BREAKING NEWS, Knicks sign Earl Barron

bigapple

Starter
jumpers like Duncan Gasol Paul and Marc like Jeff Green is simply most efective and Knicks have just 2 guys which can shoot that MELO and JR but JR is irreagular. But 7 footers can shoot also hooks which even Chanlder isnt doin that.Hope for Barron .

DrB

Benchwarmer
I think your wrong. Having Camby, Qrich and earl Barron ( 7 feet ) on the bench in the case that Kmart and Chandler get hurt is a nice back up plan..........
Quentin Richardson is not a BIG he's a perimeter defender . Camby is WORTHLESS...I don't know what part of that sentence you don't get and Barron was cut by the WIZARDS so let me be clear ..if the 3 signings are not just bench fodder and need to play major minutes now then where are we going in the playoffs. Your endorsed backup plan sucks and God willing we won't have to go there EVER.
Hope that clarifies my point... the additions are fine as replacements for WALLACE, CAMBY, and THOMAS etc. SIMPLY PUT...we need a healthy Tyson for 30 min and a healthy K Mart for the 10-12 additional minutes at the 5. If we need to depend on BARRON I will give you my season tickets.

smokes

Huge Member
Exactly, he's an emergency body so god forbid if all our bigs go down (again) we don't have to start Melo at C.

Why has earl barron not been able to get a permanent roster spot on an nba team, hes long athletic, moves well, rebounds and blocks shots, and isn't afraid to mix it up. I don't get it it. From the few games I have seen him play he seems potentially able to do the same thing a timofey mozgof could do, I mean brian scalibrine got long term contracts for two competitive nets and bulls teams over the years and youre telling me this 7 footer cant get a 3 year minimum deal ? is he really less serviceable than a dexter pittman ? or a dan gadzuric ? lol im just saying he doesn't seem useless at all out there tonight. already has had a game that trumps many other of our ageless big men who have given us spot minutes through out the season. Ill be honest with you he has done more than camby in one game than camby has done all season.

smokes

Huge Member
It's the final game of the season against a team that's resting it's entire starting 5 and we are resting our entire starting 5. I could shine in that game :lol:

Dude I never said omg amazing wow barron exciting woo hooo but 11 pnts 17 rebounds after sitting out all year against any NBA opponent is saying something. u don't just get handed 17 rebounds after a years worth of rest, it says this guy has timing, and positioning and athleticism to rebound at a high rate. I am just surprised that he hasn't been signed by a team over the last few years, I could see so many teams including the Miami heat who have limited centers latching onto this guy for a body during the playoffs. Its just weird to me

metrocard

Legend
His rebounding is average and shot blocking is very below average.

Averages under 9 rebounds per 36 minutes and .5 blocks per 36 minutes.

smokes

Huge Member
Dude I never said omg amazing wow barron exciting woo hooo but 11 pnts 17 rebounds after sitting out all year against any NBA opponent is saying something. u don't just get handed 17 rebounds after a years worth of rest, it says this guy has timing, and positioning and athleticism to rebound at a high rate. I am just surprised that he hasn't been signed by a team over the last few years, I could see so many teams including the Miami heat who have limited centers latching onto this guy for a body during the playoffs. Its just weird to me

It's not saying anything... Mike Scott had 23 points 14 rebs... Who is Mike Scott? Exactly.

It was a throwaway game for both teams that meant absolutely nothing. May as well have been a pickup game.

Camby has done more for this teams meaningful season in 2 minutes than Earl Barron did tonight.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I make threads on Earl Barron! Lol Solid mobile center right here... I was at the game tonight he was real active on the boards with 18 rebounds and like 12 points. Good bench player....

I hope Woody gives Copeland minutes off the bench, kids been ballin hes a good scoring punch...

Smokes you're still missing the point I was trying to make. I wasn't emphasizing this one gm as being amazing. I was stating. How over the years has he proven to be effective as a deep bench big and not been signed by an NBA team yet. I see no difference between him and a mahimi or mozgof or any other 5 MPG back up center. That was all I'm saying. this is why I stopped posting on here. Because people don't really read read. They just skim through spot out what they wanna argue about and argue. I know last night was a throw away gm. But this isn't the first time earl has shown he can be effective. He deserves a minimum deal.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

smokes

Huge Member
Actually you're saying several different things and I'm just addressing some of them.

You don't understand why he hasn't been signed to a contract, he hasn't done anything deserving of being signed to a contract. How has he proved any worth as a deep bench big exactly? The only times he's ever put up numbers that aren't trash is during stints of extended playing time (not bench minutes) when teams have been desperate.

There are plenty of differences between Earl and the other guys you mention. Barron is 31, 7'0 but skinny as hell with no shotblocking ability.

Mozgov, Mahinmi, and bigs similar to them are young, with true C bodies and the potential to actually blossom into real bench assets or more. Comparison to Scalabrine is silly as Scalabrine had range out to beyond the 3pt line which is always a big plus where big men are involved.

I'm aware you weren't emphasizing the game as being amazing, you just stated that his contributions in this ONE THROWAWAY GAME are bigger than "many of our ageless bigs" which is ridiculous. Sheed, Camby and KMart have contributed more to this Knicks team in a handful of injury-ridden games than Barron has contributed to all the teams in his entire career.

You do realize this is a forum right? A place to discuss and debate. How exactly is this an argument? Just because I'm challenging things you say that I have a differing opinion on doesn't make it an argument. If you're so sensitive that you don't wanna be here because people disagree with you, then an internet forum isn't the place to be brother.

p0nder

Starter
Hmmm, While I don't think Earl is deserving of a vet. min contract offer I do see his value on an NBA court. In past stints with the Knicks he was pretty good and proved that he can still run and play effectively as evidenced last night, throw away game or not. I honestly think he will give us more then Camby will at this point. That could be due to a difference in mindset by woody and camby or because of camby's fitness level or both. But I am certain that Baron will get more minutes then camby in the playoffs.

I also have high hopes that he will be an effective contributor, too. 31 isn't that old, he's been playing ball and staying in shape (skinny as that shape may be) and he knows the offense and his role. Solid, underrated pick up for the playoffs. Not going to give what Sheed may have been able to if healthy but he is a good stop gap solution.