Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The starting lineup for Game 1?

Superstar

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    If i have to guess, Woodson will start Kidd in place of Prig, which would be a big mistake IMO
    Woody said there's no chance Kidd starts because he only has 2 PGs and it wouldn't make sense to start them both. He said he's starting either Cope or White(to defend Green)

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Woody said there's no chance Kidd starts because he only has 2 PGs and it wouldn't make sense to start them both. He said he's starting either Cope or White(to defend Green)
    Actually White looked surprisingly good. Showed me a one dribble fake and turnaround J against Henderson that he made, didn't know he had an O game like that.

I'd still use Cope but if Woody goes with Flight because he's a better defender then so be it.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Actually White looked surprisingly good. Showed me a one dribble fake and turnaround J against Henderson that he made, didn't know he had an O game like that.

I'd still use Cope but if Woody goes with Flight because he's a better defender then so be it.
    If i'm Woody I start Cope and let him guard Bass. Let Melo guard Green and put Shump on Pierce.

Originally Posted by tiger0330

Defensive matchups could not be too much a priority if Pablo was gonna start, I suspect Zones and Trap D

If Woody goes to a lineup for one on one D then Q Rich is better than White...not saying either should start or even play this series but Q Rich will do better than White

Again neither has earned a right to play but if they did play expect no more than 12 mins and Q will give more not to mention the intimidation factor

But again if Pablo is out Kmart at 4 makes most sense

Melo would get Green in foul trouble and Shump can hold Pierce at this stage. Tyson keeps Garnett in check (although he's not a scorer anymore and Bass is shutdown by KMart

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by New New York
    Defensive matchups could not be too much a priority if Pablo was gonna start, I suspect Zones and Trap D

If Woody goes to a lineup for one on one D then Q Rich is better than White...not saying either should start or even play this series but Q Rich will do better than White

Again neither has earned a right to play but if they did play expect no more than 12 mins and Q will give more not to mention the intimidation factor

But again if Pablo is out Kmart at 4 makes most sense

Melo would get Green in foul trouble and Shump can hold Pierce at this stage. Tyson keeps Garnett in check (although he's not a scorer anymore and Bass is shutdown by KMart
    It's not a bad idea, except for the fact that Kenyon and Tyson can't play many minutes together (if any), because there's no other available enforcer down the block and you never really know how many minutes they can give you, because of foul trouble.
    Also, Woodson has all but guaranteed that Melo would start at the 4. He's also said that he expects Melo (not Shump, tho he didn't mention him) to guard the other team's best player (AKA PP). I suppose all of this means he's going to start Copeland, who is also a matchup problem for the celts, at the 3 with the Brandon Bass assignment.

I see two evident downsides to this:
    1- Pierce really knows how to get a player in foul trouble, specially Melo.
    2- Copeland is a liability in terms of ball handling. He turns the ball over often and that could ignite the Boston team early in the game.

All in all, I do think it is the best choice.

Man, I can't wait any longer!!!!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by deamon
    JR has to come from bench, like Terry did 2 years ago.

In the Boston series
    Felton
    Shump
    Q.Brick
    Melo
    Tyson
    6th JR
    7th K-Mart
    8th Kidd
    9th Copeland
    10th Novak

In the Pacers series
    Felton
    JR
    Melo
    K-Mart
    Tyson
    6th Shumpert
    7th Kidd
    8th Copeland
    9th Q.Brick
    10th Novak

Knicks win both series in 6 games

Veteran

What Boston got.........
    Doc Rivers 9+ Man-rotation using a 3 PF lineup for defense or 3 guard lineup for offense

Center
    6.11 KG

PF
    6.8 Bass
    6.9 Green
    6.10 Wilcox
    6.10 Shavlic
    6.10 DJ White

SF
    Pierce
    T.Williams

SG