Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS, Knicks sign Earl Barron

can he shot ft's ?

Veteran

Originally Posted by bigapple
    can he shot ft's ?
    Career .719 pct. Not bad.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

He's also a career 37% FG shooter for a 7 foot man...which makes everything awkward for me. We know he can hit a mid range shot, but how many will he miss?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    All these retirements, waives, signings ....awaited arrival of Chandler/Martin/Camby will it mess up our team chemistry? Too much changes within a week and the playoffs are this weekend...can Knicks hold it together? Celtics are a weak team and I don't expect any challenge from them, but my main concern is this team's preparation for the playoffs.
    Just my opinion....If Tyson Chandler is 100% heathy and I doubt that then he should make it through the playoff with K MART backing him up. This season saw nothing from WALLACE after the 18-5 start and nothing from CAMBY who is worthless. Then all the signings of late are meaningless.

Veteran

Originally Posted by DrB
    Just my opinion....If Tyson Chandler is 100% heathy and I doubt that then he should make it through the playoff with K MART backing him up. This season saw nothing from WALLACE after the 18-5 start and nothing from CAMBY who is worthless. Then all the signings of late are meaningless.

I think your wrong. Having Camby, Qrich and earl Barron ( 7 feet ) on the bench in the case that Kmart and Chandler get hurt is a nice back up plan..........

jumpers like Duncan Gasol Paul and Marc like Jeff Green is simply most efective and Knicks have just 2 guys which can shoot that MELO and JR but JR is irreagular. But 7 footers can shoot also hooks which even Chanlder isnt doin that.Hope for Barron .

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I think your wrong. Having Camby, Qrich and earl Barron ( 7 feet ) on the bench in the case that Kmart and Chandler get hurt is a nice back up plan..........
    Quentin Richardson is not a BIG he's a perimeter defender . Camby is WORTHLESS...I don't know what part of that sentence you don't get and Barron was cut by the WIZARDS so let me be clear ..if the 3 signings are not just bench fodder and need to play major minutes now then where are we going in the playoffs. Your endorsed backup plan sucks and God willing we won't have to go there EVER.
    Hope that clarifies my point... the additions are fine as replacements for WALLACE, CAMBY, and THOMAS etc. SIMPLY PUT...we need a healthy Tyson for 30 min and a healthy K Mart for the 10-12 additional minutes at the 5. If we need to depend on BARRON I will give you my season tickets.

Exactly, he's an emergency body so god forbid if all our bigs go down (again) we don't have to start Melo at C.

As long as we keep the ball out of his hands, Yeah, a good addition.

Why has earl barron not been able to get a permanent roster spot on an nba team, hes long athletic, moves well, rebounds and blocks shots, and isn't afraid to mix it up. I don't get it it. From the few games I have seen him play he seems potentially able to do the same thing a timofey mozgof could do, I mean brian scalibrine got long term contracts for two competitive nets and bulls teams over the years and youre telling me this 7 footer cant get a 3 year minimum deal ? is he really less serviceable than a dexter pittman ? or a dan gadzuric ? lol im just saying he doesn't seem useless at all out there tonight. already has had a game that trumps many other of our ageless big men who have given us spot minutes through out the season. Ill be honest with you he has done more than camby in one game than camby has done all season.

It's the final game of the season against a team that's resting it's entire starting 5 and we are resting our entire starting 5. I could shine in that game

Dude I never said omg amazing wow barron exciting woo hooo but 11 pnts 17 rebounds after sitting out all year against any NBA opponent is saying something. u don't just get handed 17 rebounds after a years worth of rest, it says this guy has timing, and positioning and athleticism to rebound at a high rate. I am just surprised that he hasn't been signed by a team over the last few years, I could see so many teams including the Miami heat who have limited centers latching onto this guy for a body during the playoffs. Its just weird to me

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

His rebounding is average and shot blocking is very below average.

Averages under 9 rebounds per 36 minutes and .5 blocks per 36 minutes.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Dude I never said omg amazing wow barron exciting woo hooo but 11 pnts 17 rebounds after sitting out all year against any NBA opponent is saying something. u don't just get handed 17 rebounds after a years worth of rest, it says this guy has timing, and positioning and athleticism to rebound at a high rate. I am just surprised that he hasn't been signed by a team over the last few years, I could see so many teams including the Miami heat who have limited centers latching onto this guy for a body during the playoffs. Its just weird to me
    It's not saying anything... Mike Scott had 23 points 14 rebs... Who is Mike Scott? Exactly.

It was a throwaway game for both teams that meant absolutely nothing. May as well have been a pickup game.

Camby has done more for this teams meaningful season in 2 minutes than Earl Barron did tonight.

I make threads on Earl Barron! Lol Solid mobile center right here... I was at the game tonight he was real active on the boards with 18 rebounds and like 12 points. Good bench player....

I hope Woody gives Copeland minutes off the bench, kids been ballin hes a good scoring punch...