OKC in the Finals, stop sucking off his FG% it's highly inflated.
    Zab Judah? They feed you haterade to sip when you spar where you at?

    And I compared Melo to Hatton more because of their respective FAN bases. Don't avoid the contact, you can't, my punches are crisp.

    Melo = Hatton because each fan base, starved for someone to deliver them a true savior and to taste success. Both fans seduced by the man, and the man's myth (in Melo's case, that he is this alpha winner).

    Zab Judah...smfh. Try prime James Toney.

    And KD led OKC to, and through, that Finals. While he and his team repped one of the youngest and most inexperienced squads in the NBA.

    You say he is passive, and yet his #2 goes down, and he rises to the occasion and puts on a domination clinic. Where your head at?

  9. #99
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs

    But outside of injured dudes, he is top 5 worst max contracts in NBA, in my honest opinion. If winning a chip is your thing.
    You have no proof, information or strength to that opinion. It's a weak bias opinion that I can clean my ass with.

  10. #100
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    Mr. Metro, if Amare didn't get easy shots, then why did he score so well and with such a high fg%?
    Small sample size. Amare is a useless player without a PG.

  11. #101
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Zab Judah is actually a very good boxer despite his loses. Kevin Durant never been #1 in the NBA so he doesn't earn the James Toney title because James Toney in his championship run was the best in his division. Durant is great, top 3-5 player, but not P4P #1 yet. Carmelo Anthony exists.

    Your punches are slaps I don't even need to put a guard up for. lol
    The Hatton comparison makes a lot more sense now so I can't really go against your word.

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    Zab Judah? They feed you haterade to sip when you spar where you at?

    And I compared Melo to Hatton more because of their respective FAN bases. Don't avoid the contact, you can't, my punches are crisp.

    Melo = Hatton because each fan base, starved for someone to deliver them a true savior and to taste success. Both fans seduced by the man, and the man's myth (in Melo's case, that he is this alpha winner).

    Zab Judah...smfh. Try prime James Toney.

    And KD led OKC to, and through, that Finals. While he and his team repped one of the youngest and most inexperienced squads in the NBA.

    You say he is passive, and yet his #2 goes down, and he rises to the occasion and puts on a domination clinic. Where your head at?

  12. #102
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Durant vs Garcia...last 10 seconds of the HOU vs OKC game.

    Garcia plays lock down defense on Durant and Durant passes the ball up with the game winning shot on the line to Reggie Jackson, their lowest FG% shooter on the court.

    Durant has notoriously passed up big time shots and this will go down as an example of his timidness.

    Keep in mind Francisco Garcia is 6"7 195 lbs where as Durant is a massive 6"11 230 lbs.

    Durant passing it up last minute shows his fear to take tough shots and his inability to be the guy you want to shoot the ball with the game on the line because he's not assert enough into the offense.

    He doesn't have what Melo and Kobe have.

  13. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Small sample size. Amare is a useless player without a PG.
    You said Felton is a classless, non-starting fool to Rono. (and I agree, Felton is a cupcake, and Westbrook is a beast; but don't act like Westbrook is some pure PG he automatically makes life easier on teammates)

    Yet Amare beasted to MVP-levels when he had Felton as his PG.

    Which is it?

  14. #104
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


  15. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Durant vs Garcia...last 10 seconds of the HOU vs OKC game.

    Garcia plays lock down defense on Durant and Durant passes the ball up with the game winning shot on the line to Reggie Jackson, their lowest FG% shooter on the court.

    Durant has notoriously passed up big time shots and this will go down as an example of his timidness.

    Keep in mind Francisco Garcia is 6"7 195 lbs where as Durant is a massive 6"11 230 lbs.

    Durant passing it up last minute shows his fear to take tough shots and his inability to be the guy you want to shoot the ball with the game on the line because he's not assert enough into the offense.

    He doesn't have what Melo and Kobe have.
    I smelled this reflex post. lol...smh.

    1) Exactly. HOU had lockdown D on Durant, AND Durant was going for a 3. This was his coaches decision. The play was designed for Durant to go for a 3, he didn't have it, got lockdown D put on him, and he properly passed out, and the team was set for a high% game tying shot.

    2) He didn't play a chuck'a'3....he did pass, and what did it end with? Ibaka missing an open layup.

    3) The only reason OKC was in this game was bc Durant had a filthy game to begin with.....scoring, efficiency, passing, rebounds.

    If you compare Game 4 OKC/KD, to Game 4 NYK/Melo....the difference is apparent. A great player knows he needs to make others around him better. Durant knows this. You think Melo truly does?

    Neither perfect, though. Durant does need to assume more dominance as a finisher, but that's because he is so skilled a scorer it is a crime he isn't. He's played 2 great games now without a PG/#2 player...and this OKC team is filled with dudes who can't create their own shot.

Similar Threads

  1. Who's the better player? Melo vs Durant
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2012, 22:50
  2. Durant to the Knicks!
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2011, 13:49
  3. Kevin Durant just sneaked into the Face of the NBA
    By DontForgetDerekHarper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2010, 06:59
  4. Oden or Durant?
    By ShairanXIII in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jun 06, 2007, 22:37
  5. Oden or Durant?
    By FameMos in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2007, 21:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •