Game Thread: NY Knicks vs Indiana Pacers 14/04/2013 - 3:30

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

nykind.jpg

Joint of the day

Game preview

The New York Knicks have won 14 of their last 15 games despite a roster that's hardly healthy, so getting some rest heading into the playoffs would be a welcome opportunity.

With a win Sunday, they can afford to do just that.

The Knicks look to clinch the Eastern Conference's No. 2 seed when they host the Indiana Pacers in a preview of a potential second-round postseason clash.

New York was a game behind Indiana in the race for the second spot on March 17 after suffering its fourth consecutive defeat, but Thursday's 118-111 overtime loss in Chicago is its only setback since.

The Knicks (52-27) pulled three games ahead of the Pacers with Friday's 101-91 win at Cleveland coupled with Indiana's 117-109 home loss to Brooklyn, meaning New York can lock up the No. 2 seed Sunday. Even with a Pacers win - which would give them the season series 3-1 - the Knicks would need only one victory or one Indiana loss in the final two games to clinch.

But New York would like to take care of business Sunday, and give Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith a breather prior to the playoffs after they've combined to average 57.2 points over the past 15 games.

"It's very beneficial," Smith said of the chance to rest. "It means a lot. It's something we've been talking about consistently over the last few weeks, we've been wanting to lock up that two seed."

Finishing second would earn the Knicks a first-round date with Boston, but a showdown with Indiana could be looming in the East semifinals. The home team has won each of the first three meetings in the season series.

"We've proven this year we can win on the road, but it always helps to have home-court advantage," coach Mike Woodson said. "That goes a long way when you're trying to get to the Eastern Conference finals."

Even when Woodson's team beat the Pacers 88-76 at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 18, Indiana caused problems for New York. The Knicks shot 36.7 percent in that game, and that was their most efficient performance against the Pacers this season.

..more

Starting lineups

nyk.jpg

ind.jpg

Last edited:

uber

Benchwarmer
So we are really starting Jones? Lets hope for the best :crossfingers:

/e nice GT :thumbsup:

GO KNICKS :gony:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This team is simply on fire, can't wait to see Sheed back in the action!

Kiyaman

Legend
Thats bad the Knicks built a 20 point lead without Melo .. why put Melo in the game with 5 min before halftime ???

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Pacers are a joke. Win or lose today I have no doubt our boys we'll stomp this overrated bunch out with ease in the playoffs.

No Tyson, K Mart, Sheed, Camby or Stat and they can barely cope.

Kiyaman

Legend
We lost a 20 point lead to a 7 point lead at the half because Melo didnt want to sit on the bench untill the 2nd half.
Kidd & Shump was doing so well guiding JR, Cope, and Novak on defense.

Melo hard dunk on Hibbert then steal was good but George is in Melo head, and Stevenson is in Felton head

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knicks winning too bad game isn't on nationally would have been a great old school double-header Bulls-heat/Knicks/pacers but I guess the 2nd/3rd seeds in the East don't rank like 8th in the west Lakers:( Question of the day: with Kobe out who is going to be the showcase nba team for every other national NBA broadcast now???

jimkcchief88

All Star
We lost a 20 point lead to a 7 point lead at the half because Melo didnt want to sit on the bench untill the 2nd half.
Kidd & Shump was doing so well guiding JR, Cope, and Novak on defense.

Melo hard dunk on Hibbert then steal was good but George is in Melo head, and Stevenson is in Felton head

Kiya c'mon I just checked the box score Melo chillin with 25 points in 30 minutes while George has 9 points in 40 minutes. Why post such nonsense about our best player????

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Hats off boys 2nd seed in EC wrapped up, now boys earn a nice rest before the playoffs.

As for Pacers....Can all the 'experts' please oh pleaseeeeeeeee STFU about the 'Mighty' Pacers. Bar none the most overrated team in all of the NBA. Bulls, Nets and even the old ass Celtics far more difficult playoff proposition than this Pacers team. After Bynum not sure if any player is straight up hijacking his team for his salary as Roy Hibbert.

smokes

Huge Member
Hats off boys 2nd seed in EC wrapped up, now boys earn a nice rest before the playoffs.

As for Pacers....Can all the 'experts' please oh pleaseeeeeeeee STFU about the 'Mighty' Pacers. Bar none the most overrated team in all of the NBA. Bulls, Nets and even the old ass Celtics far more difficult playoff proposition than this Pacers team. After Bynum not sure if any player is straight up hijacking his team for his salary as Roy Hibbert.

Amare? :lol:

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya c'mon I just checked the box score Melo chillin with 25 points in 30 minutes while George has 9 points in 40 minutes. Why post such nonsense about our best player????

being u checked the box-score u also notice Melo took 23 shot attempts to get 25 points.
Woody's best decision in this game was not letting Melo get any playingtime in the 4th qrt.

Jim.... im tired of this forum giving all the 2012-13 Knicks success this season to a 40% FG Melo, as if the other 4 players on the court dont exist. This forum talk about Tyson, Kurt, Amare, Novak, Felton, Cope, and White like a dog this season.
Little do they know, it was HOF Jason Kidd orchestration that lead coach Woodson & Melo having a succesful season.

In the Pacers game it was clear to see that Knicks-players - Kidd, Shump, JR, Copeland, and Novak/Prig had this WIN in their pocket as early as the start of the 2nd quarter. When u seen our offense rotating where 7.2 Hibbert had to keep running outside to defend Copelands Jumper, and Shump/JR slashing to the paint with Hibbert outside defending Cope. When Hibbert went to the bench Cope took it straight to the hoop on West, plus our transition game gave us a season high of 16 fastbreak points. com'on Melo shouldve forgot about the scoring title to cheer for his teammates from the bench.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Thats bad the Knicks built a 20 point lead without Melo .. why put Melo in the game with 5 min before halftime ???
EXACTLY....and Woodson did same thing with not taking out K MART in garbage time. Woodson's mindset does not protect his players in meaningless games or garbage time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Because he's a moron blinded by his own fate

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I notice u and moron hangout a lot in all ur comments, u ever think about having a divorce?

Yeah, we clinch the 2nd seed in this win over the Pacers, grabbing homecourt advantage in the first two rounds in the postseason .. but u and ur buddy moron backward thinking believe its all Melo's doing.

Here's a hint of Melo's doing, 55-25 Denver Nuggets record. they never won 55 games wid Melo

DrB

Benchwarmer
Melo and the Scoring TITLE

Make no mistake about this..without Melo we would be nowhere BUT

ISO MELO over 7 seconds is a looser and ruins the FLOW...
Iso Melo at 4 seconds or less of holding the ball WORKS...
Did you ever wonder about the times FELTON and JR dribble into traffic only to have the ball stolen or they make a bad pass.....it is what it is.
Melo is into the SCORING TITLE period and its not "apples to apples" with DURANT scoring many more total points and playing in more games.. I hate these individual statistics that players must confront as opposed to team play. I guess a scoring title translates into many endorsement dollars. I gotta remember this is not 1973.
Melo winning a scoring title mean nothing to me...winning the CONFERENCE says it all.

jimkcchief88

All Star
being u checked the box-score u also notice Melo took 23 shot attempts to get 25 points.
Woody's best decision in this game was not letting Melo get any playingtime in the 4th qrt.

Jim.... im tired of this forum giving all the 2012-13 Knicks success this season to a 40% FG Melo, as if the other 4 players on the court dont exist. This forum talk about Tyson, Kurt, Amare, Novak, Felton, Cope, and White like a dog this season.
Little do they know, it was HOF Jason Kidd orchestration that lead coach Woodson & Melo having a succesful season.

In the Pacers game it was clear to see that Knicks-players - Kidd, Shump, JR, Copeland, and Novak/Prig had this WIN in their pocket as early as the start of the 2nd quarter. When u seen our offense rotating where 7.2 Hibbert had to keep running outside to defend Copelands Jumper, and Shump/JR slashing to the paint with Hibbert outside defending Cope. When Hibbert went to the bench Cope took it straight to the hoop on West, plus our transition game gave us a season high of 16 fastbreak points. com'on Melo shouldve forgot about the scoring title to cheer for his teammates from the bench.

Kiya we are going to have to agree to disagree here. I am tired of explaining how jump shooters that score a lot have to take a volume of shots so shooting % is a terrible way to rate them. You "efficiency experts" disguised as basketball fans don't get it and never will because you haven't played enough basketball to really know what's going on....I get all that....So if you want to give all the credit for our first division title in over a decade to bench players that play 10 minutes a game and barely average double figures over our MVP candidate that is leading the league in scoring them that's your business.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I'm sorry it's the first word i think of when i see your name pop up... U just mentioned 4 other players should help get recognition and the whole team should. But melo should get most of the acclaim as he should get most of the blame if we are unsuccessful in which he has. But u constantly focusing on what he doesn't do is beyond my belief when no one has done better then him as a knick in the past 2 decades and he can still turn it into doing something that the great Patrick ewing couldn't do. you say kidd should get credit for bringing something out of melo, well thank u kidd(who's been my fav all time player since he was drafted) for bringing that "it" out of melo. Thing is that "it" thing is what u hate on. Can u answer just one question, when melo carries us for quarters or haves, when he beasts on the offensive rebound for the and 1, do u cheer? Can u please answer that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2