Jones not Singleton

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Wow.

His career per 36 min numbers are 10 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks.

Obviously somewhat inflated by garbage minutes but not bad for a last minute pickup.

ESPN is also saying he would be eligible for the post season roster, which I did not realize was possible.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Comparing his per 36 min averages to James Singleton's it looks like Solomon Jones is a wash as a scorer, although this does not reflect HOW either score points, is a slightly better shot blocker, about the same on the offensive glass, somewhat less of a defensive rebounder than Singleton.

Looking at the Hollinger stats, his downside seems to be a lower than team average assist ratio and a higher than team average turnover ratio. Singleton also has better assist ratio and turnover ratio, which may explain why he was the first choice for Grunwald, along with his better defensive glass numbers.

This may mean that Jones will turn over the ball a lot, especially since he will not be familiar with his teammates at all.

Still seems like a decent pickup, considering that Singleton could not clear waivers immediately.

tiger0330

Legend
Wish we could have signed Singleton also. White is like tits on a bull, Woody has 9 guys available in Chicago and guess who doesn't play "Flightless" White. Singleton's team in China must have made the playoffs and he couldn't get out of his committment.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I am not in the White is useless camp, although it is hard to tell with his lack of playing time. In any case, he fulfills a totally different role than the big men who are down and out.

More to the point, we just have no idea what is up with Camby and Wallace. I am hoping that both will actually be available in the playoffs, and that is why we are hanging on to them. They may still make a deal with Singleton or not, if so who they waive may tell us what is clearly a closely guarded secret, namely what is up with White, Wallace, and Camby in Grunwald/Woodson's eyes, which is all that really matters, and we have to believe that they know way more than any of us.