Carmelo is as good as Durant

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
KD is a great player, no doubt about that. But Melo is playing out of his mind right now, even well known Melo haters so called tv analists admit it.
Melo had some injuries in the middle of this season and he didnt look very good, that is the only reason he will not be named MVP

Kiyaman

Legend
First of all, Melo has a NCAA Champioship to credit as a frosh. What happened to KD in his one year at UT???? Couldn't even win the Big 12. Second, Melo had no help in cowtown Denver which why he got the hell outta there. I do seem to remember Melo carrying Denver to a Western Conference Finals.... And George Karl??? Good, but not great when matched up against Phil/Kobe/Co.... The West has been stacked for years while the East???? It took Lebitch jumping ship and bringing punkazz Bosh with him to win a title. 4th, KD had a TON of help with Westbrook and Harden, both stars in thier own right. 5th, Melo has better post/ rebounder game because a stiff breeze will BLOW KD's light ass away... And finally this is KO.COM don't come on here trying to troll our board sissy

Are u serious .... Melo won the MVP of NCAA championship, and a highschool player got the first pick, and a European Player got the 2nd Pick. I guess Syracuse coach Boe didnt want to co-sign for Melo LOL.
In Melo's draft class .. Lebron/D.Wade/Bosh all prove to have twice the talent & skills Melo have.
Melo did not see a 50 win season untill Iverson & Billups became his teammates (Melo only had three 50 win seasons in Denver.).

How did Melo carry the 2008-9 Denver Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals when the Nuggets went 20-2 that season without Melo in the lineup?
That same season Melo average 27 points per game taking 20 shots per game.
Chauncey Billups average 20 points per game taking 13 shots per game.
Plus Billups were able to get "Nene, K-Mart, Bird, and Klienza" to stay healthy to play in all 16 postseason games, REMARKABLE!!!

By the way this is K.O.COM where the truth is respected .... and the indirect LIES of owner James Dolan being the best NBA General Manager by personally hiring Laydum, Isiah, Larry Brown, Walshup, Damnphoney, and Melo are the laughable trolls on the board.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
The sameway we dont want to bumb into the Lebron/D.Wade/Bosh Heat in the first-round, no matter the 3-1 regular season.
Is the sameway we wouldnt want to bumb into the Durant & Westbrook OKC in the first-round, no matter the even regular season.

Both teams turn-up their level of performance to outstanding for two years in the postseason games.
They average 4-1 in the First-Round.

jimkcchief88

All Star
For real Kiya re-read your own post. Lebron TWICE as good as Melo and that's the truth???? That's ridiculous. You are quickly losing your status on KO.com as respected poster saying stupid stuff like that real talk and you are feeding the trolls...do us all a favor and go root for the ****-less Nuggets so the rest of Knicks fans can enjoy this season and plAyoffs for real

jimkcchief88

All Star
you sound dumb as ****

1st off you made an account on an opposing teams forum to talk **** about our best player, so that shows you KD fans are insecure lil ****s

2nd KD is more concerned with having good numbers than playing with a mean streak, Melo will shoot 6/26 but he's playing to win while KD will protect his 10/16 night and let Westbrook cost his team the game, so FOH with letting Westbrook thrive

3rd 11-1, Melo owns KD's soul now what the **** can you say about that
And there winner is....

Kiyaman

Legend
For real Kiya re-read your own post. Lebron TWICE as good as Melo and that's the truth???? That's ridiculous. You are quickly losing your status on KO.com as respected poster saying stupid stuff like that real talk and you are feeding the trolls...do us all a favor and go root for the ****-less Nuggets so the rest of Knicks fans can enjoy this season and plAyoffs for real

Jim.... u real real FUNNY! hillarious too .... I wonder how far the Cavs Lebron, or Heat D.Wade, or Raptors Bosh wouldve went in the postseason games having teammates Camby, Nene, Kenyon Martin, and Iverson? for two seasons?
And the 2008 Chauncey Billups is a automatic Championship Ring...

If u havnt learn anything about Pat Riley amazing draft-class trio in Miami on how well they welcome star-talent in their lineup, then u really missed-out on the great complimentary performance of the Boston BIG-3 making teammates into star-role-players.

Melo's ego could not exist in either trio lineup, Why? .. Melo challenge teammate K-Mart, then teammate Iverson, then teammate Billups, now he's challenging teammate Amare ....
Why do u think CP3, Kobe, D.Wade, Lebron, Durant let Melo be the high-scorer of practically every game on the USA olympic team?
Do u recall the original "DREAM-TEAM" who was the highest scorer of every game? The Dream-Team!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Your funny and must be a psychologist because you know Melo's ego so well. I bring up his NCAA title as a frosh because that tells me he can play in a team concept because college hoops is more of a team game. Durant's "teams" got shot out in college. I saw Durant play in college against my Mizzou Tigers and Durant got his points while Texas got shot out. Jordan lead the Tarheels to a chip as a frosh, Magic/Bird played in NCAA Championships now. Are getting this???? All those guys had to play in team concepts and accept coaching. Lebitch took the easy way out skipping college, and had to stack the deck with the help of the traitor slime Pat Riley to finally win a Chip.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Jim.... u real real FUNNY! hillarious too .... I wonder how far the Cavs Lebron, or Heat D.Wade, or Raptors Bosh wouldve went in the postseason games having teammates Camby, Nene, Kenyon Martin, and Iverson? for two seasons?
And the 2008 Chauncey Billups is a automatic Championship Ring...

If u havnt learn anything about Pat Riley amazing draft-class trio in Miami on how well they welcome star-talent in their lineup, then u really missed-out on the great complimentary performance of the Boston BIG-3 making teammates into star-role-players.

Melo's ego could not exist in either trio lineup, Why? .. Melo challenge teammate K-Mart, then teammate Iverson, then teammate Billups, now he's challenging teammate Amare ....
Why do u think CP3, Kobe, D.Wade, Lebron, Durant let Melo be the high-scorer of practically every game on the USA olympic team?
Do u recall the original "DREAM-TEAM" who was the highest scorer of every game? The Dream-Team!!!

U say a whole lot of subjective stuff about melo that no one knows or can prove. He,"challenged" people. Really? How do u know that? Since when did he challenge amare? A.i.? Ai was better then him at the time so wouldn't have been the other way around? Billups? K mart? If he challenged k mart why did he choose to play with him again. You are losing your status because of this subjective, empty and misplaced melo hate.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
Your funny and must be a psychologist because you know Melo's ego so well. I bring up his NCAA title as a frosh because that tells me he can play in a team concept because college hoops is more of a team game. Durant's "teams" got shot out in college. I saw Durant play in college against my Mizzou Tigers and Durant got his points while Texas got shot out. Jordan lead the Tarheels to a chip as a frosh, Magic/Bird played in NCAA Championships now. Are getting this???? All those guys had to play in team concepts and accept coaching. Lebitch took the easy way out skipping college, and had to stack the deck with the help of the traitor slime Pat Riley to finally win a Chip.

Jim .... I understand where u comin from .. Melo was an outstanding scorer at age 18, in Syracuse Melo was force to play an up-tempo & half-set rotation system in coach Boe offense/defense scheme.
The last time Melo was force to play a transition-system was his rookie season, and Melo?s first season with teammate Chauncey Billups.

Our team flaws
We were the number-one team for low inside-scoring points.
Melo didn?t score inside much, which is why his % was low, which made the team % low, b/c Melo?s shot attempts were extra-high.

U say a whole lot of subjective stuff about melo that no one knows or can prove. He,"challenged" people. Really? How do u know that? Since when did he challenge amare? A.i.? Ai was better then him at the time so wouldn't have been the other way around? Billups? K mart? If he challenged k mart why did he choose to play with him again. You are losing your status because of this subjective, empty and misplaced melo hate.

What type a system did we run throughout the 2012-13 season?

Did Melo push the ball to run an up-tempo transition-system? NO!
K-Mart, Amare, and Iverson became super-stars at playing an up-tempo transition system for Nets / Suns / 76ers.
Did Melo run when Iverson pushed the ball? NO!
Iverson always had to go 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 in a fastbreak on Nuggets.
Billups defensive leadership at the point made Billups a superstar (MVP).
Did Melo give us 25 minutes of defense per game? NO!

When a star-player don?t play to his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] option star teammate best talent, why should u imagine the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] star-teammate are going to keep complimenting the star players best talent.
If the star-tandem of .. Kobe & Gasol, or KG & Pierce, or Lebron & Wade didn?t workout it would be called a CHALLENGE?

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Jim .... I understand where u comin from .. Melo was an outstanding scorer at age 18, in Syracuse Melo was force to play an up-tempo & half-set rotation system in coach Boe offense/defense scheme.
The last time Melo was force to play a transition-system was his rookie season, and Melo?s first season with teammate Chauncey Billups.

Our team flaws
We were the number-one team for low inside-scoring points.
Melo didn?t score inside much, which is why his % was low, which made the team % low, b/c Melo?s shot attempts were extra-high.

What type a system did we run throughout the 2012-13 season?

Did Melo push the ball to run an up-tempo transition-system? NO!
K-Mart, Amare, and Iverson became super-stars at playing an up-tempo transition system for Nets / Suns / 76ers.
Did Melo run when Iverson pushed the ball? NO!
Iverson always had to go 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 in a fastbreak on Nuggets.
Billups defensive leadership at the point made Billups a superstar (MVP).
Did Melo give us 25 minutes of defense per game? NO!

When a star-player don?t play to his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] option star teammate best talent, why should u imagine the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] star-teammate are going to keep complimenting the star players best talent.
If the star-tandem of .. Kobe & Gasol, or KG & Pierce, or Lebron & Wade didn?t workout it would be called a CHALLENGE?

Ok the sixers were def not an up tempo team.... Anyway melo had all these uptempo team mates but chose to go half court and iso because that's his strength correct? So only 2 things could happen and thats melo makes the adjustments to his team or the players around him change to fit him correct? Well his teammates changed to fit him and his half court iso and you're complaining about it.... I'm just wondering are u cheering for melo during this great first quarter of his? U cant ever answer that.

HardFowl

Rookie
Melo is definitely as good as Durant (in the regular season). If he can prove himself in the playoffs, where he has often choked, he might be as good, period: regular and post season.

Rob Low

Rotation player
?I don?t watch a lot of other basketball away from the gym,? Durant says. ?But I do look at LeBron?s box score. I want to see how many points, rebounds and assists he had, and how he shot from the field. If he had 30 points, nine rebounds and eight assists, I can tell you exactly how he did it, what type of shots he made and who he passed to.? Durant and James take flak for their friendship, but it is based on a mutual appreciation of the craft. They aren?t hanging out at the club. They are feverishly one-upping each other from afar. ?People see two young black basketball players at the top of their game and think we should clash,? Durant says. ?They want the conflict. They want the hate. They forget Bird cried for Magic. A friend was getting on me about this recently, and I said, ?Calm down. I?m not taking it easy on him. Don?t you know I?m trying to destroy the guy every time I go on the court?? ?

http://nba.si.com/2013/04/23/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-sports-illustrated-cover/

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
It's all about Paul, Durant and Lebron. Those are the three best in the league. Melo is not better than any of those players right there.

metrocard

Legend
It's all about Paul, Durant and Lebron. Those are the three best in the league. Melo is not better than any of those players right there.

If you had to rate these guys from a scale of 50-99 how would you do it?

These are mine

LeBron - 99
Paul - 95
Melo - 94
Durant - 94

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Jordan is a 99. Lebron aint quite there to me. Paul and Lebron are such good two-way players though. Melo and Durant don't play the same level of D as those two. Durant plays more consistently, for longer stretches on the defensive end. Melo is a spurt defender. He'll defend hard for like a quarter or two, but is still only pretty good in those instances.. not great.