Updates on big men injuries??

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
Anybody have any updates on the health of the bigs? Supposedly Tyson and K-Mart are "day to day", but what about Sheed and Amar'e? Haven't heard much about either one.

erivera

Benchwarmer
rasheed has been shooting recently. woodson said he wants to get him running next week so if all goes well with that i wouldn't be shocked to see him in uniform for game 1 of the playoffs.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I will be very surprised if we see KMart, Tyson, Camby, or Wallace play at all before the playoffs, especially if we win one of the next two games (Indiana and Charlotte) clinching the #2 seed.

However, I expect to see all four of them suited up in the first round of the playoffs, Camby and Wallace used as needed, Tyson and KMart getting heavy rotation. Copeland is the X factor in my book, he deserves major playoff minutes, we shall see if that happens or not.

Amar'e I do not expect to see until the second round of the playoffs, and limited minutes at best during the second round. We could be pleasantly surprised if he suits up and or plays at all in the first round, and disappointed if he does not play at all in the second round.

However, I would be really disappointed and surprised f he is not even practicing with the team by the second round, since I think he will be needed on the floor if we get to the conference finals.

uber

Benchwarmer
rasheed has been shooting recently. woodson said he wants to get him running next week so if all goes well with that i wouldn't be shocked to see him in uniform for game 1 of the playoffs.

Where did you get that information? I'm just curious because i thought we won't see him this season any more.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Anybody have any updates on the health of the bigs? Supposedly Tyson and K-Mart are "day to day", but what about Sheed and Amar'e? Haven't heard much about either one.
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION trying for second seed today against the PACERS or risking further injury to Tyson or Kmart is just not worth the risk. It's true if we don't get second seed and get past the Celtics we will face the BULLs in the second round. Most teams in the East are beat up..Derrick Rose, Granger, Rajon, and the knicks "BIGS"....but I have to agree with SIR CHARLES BARKLEY who I hate when he says without the BIGS we can't get by the NETS. Regardless, I thank the Knicks for a splendid season and admit that my wife "THE KNICKS QUEEN" never gave up on them even after the four losses out west..while I was "heartless" and threw in the towel. It's not comforting seeing J. KIDD, FELTON, and Pablo crashing the boards and risking injury. Scary seeing Felton go down and he and J.R. are both playing with sore knees. Because 3 player use up 55 million in salary the Grunfeld experiment of getting OLD experience players on the CHEAP was a total failure....older players are going down ala KOBE, NASH, PARKER, GASOL, etc etc.

Last edited:

DrB

Benchwarmer
Anything is possible but without the "BIGS" getting by INDIANA will be extremely difficult and we risk injury to our so called healthy players when we play them out of position i.e. Carmelo at "center". I would rest them all and get ready for the CELTICS without worrying about second seed and getting the home court advantage in a second round. Doing that is putting healthy players at risk. Seeing MELO or JR go down would be WOODSON being stupid again as he was not pulling K MART in garbage time.

skisloper

Starter
Anything is possible but without the "BIGS" getting by INDIANA will be extremely difficult and we risk injury to our so called healthy players when we play them out of position i.e. Carmelo at "center". I would rest them all and get ready for the CELTICS without worrying about second seed and getting the home court advantage in a second round. Doing that is putting healthy players at risk. Seeing MELO or JR go down would be WOODSON being stupid again as he was not pulling K MART in garbage time.

Totally disagree.....we need the 2nd seed......Thats a single victory or an Indiana loss....Yes maybe today is not the day and maybe against Charlette is a better show.........The goal is to win a championship and the Bulls are a tough match up for us....even if we beat the bulls it will probably be 7 games and not a way to go up against the heat...
we need the 2nd seed.

Kiyaman

Legend
As an ole Knicks-Fan who went to the Garden a couple of times with Pops & unc to watch Red Holzman championship Knicks ....
I learn to never believe or take the Knicks (injury-list) medical-staff seriously after 40 seasons.

The 2nd seed is a must for the Knicks, we do not want the 3rd seed to bumb-heads with coach Thibs Bulls having some miracle comeback Noah in the first-round .... we still are BLIND to how many of our bigmen will show up???

DrB

Benchwarmer
Totally disagree.....we need the 2nd seed......Thats a single victory or an Indiana loss....Yes maybe today is not the day and maybe against Charlette is a better show.........The goal is to win a championship and the Bulls are a tough match up for us....even if we beat the bulls it will probably be 7 games and not a way to go up against the heat...
we need the 2nd seed.
After seeing the brutality of HIBBERT, WEST, Stephanson we were lucky to not have MAJOR injuies to Shumpert and Carmelo. Yes a great win..but almost at great cost. You don't worry about the second seed if you looe CARMELO or SHUMPERT to what could have been devastating injuries. My wife the KNICKS QUEEN thinks God was a knick today...lol . I saw the NETS- PACERS game and Indiana are just THUGS

Last edited:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
After seeing the brutality of HIBBERT, WEST, Stephanson we were lucky to not have MAJOR injuies to Shumpert and Carmelo. Yes a great win..but almost at great cost. You don't worry about the second seed if you looe CARMELO or SHUMPERT to what could have been devastating injuries. My wife the KNICKS QUEEN thinks God was a knick today...lol . I saw the NETS- PACERS game and Indiana are just THUGS

I am glad that the injury to Carmelo seems to have been minor, but do not be ridiculous. Neither tjhe Pacers nor the Bulls are thugs. They are just old school hard nosed defensive teams which true Knicks fans should appreciate, since this is part of the true legacy of the Knicks, and which the Knicks themselves are beginning to and should continue to get back to themselves.

That said, it looks like the Bulls will either beat up on the Pacers in the first round or on the Nets, and possibly on Miami (if they beat the Nets). I am not sure what happens if the Celtics and Bulls tie, I think the Bulls get the tiebreaker based upon conference record, but maybe not (obviously, I hope we avoid the Bulls in the first round).

If the Bulls and Pacers beat up on each other, this will help the Knicks in the second round, regardless of which of these we face.

If the Bulls play the Nets, then I will be rooting for the Bulls to win, since then they can beat up on Miami (more than I think the Nets would anyway).

As far as the thread topic, MSG confirmed my theory that all four of Tyson, KMart, Camby, and Wallace are expected to play in the first round. However, I was pleasantly surprised that Wallace may play as early as tomorrow or Wednesday. This is certainly great news because it means that he will be able to shake off some of the rust before the playoffs start.

As far as Camby, Tyson, and KMart go, I hope that they do not play this week because I want to see them as healthy as possible on Saturday. Even though Camby may be rusty as well, I do not care so much because he will mostly play for rebounds, blocks, and fouls; any offense from Camby is gravy anyway. Wallace on the other hand can help us tremendously by being a three-point threat so getting some playing time this week would be a plus.

I am still praying that Amar'e is the big secret weapon and that he plays during the playoffs. I do not agree with the folks who seem to believe he is a problem. Yes, he is not a good defender. But he has also not been healthy in the last year and a half. I still think he can be the Amar'e of the first few months when we got him, and I think he can be that during this year's playoffs. You can call me a dreamer and an idiot for this belief, if you like. But I believe that, I would hope that any true Knick fan would at least hope that I am correct, even if I am not.

skisloper

Starter

Better get used to it this is what the playoffs will be ...the difference is we will hopefully and God willing having Wallace, Chandler and Martin back to dish it out to our competition....

A win today was a must win. Now the 2nd seed....we hopefully Avoid Chicago and the Heat until possible Finals....
everyone rests.......we could not be sitting any better as long as the medical staff is for real in terms of Martin, chandler and Wallace....

Now for the next 2 games....

Prigioni
copeland
solomon
novak
white
little smith, shump and Felton.....

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Rest Felton, I think

Better get used to it this is what the playoffs will be ...the difference is we will hopefully and God willing having Wallace, Chandler and Martin back to dish it out to our competition....

A win today was a must win. Now the 2nd seed....we hopefully Avoid Chicago and the Heat until possible Finals....
everyone rests.......we could not be sitting any better as long as the medical staff is for real in terms of Martin, chandler and Wallace....

Now for the next 2 games....

Prigioni
copeland
solomon
novak
white
little smith, shump and Felton.....

Yes, we shall dish it out as well.

I think they would be wise to rest Felton this week. Otherwise, little to argue with.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Hind sight is 20-20

The KNICKS biggest win yesterday was that there were no major injuries to CARMELO or SHUMPERT...I knew how I felt seeing FELTON rolling around on the floor holding his knee in a prior game. No matter what anyone says you don't give up players to possible injuries WHEN ALL YOU ENFORCERS are down. If Chandler and K Mart were playing Hibberts flaggrant 1 on Shumpert might not have occurred.

I love the folks here. Dirty game ..no problemo. And it was not just tough basketball, it was Indiana intention to hurt out of frustration ala BYNUM putting down BARREA when Dallas won the championship.
We all bleed orange and blue and at age 72 I saw the 73 WORLD CHAMPS in person. I respect everyones opinion as no one comes here who's not a KNICK lover.
Some folks here like me were players and some not . We may see things differently and thats OK.

This years experiment was a total failure....to get old "BIGS" on the cheap as they would bring experience and toughness in the playoff. It was all we could afford.They all went down plain and simple. But even with Tyson coming back and as a retired surgeon let me say bulging discs really take time to get better. It will take allot of rust removal on Wallace and for sure on Amare for them to be helpful in the playoffs. Tyson's the key.
Some of the "young pups" here were saying the playoff toughness in the Indiana game was OK....yes if your teams not down to 9 men and that twig Solomon is not your center. Anyone here who would not like out the AMARE contract..speak up COWARDS.
EPILOGUE: Dear Knicks of 2012-13. Thanks for a fabulous and heart stopping season. We, your fans salute you and thank you for the privilege of routing for you with our entire beings. J.Kidd and Prigs , you two are amazing for all you both do that does not make the stats. Shumpert your drive to the hole after the flagrant proves your toughness. J.R without question our "sixth man of the year". And MELO...well you are just sensational..take some time off to heal.
I loved Copeland from the preseason. He has what can't be taught and he's learning what can be taught. His defense on Hibbert was a gem. His 20 points in the Indiana game brought more than Tyson, KMart or Amare were bringing. He just needs the weight room and some "Indiana nastiness". Lastly , while we might always agree on everything we all agree we love this team. On to the playoffs....