Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 119

Thread: Carmelo is as good as Durant

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Some jiveass talk in these parts....

    Allow me end this thread, and all foolcats who seriously believe this Melo > Durant.

    some posters here trying to convince (themselves?) that Melo is a better rebounder, passer, or scorer...or better anything. Pass some of that shizz being smoked before people poster

    Looks like i gotta do the research to help bring the reality to those who afraid of it or wanna gump from it.


    24 Years old vs 28 Years old

    .506 FG% vs .450 FG%

    .410 3pt % vs .384 3pt%

    .900 FT% vs .830 FT%

    8 RPG vs 6.6 RPG

    4.5 APG vs 2.6 APG

    1.3 BLK vs .5 BLK

    1.4 STL vs .8 STL

    28.3 PPG vs 28.6 PPG .

    Better:

    Passer
    Rebounder
    Defender
    Scorer
    Efficiency
    Free throw shooter
    3pt Shooter

    Who led team to Finals already?

    Game.

    Oh, and KD co-exist with other stars and help build a true CONTENDER. How Melo play alongside your other MAX past cpl year?

  2. #32
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ^ Weak post and a pointless post.

    Thread was about how Durant and Melo were basically equals.

    These arguments are super weak because Durant isn't out of Melo's level in any component of basketball. Being more efficient is great, but head to head; their skill level are both A level. It's a preference, not a fact.

    Plus you research is elementary.
    Anyone can go to ESPN or NBA.com and look up these stats.

    It's not ground breaking research, googling is done by anyone.

    These are more groundbreak stats to observe.

    From their matchups since 2010

    Melo
    36.8 MPG
    31.2 PPG
    8.6 RPG (3ORB)
    1.8 ASP
    49% FG
    38% 3PT
    86% FT
    57.8 TS

    KD
    39.2 MPG
    26.6 PPG
    6.4 RPG (.4 ORB)
    3.2 APG
    3.4 TO
    40% FG
    25% 3PT
    90% FT
    55% TS

    KD is 1-11 against Melo.

    Melo OWNS KD soul.

    So you can't end anything with a weak post. This is KnicksOnline.com, you're a noobie. You will get served here with the ease especially since you're coming through with the weakness.
    Last edited by metrocard; Apr 11, 2013 at 20:40.

  3. #33
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    Oh, and KD co-exist with other stars and help build a true CONTENDER. How Melo play alongside your other MAX past cpl year?
    Other stars? KD only plays with one, and that's Westbrook.

    Last star Melo played with was an aging Iverson who was at the end of his career, Iverson still managed to average of 25 points per game playing with Melo. What stars do Melo play with? KD isn't even the alpha player on his team. KD lacks balls and he shows it when he plays against Melo who has dominated him. Melo is too physical, strong and aggressive for KD.

    That's such a stupid question you should be banned from the site after such a terrible first post.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Other stars? KD only plays with one, and that's Westbrook.

    Last star Melo played with was an aging Iverson who was at the end of his career, Iverson still managed to average of 25 points per game playing with Melo. What stars do Melo play with? KD isn't even the alpha player on his team. KD lacks balls and he shows it when he plays against Melo who has dominated him. Melo is too physical, strong and aggressive for KD.

    That's such a stupid question you should be banned from the site after such a terrible first post.
    Yawn. You prove my point. Stop running.

    Let's talk present, that okay with you?

    Durant co-exists alongside a ball-dominant player. And yet his scoring still virtually tied with Melo, even in just ppg? Who is Melo playing alongside? Certainly not Amare (not like he didn't already take that man's career down the hill since he came to NY)

    How has Amare's career been with Melo -- taking away all injuries, how have Knicks fared when they on court together?

    You're very emotional, which is why you're talking bout men's balls...i'm talking stats, facts, and reality.

    Keep thinking like this is WWE, and you can craft a story where Melo is the BIG, STRONG, DOMINATOR.
    Last edited by ThunderThighs; Apr 11, 2013 at 21:06.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ Weak post and a pointless post.

    Thread was about how Durant and Melo were basically equals.

    These arguments are super weak because Durant isn't out of Melo's level in any component of basketball. Being more efficient is great, but head to head; their skill level are both A level. It's a preference, not a fact.

    Plus you research is elementary.
    Anyone can go to ESPN or NBA.com and look up these stats.

    It's not ground breaking research, googling is done by anyone.

    These are more groundbreak stats to observe.

    From their matchups since 2010

    Melo
    36.8 MPG
    31.2 PPG
    8.6 RPG (3ORB)
    1.8 ASP
    49% FG
    38% 3PT
    86% FT
    57.8 TS

    KD
    39.2 MPG
    26.6 PPG
    6.4 RPG (.4 ORB)
    3.2 APG
    3.4 TO
    40% FG
    25% 3PT
    90% FT
    55% TS

    KD is 1-11 against Melo.

    Melo OWNS KD soul.

    So you can't end anything with a weak post. This is KnicksOnline.com, you're a noobie. You will get served here with the ease especially since you're coming through with the weakness.
    Stop. Running. This ain't WWE my man. Fake story lines don't work.

    Your arguments, quoting head to head stats from selected samples, is as weak as the LEBRON haters who crafted stats outta their azzes to try to prove some agenda. Greatness is greatness; better is better; cream rises to the top.

    Durant is a superior basketball talent and teammate to Melo. How have Nuggets franchise and fans felt since Melo left? How you think OKC do if Durant leaves in ANY similar type trade for prospects and picks?

    You right -- this thread was about them being equals (though how come so many than are saying here Melo is better? wassup with that?).

    But they aren't equals, not by ANY metric or gauge of success....except you pulling a small sample size of head to head matchups.

    If we wanna pull out small sample size stats, how about this one:

    Melo's teams getting prematurely bounced in the playoffs, including getting broomsticked while with the Knicks.

    When Melo can take a team through the playoffs, to the point he can sniff the sweat off Lebron's jersey...then we can talk about Melo having some special sauce that Durant doesn't.

    You producing too big of a bark, for a player who hasn't demonstrated that type of bite.

    Honestly. I am surprised to see this from you. I've read many of your posts and this Melomania is like your struggling to prove a point bc of your Knick pride being so strong.

    Kiyamans poster has no misconceptions. Truth.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Also, you said those stats I outlined are like..."about even"?

    Just no.

    Durant is considerably but not dramatically superior to Melo. Does he bend Melo over? NO. But he is better, as a talent, and as a current player, and truthfully as a teammate too.

    Let me end this debate another way:

    this year, find me a thread on any OKC forum where people are saying Durant destroyed X's career, or Durant needs to be traded.

    If i flip thru recent history here, how many times...even by ppl fronting for Melo now may I add, will I see people ready to drop Melo like a bitch?

    A player of excellence like the one you are describing doesn't get treated like a hermonal woman!

    n LOL@you calling me weak. Are you KOL enforcer, or Melo's online bodyguard?

  7. #37
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Fake story lines actually work, WWE is a successful company.

    My arguments are pretty strong because they prove Durant is Melo's puto. It's a 12 game sample size, accurate amount of match ups between two guys. You're lucky I didn't use rookie Durant because the stats would of favored more. I used it from 2010, where Durant was entering his elite status. Durant folds against a Superstar like Melo and Melo ain't the only guy Durant folds against who holds superstar status. History tells this, you can't rewrite history. This ain't no script.

    Superior basketball talent? Please.

    They're both amazing talents, you're making Melo sound like Corey Maggette. Melo is one of the greatest high school, college freshmen and has been the 2nd best SF of this decade behind LeBron. I respect Durant's talents as a 6"11 SG/SF/PF athletic freak with the skill set of a Ray Allen meets T-Mac...you won't see a guy like him in a while. But if you're going to ignore everything Melo offers then it's not worth talking about. Melo's skill set is on the A level so is Durant. It's pretty much equal when it comes to talent and skill. How is that being bias or being a homer? I'm telling it like how it is. You're desperately coming here to Durant's defense and you name gives it away "ThunderThighs". The only bias statements and uninformed beliefs are coming from your part of town.

    We're comparing players, not teams. Winning in the playoffs is a team effort.

    If you want to compare teams, then Bruce Bowen is better than Melo.

    So lets stick to comparing these guys head to head because that argument that doesn't hold much weight either. Melo turned Denver from one of the worst teams of the decade into players into the playoffs. Melo can prove you wrong on taking his team deep into the playoffs this season because the Knicks got a good chance to beat the Celtics, Hawks/Pacers/Nets, and the Heat.

  8. #38
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    Also, you said those stats I outlined are like..."about even"?

    Just no.

    Durant is considerably but not dramatically superior to Melo. Does he bend Melo over? NO. But he is better, as a talent, and as a current player, and truthfully as a teammate too.

    Let me end this debate another way:

    this year, find me a thread on any OKC forum where people are saying Durant destroyed X's career, or Durant needs to be traded.

    If i flip thru recent history here, how many times...even by ppl fronting for Melo now may I add, will I see people ready to drop Melo like a bitch?

    A player of excellence like the one you are describing doesn't get treated like a hermonal woman!

    n LOL@you calling me weak. Are you KOL enforcer, or Melo's online bodyguard?
    You're saying Durant is better without stating any facts.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion.

  9. #39
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    How do go from saying Melo is the next Glenn Robinson to now saying he's better than Durant?? Cluelessness personified imo.. Sigh

  10. #40
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    How do go from saying Melo is the next Glenn Robinson to now saying he's better than Durant?? Cluelessness personified imo.. Sigh
    Why are you hating on my open-mindedness?
    You're always the hater of the forum.
    The Melo is the Next Glenn Rob actually was a blessing and was made when Melo was struggling averaging Kevin Durant rookie numbers in his start with the Knicks.
    But im not going to waste my energy on a hater, you give nothing.

  11. #41
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Melo proved that we was >/= to Durant this year

    While KD has become numbers conscious, Melo is simply trying to win games and make a run in the playoffs

    He doesn't give a **** about 50/40/90 or averaging 4 assists, he moves the ball well enough for our team to operate. More assists doesn't make you a better passer as well, when the **** did numbers all of a sudden make players better than other players.

    Melo can create for his teammates way better than KD can, the way Melo passes out of the double team is superb and finds his big for lobs is masterful, Durant passes the ball to an open Martin or Sefolosha or a cutting Ibaka and Westbrook on the break and now he's a great passer GTFO

    Analyze the game not the stat sheets, the stats are for fantasy GM's but a pure fan will tell you numbers dont mean much, for example LeBron is the best in the game because his level of play is insane not because of his numbers because if he averaged 3 less rebounds and 3 less assist he'd still be the best in the world, right?

    I'm going to put it this way, regardless of any biases towards Melo or KD both are great players and at the end of the day its all about what you prefer and I think Melo is our best bet in New York while Durant is their best bet in OKC

  12. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,968
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're saying Durant is better without stating any facts.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion.

    Metro .... Give it up!

    The prooof is in watching Durant's all-around TEAM-performance in any game -vs- any of Melo's games.
    Durant is competing at Lebron & D.Wade's level .. Melo's skills & talents has never reach that level ..
    its called teamanship .... Melo is strictly a top high-scorer, nuthin else...

  13. #43
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Metro .... Give it up!

    The prooof is in watching Durant's all-around TEAM-performance in any game -vs- any of Melo's games.
    Durant is competing at Lebron & D.Wade's level .. Melo's skills & talents has never reach that level ..
    its called teamanship .... Melo is strictly a top high-scorer, nuthin else...

    Durant's team performance is 1-11 against Melo's team performance.
    Melo is just a top high scorer? He had 20 rebounds last night and out rebounds Kevin Durant every time they meet. Durant collects rebounds like Dirk, Melo actually bangs the paint and absorbs contact. Most of the time Melo doesn't get calls, but it doesnt change how he plays. Melo can bully and dominate just by strength and footwork. Durant most of the time relies on being bailed out of a call.

    Melo is highly skilled, always been on the elite level. In HS, in College, in FIBA, and especially in the NBA.

  14. #44
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Why are you hating on my open-mindedness?
    You're always the hater of the forum.
    The Melo is the Next Glenn Rob actually was a blessing and was made when Melo was struggling averaging Kevin Durant rookie numbers in his start with the Knicks.
    But im not going to waste my energy on a hater, you give nothing.
    What? I made an astute observation lol.

  15. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    Some jiveass talk in these parts....

    Allow me end this thread, and all foolcats who seriously believe this Melo > Durant.

    some posters here trying to convince (themselves?) that Melo is a better rebounder, passer, or scorer...or better anything. Pass some of that shizz being smoked before people poster

    Looks like i gotta do the research to help bring the reality to those who afraid of it or wanna gump from it.


    24 Years old vs 28 Years old

    .506 FG% vs .450 FG%

    .410 3pt % vs .384 3pt%

    .900 FT% vs .830 FT%

    8 RPG vs 6.6 RPG

    4.5 APG vs 2.6 APG

    1.3 BLK vs .5 BLK

    1.4 STL vs .8 STL

    28.3 PPG vs 28.6 PPG .

    Better:

    Passer
    Rebounder
    Defender
    Scorer
    Efficiency
    Free throw shooter
    3pt Shooter

    Who led team to Finals already?

    Game.

    Oh, and KD co-exist with other stars and help build a true CONTENDER. How Melo play alongside your other MAX past cpl year?
    Looks like this moron jumped on this board to **** on Melo.
    Go **** on yourself somewere else. MELO IS BETTER THAN DURANT THIS YEAR

Similar Threads

  1. Who's the better player? Melo vs Durant
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2012, 21:50
  2. Durant to the Knicks!
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2011, 12:49
  3. Kevin Durant just sneaked into the Face of the NBA
    By DontForgetDerekHarper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2010, 05:59
  4. Oden or Durant?
    By ShairanXIII in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jun 06, 2007, 21:37
  5. Oden or Durant?
    By FameMos in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2007, 20:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •