Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats 15/04/2013 - 7:00

  1. #1
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    10

    Game Thread Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats 15/04/2013 - 7:00


    Game preview:

    With the Eastern Conference's No. 2 seed wrapped up, the New York Knicks have nothing of consequence to accomplish until the postseason.

    They may be treating Monday's visit to Charlotte like it's the preseason.

    Carmelo Anthony is expected to rest, and he won't be the only Knick getting a breather as New York looks for a sixth straight win over the league-worst Bobcats.

    The Knicks (53-27) clinched the East's second spot Sunday with a win over the team right behind them, forcing 26 turnovers and beating Indiana 90-80 to set up a playoff series with seventh-seeded Boston.

    With its first-round fate determined, New York - still without big men Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Amare Stoudemire, Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby - is ready to get some rest.

    "I always said today was a real important game for us to come in and lock down (the No. 2 seed)," said Anthony, who had a game-high 25 points but didn't play in the fourth quarter after bruising his left shoulder in the third. "It was a big game for us so now guys can get their rest, I can get my rest and come back full speed ready for the playoffs."

    Anthony almost certainly won't play Monday and could also sit out Wednesday's home finale against Atlanta, and not taking the court again would essentially give him the scoring title. He's averaging 28.656 points while Kevin Durant is at 28.137.

    Assuming Durant plays the final two games and Anthony sits, Oklahoma City's star would need to total 99 points against Sacramento and Milwaukee to win his fourth straight scoring title.

    With nearly every big man on the roster ailing, the Knicks started recently signed Solomon Jones at center on Sunday after starting Chris Copeland the previous two games. Martin and Chandler won't travel to Charlotte and Camby also likely won't play, but Wallace could return to get some minutes either Monday or Wednesday.

    "We gotta get some healthy bodies back. And then we'll have Thursday and Friday to prepare for the playoffs," coach Mike Woodson said. "As coaches, we'll start our preparation when we get back from Charlotte and once we get some healthy bodies back on Thursday, we'll start practicing and see where we are and who can be in the rotation once we start the playoffs."

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,671
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Sheed and Camby are active. Sheed may play 12 minutes, Camby???

  3. #3
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,016
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I always like the Knicks playing in the Bobcats' arena. I like the look of it.

    Let's go, Knicks!

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Get'em Knicks

  5. #5
    Member knickerbocker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    sheed sighting

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,033
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    sheed sighting

    Damn! I wanted to see Rasheed in the 2nd half .. we hav to be the top foot-injury team in sports

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,033
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Did we just shoot only 3-balls throughout an entire quarter .... WOODY

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smithtown
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    sheed full of rust...won't bring much to the playffs... Novak sucks...can't defend period. Copeland belongs in the rotation...32 points.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Those were Kiya's backups getting shot out by one of the worst teams in the league. For all "Knicksfans" that hate our 1-2 punch of Melo/JR because" they don't share the ball" and "they shoot a high%" that is why Melo/Jr get most of the shots. For all wondering why Woody wasn't "resting" his players, now you know: we still had work to do clinching the division and #2 seed. Great seeing Sheed and Cope continues to impress.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Did we just shoot only 3-balls throughout an entire quarter .... WOODY
    Naw, I'm sure Woody looked disgusted while they were launching those bricks. Those were the backups you gave credit over Melo "the leadership of J Kidd" lol.... Why do you think J Kidd gets those wide open three's???? Because teams roll their defense to account for the LEAGUE's LEADING SCORER.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,033
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Those were Kiya's backups getting shot out by one of the worst teams in the league. For all "Knicksfans" that hate our 1-2 punch of Melo/JR because" they don't share the ball" and "they shoot a high%" that is why Melo/Jr get most of the shots. For all wondering why Woody wasn't "resting" his players, now you know: we still had work to do clinching the division and #2 seed. Great seeing Sheed and Cope continues to impress.

    If any Knicks-player deserve the final two games off for their service this season, it is "OLD-HEAD" HOF Jason Kidd.

    Jim.... I see u still dont get it .. Do the math .. 6-man rotation vs 9-man rotation
    Lastnight, 11 NBA games were played with the majority of teams sitting their star-players (even non-playoff teams).

    Out of the 22 teams that played last night, 21 of those teams played 9 or more players in their rotation (9 players gettin 10 or more minutes of playingtime).
    The Knicks were the only team lastnight to put just 7 players on the court .. Rasheed Wallace recieve 3 minutes of playingtime .. which made the summation of the Knicks rotation into 6 player-rotation -vs- Bobcats 9 player rotation.
    Coach Woodson played each of the 5 Starters 41 plus minutes of playingtime vs Bobcats, with 6th man Jason Kidd receiving 21 minutes of playingtime.
    Do the Math!!!

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If any Knicks-player deserve the final two games off for their service this season, it is "OLD-HEAD" HOF Jason Kidd.

    Jim.... I see u still dont get it .. Do the math .. 6-man rotation vs 9-man rotation
    Lastnight, 11 NBA games were played with the majority of teams sitting their star-players (even non-playoff teams).

    Out of the 22 teams that played last night, 21 of those teams played 9 or more players in their rotation (9 players gettin 10 or more minutes of playingtime).
    The Knicks were the only team lastnight to put just 7 players on the court .. Rasheed Wallace recieve 3 minutes of playingtime .. which made the summation of the Knicks rotation into 6 player-rotation -vs- Bobcats 9 player rotation.
    Coach Woodson played each of the 5 Starters 41 plus minutes of playingtime vs Bobcats, with 6th man Jason Kidd receiving 21 minutes of playingtime.
    Do the Math!!!
    Uhhhh your math is off....Melo, JR,Feltip....resting....STAT/Kmart injured....Your backups "who won the division" getting shot out by the Bobcats....NBA active rosters are still 12 guys right....SO what 9 guys was Woody supposed to play????? Do the MATH again and try taking your SHOES OFF when you run out of fingers

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,033
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Naw, I'm sure Woody looked disgusted while they were launching those bricks. Those were the backups you gave credit over Melo "the leadership of J Kidd" lol.... Why do you think J Kidd gets those wide open three's???? Because teams roll their defense to account for the LEAGUE's LEADING SCORER.
    The only thing Woody could be disgusted about is playing himself into the position he is in right now heading into the postseason games, with optimistic fans & owner looking foward to an ECF .. Woody cant rest all his starters & 6th man the final two games of the season like the Miami Heat.
    The Miami Heat rest their starting 6 men, and gave 15 plus minutes each to 9 players (9 man rotation) vs the Cavs, which equal 15 healthy Miami Heat players for the postseason games.

    Should coach Woodson be disgusted at only having 6 players for a 48 minute game?
    Where 5 of those players receive career-high in playingtime minutes last night?

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,033
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Uhhhh your math is off....Melo, JR,Feltip....resting....STAT/Kmart injured....Your backups "who won the division" getting shot out by the Bobcats....NBA active rosters are still 12 guys right....SO what 9 guys was Woody supposed to play????? Do the MATH again and try taking your SHOES OFF when you run out of fingers
    ReRead .... every NBA Team played a 9 (or more) man rotation lastnight EXCEPT the Knicks (6 man rotation).

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,033
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Jim.... Im curious, do u think it was a good thing to waive Kurt Thomas this late in the season?
    Yes?
    No?

    could Kurt postseason experience help teammates by being apart of the bench/lockerroom/practice/and travel?
    Yes?
    No?

    Or having Solomon Jones is a much better decision heading into the postseason?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 31, 2013, 12:58
  2. Replies: 189
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2012, 15:31
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2009, 14:12
  4. Charlotte Bobcats vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/27
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2008, 11:13
  5. New York Knicks vs Charlotte Bobcats Game Thread 12/21
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2007, 21:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •