Knicks close to signing James Singleton

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 37s

League source says #Knicks deal w/James Singleton is complete. #Knicks will need to cut a player to make room for Singleton

looks like kurt will be waived

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like they signed him. Singleton has been playing in China, avg 15 ppg and 11 RBs, not exactly setting the Chinese league on fire. He should be in shape since he's played all year but he ain't KMart.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Kurt played his final game with a broken foot...real warrior

I too wish James White was cut

But if Kurt truly is done then I suppose I'm ok with it...hopefully Kurt can still sit on bench and practice ala Baron Davis

metrocard

Legend
Kurt played his final game with a broken foot...real warrior

I too wish James White was cut

But if Kurt truly is done then I suppose I'm ok with it...hopefully Kurt can still sit on bench and practice ala Baron Davis

Kurt Thomas should be a coach, big man coach.

finestrg

Rotation player
Should be serviceable for us the rest of the way. He's athletic, can play above the rim, rebounds, Ds up, and he can shoot and score it a little bit. Outside of Copeland, the Knicks obviously are only looking for seasoned players with prior NBA experience. That's been the blueprint for this year; the prerequisite. This guy fits the bill. Nice pick up. He should help us.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
White should be waived he is useless he even dont deserve to be NBA player

Kurt is legend i never forget what he done to Knicks.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Never forget what Kurt Thomas has done for us

I feel bad for Kurt if this is true. If he really cannot play this postseason, however, I understand, and hope he understands as well.

I would not rule out having him back for next year, and I assume that Singleton could not play for us in the playoffs in any case. If Singleton is allowed to play for us in the playoffs, this all makes even more sense (as an emergency big).

That said, I think that everyone is freaking out too much about the big man situation. The magic number for the #2 seed is 3. The Knicks can get there with just Brooklyn and the Knicks beating Indiana. The Knicks can get there with wins against Cleveland, Chorlotte, and Atlanta, or just two wins and an Indiana loss (say, Brooklyn).

If they can get Camby, Chandler, Martin, and Wallace back for the first round, and Amare for the second round, they are fine.

bigapple

Starter
I will miss jumpers from Thomas his performance against Utah as alone he was playing with injury as 40 year old soldier.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
The Singleton move makes me think that they are going to shut down Chandler and KMart for the last five games. It also might point to Rasheed Walleace showing up again. There are rumors he might start running next week. People may not remember how well Wallace played for us earlier in the season, and what that could mean for us in the playoffs (for instance, drawing Hibbert out of the paint).

knicksin60

Starter
I felt that Kurt Thomas should have never been traded by the Knicks in the first place.I know him and Stephon Marbury had their differences but trading him for Q-brick stands as one of the top 5 worst trades that Isiah Thomas made in his tenure with the Knicks.

A lot of us like to remember the failed draft picks or the players that the Knicks released and ended up becoming tremendous role players but when the Knicks first acquired K.Thomas it was a bargain move for them.Nobody expected him to be the staple gun to the Knicks frontcourt that the Knicks sort of lost when they traded away Charles Oakley.

I'd rather see K.Thomas retire as a Knick than come back and go to a team like Boston and Miami.

metrocard

Legend
I felt that Kurt Thomas should have never been traded by the Knicks in the first place.I know him and Stephon Marbury had their differences but trading him for Q-brick stands as one of the top 5 worst trades that Isiah Thomas made in his tenure with the Knicks.

A lot of us like to remember the failed draft picks or the players that the Knicks released and ended up becoming tremendous role players but when the Knicks first acquired K.Thomas it was a bargain move for them.Nobody expected him to be the staple gun to the Knicks frontcourt that the Knicks sort of lost when they traded away Charles Oakley.

I'd rather see K.Thomas retire as a Knick than come back and go to a team like Boston and Miami.

This is the post everyone has been waiting to read.

Great one here my friend.

nyk_nyk

All Star
If anything it looks like he's a good rebounder plus he challenges shots. Not really concerned about him scoring.