Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks sign Quentin Richardson??

Superstar

Default Knicks sign Quentin Richardson??

Trying to find further confirmation but they're reporting it over on the Insidehoops forum:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't get this. We just let Solomon Jones walk and Sheed may have broken down again last night...Don't we need a big man more? Chandler/Martin/Camby must all be doing better. And maybe Sheed's ok and we can chalk up last night to regular post-surgery soreness. Where's he playing -- not over Shump and JR and we know Melo's gonna be going 35-40 mins a night. Plus I want Copeland playing. If Q-Rich eats into Cope's mins. I'm gonna be pissed. Cope needs to play. Isn't that why we have James White -- as an emergency swingman??? Not sure I understand this signing.

q rich is there to lay a jab on Kg if needed

Superstar

I know he and Pierce don't get along at all going back years...But what's he gonna do -- start poppin' off from the bench talking junk to Pierce? Lol. Better hope that **** doesn't backfire and fire Pierce up I tell you that. Pointless signing if you ask me. I would've went with some more big man insurance.

For that I would of traded White to OKC or flat out released him, kept Brewer instead of now having Q....

Sheeds health must not be a big concern going forward if they dropped Jones and picked up another swing man/2 guard. Hopefully this means they're confident that Martin, Chandler, Camby, Sheed, etc will be healthy for playoff run......maybe even STAT too for the 2nd round at worst (cause were defiantly kicking Boston's ass round 1!).

not a bad signing if he can play in the postseason... plus , if you don't want to see Shump, JR, Kidd, prigioni, felton.. get hurt or get tired.. we can use Q Rich ... to defend the perimeter with fresh legs

Veteran

It's all over Twitter so I guess it's official but this ain't the Q of the Phoenix Suns days. Noticable drop in his 3 pt shooting in his later years and he hasn't played in how many months? What do they expect of him with a couple of practices before the playoffs, don't get some of these signings lately.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

iono...seems like a pointless move.

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    For that I would of traded White to OKC or flat out released him, kept Brewer instead of now having Q....

Sheeds health must not be a big concern going forward if they dropped Jones and picked up another swing man/2 guard. Hopefully this means they're confident that Martin, Chandler, Camby, Sheed, etc will be healthy for playoff run......maybe even STAT too for the 2nd round at worst (cause were defiantly kicking Boston's ass round 1!).

Not sure about the BIGS. First my medical opinion is that if Tyson has a herniated disc or a partial herniation {bulging}disc reinjury is really easy. These things don't heal in 6-8 weeks. Martin should be OK but if he was 100% he would have played in Charlotte and we might have won that game. Wallace looks awful. Hit his first shot but was not mobil or defending the rim.
    Camby is USELESS period. So it means heavy minutes for TYSON..he must and if health can shut down KG.

Veteran

Originally Posted by DrB
    Not sure about the BIGS. First my medical opinion is that if Tyson has a herniated disc or a partial herniation {bulging}disc reinjury is really easy. These things don't heal in 6-8 weeks. Martin should be OK but if he was 100% he would have played in Charlotte and we might have won that game. Wallace looks awful. Hit his first shot but was not mobil or defending the rim.
    Camby is USELESS period. So it means heavy minutes for TYSON..he must and if health can shut down KG.

I like the move...

this guy reminds me slump of Knicks Cantoni style shoot just 3s play no d .

Superstar

I like the move. I'd rather q rich in whatever shape he's in then james white

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

Shump was awful last night. I imagine they had a look at Q before they signed him, maybe he knocked down 20 of 20 threes and Woody's eyes lit up.

Must like Melo as a 4. Already got a little used wing in White.

Hopefully it's just great medical reports on Chandler, Camby, Wallace, Amare and Martin.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I think it's too early to give up on Camby, especially to call him useless. He just hasn't been at full health this season and anytime he took the court was when he was at 60% health.

Combine the slow grind of playoff basketball, the longer TV timeouts, and the length of off dates between games....at least first round, will definitely help us avoid having to go too far down the bench.