The starting lineup for Game 1?

tiger0330

Legend
All indications are that Prigs will miss some time because of that ankle sprain and TC said he feels great and the bulging disc was a blessing in disguise because his legs feel fresh from the rest. So it looks like Copeland may start in place of Prigs.

All year Woody has played with improvised lineups that have worked but starting Shump at SG and Copeland at SF may be the best combo he's put on the floor to date. Copeland has been impressive playing starters minutes in the last two games and while Woody is non-committal on Cope starting I think it's a ploy not to tip his hand to the Celts. How can he ignore Cope's performance? He may be a rookie not used to playoff pressure but I think you have to use him.

Starting Lineup

PG Raymond Felton
SG Iman Shumpert
SF Chris Copeland
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Tyson Chandler

uber

Benchwarmer
I would much rather like to see Prigs starting but i can live with Shump sliding down at the 2 and Cope getting starter minutes.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Starting Lineup

PG Raymond Felton
SG Iman Shumpert
SF Chris Copeland
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Tyson Chandler

I like that starting lineup most and better than inserting Kidd as the starting 2. What about:
felton
shump
melo
martin
chandler
(I don't think Woodson would do this with the way Melo has done at the 4.)

New New York

Quiet Storm
I kinda like the lineup but hate making a drastic move like this for Game 1...but Cope will space the floor for Melo as well as providing driving room for Raymond on penetrations with his ability to hit open J's. I like Shump at the 2 more than the 3

But I did like Copeland simply being a spark along with JR to create fits for the 2nd unit which is where we will pull away from Boston.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
in6cYouHTmHg.gif

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
If Prig is not available, here is my starting lineup:
Felton
JR
Copeland
Melo
Tyson
I am not impressed with Shumperts offense at all. His defense is not as good as it was last year due to lack of lateral movement after that surgery i think.
On the other hand, JR is as good defensively right now, and his offense is about 100 times better. This is my reason to take Shump out from the starting lineup. Its time to start JR.
Very impeessed with Copelanss offense, he can shoot from any distance, he can drive, he can dunk, he can do pretty much everything offensively and is getting better on D. Sometimes he looks unstoppable, lol.
I really think he is our second best offensive weapon. Yes, better than JR.

uber

Benchwarmer
If Prig is not available, here is my starting lineup:
Felton
JR
Copeland
Melo
Tyson
I am not impressed with Shumperts offense at all. His defense is not as good as it was last year due to lack of lateral movement after the surgery i think.
On the other hand, JR is as good defensively right now, and his offense is about 100 times better. This is my reason to take Shump out from the starting lineup.
Very impeessed with Copelanss offense, he can shoot from any distance, he can drive, he can dunk, he can do pretty much everything offensively and is getting better on D. Sometimes he looks unstoppable, lol.
I really think he is our second best offensive weapon. Yes, better than JR.

Ok and who should be the go-to-guy from our 2nd unit? JR coming off the bench brought him into the discussion for the 6th man of the year award. It would make absolutely no sense for woodson to suddenly start JR and give up a solid scoring threat from the bench.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Ok and who should be the go-to-guy from our 2nd unit? JR coming off the bench brought him into the discussion for the 6th man of the year award. It would make absolutely no sense for woodson to suddenly start JR and give up a solid scoring threat from the bench.

It is time to play for the ultimate award, which is a championship.
If you can play your best players from the getgo, then you do that.
This way we dont fall behind on the scoreboard from the beginning.
Also, if JR takes ill advised shots, or his shot is off, take him out, bring KMart. This way you improve your D, and still have enough offensive firepower.

tiger0330

Legend
Woody is pretty stubborn about having JR come off the bench but maybe he changes his mind or plays KMart at the 4 instead of Melo. Highly doubt it though, if Cope doesn't rate the start I think Kidd starts in place of Prigs.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
If i have to guess, Woodson will start Kidd in place of Prig, which would be a big mistake IMO

Yeah I am almost certain Kidd gets the start if Prigs is out, judging by how Woodson has used his players in lineups and rotations this season.

I am 100% fine with JR coming off the bench.....I would like to see how a lineup would do with Kmart at the 4, Melo 3 and Shump 2 but doubt it happens unless Woodson has no other choice.

As long as we're relatively healthy we're kickin the sht outta the Celtics regardless of who starts IMO anyways. I don't underestimate the Celtics, it's just others underestimate the Knicks IMO.

petescud

Starter
I think Cope is getting better each game. Don't mind him starting or JR with either as 6th man...Can you believe we still get no respect. Bleacher report has this series going 7 games

Rob Low

Rotation player
If i have to guess, Woodson will start Kidd in place of Prig, which would be a big mistake IMO

Woody said there's no chance Kidd starts because he only has 2 PGs and it wouldn't make sense to start them both. He said he's starting either Cope or White(to defend Green)

tiger0330

Legend
Woody said there's no chance Kidd starts because he only has 2 PGs and it wouldn't make sense to start them both. He said he's starting either Cope or White(to defend Green)
Actually White looked surprisingly good. Showed me a one dribble fake and turnaround J against Henderson that he made, didn't know he had an O game like that.

I'd still use Cope but if Woody goes with Flight because he's a better defender then so be it.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Actually White looked surprisingly good. Showed me a one dribble fake and turnaround J against Henderson that he made, didn't know he had an O game like that.

I'd still use Cope but if Woody goes with Flight because he's a better defender then so be it.

If i'm Woody I start Cope and let him guard Bass. Let Melo guard Green and put Shump on Pierce.

New New York

Quiet Storm

Defensive matchups could not be too much a priority if Pablo was gonna start, I suspect Zones and Trap D

If Woody goes to a lineup for one on one D then Q Rich is better than White...not saying either should start or even play this series but Q Rich will do better than White

Again neither has earned a right to play but if they did play expect no more than 12 mins and Q will give more not to mention the intimidation factor

But again if Pablo is out Kmart at 4 makes most sense

Melo would get Green in foul trouble and Shump can hold Pierce at this stage. Tyson keeps Garnett in check (although he's not a scorer anymore and Bass is shutdown by KMart

Seba

Benchwarmer
Defensive matchups could not be too much a priority if Pablo was gonna start, I suspect Zones and Trap D

If Woody goes to a lineup for one on one D then Q Rich is better than White...not saying either should start or even play this series but Q Rich will do better than White

Again neither has earned a right to play but if they did play expect no more than 12 mins and Q will give more not to mention the intimidation factor

But again if Pablo is out Kmart at 4 makes most sense

Melo would get Green in foul trouble and Shump can hold Pierce at this stage. Tyson keeps Garnett in check (although he's not a scorer anymore and Bass is shutdown by KMart

It's not a bad idea, except for the fact that Kenyon and Tyson can't play many minutes together (if any), because there's no other available enforcer down the block and you never really know how many minutes they can give you, because of foul trouble.
Also, Woodson has all but guaranteed that Melo would start at the 4. He's also said that he expects Melo (not Shump, tho he didn't mention him) to guard the other team's best player (AKA PP). I suppose all of this means he's going to start Copeland, who is also a matchup problem for the celts, at the 3 with the Brandon Bass assignment.

I see two evident downsides to this:
1- Pierce really knows how to get a player in foul trouble, specially Melo.
2- Copeland is a liability in terms of ball handling. He turns the ball over often and that could ignite the Boston team early in the game.

All in all, I do think it is the best choice.

Man, I can't wait any longer!!!!!!:gony: