2013 Playoffs - Round 1 Game 1 / Knicks vs Celtics - 04/20

rady

Administrator
Staff member

playoffs_header.png

nykbos_1.jpg

Hello and welcome to the 2013 NBA Playoffs Game 1 between our New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics!

The last time New York won a playoff series was so long ago that none of the players that started (Ward, Houston, Sprewell, Johnson, Ewing) are still active today in the NBA.
It was however one of the most memorable moments with the Knicks upsetting the Heat for the 3rd straight time in a playoff series, in Miami!
97319424-new-york-knicks-latrell-sprewell-isnt-gettyimages.jpg

(Photo by Linda Cataffo/NY Daily News Archive via Getty Images)

The last time New York faced the Celtics in a playoff series was 2 years ago. Needless to say, the 6th seed Knicks got swept in a controversial series that only brought more hate on the green!

113145930-carmelo-anthony-of-the-new-york-knicks-gets-gettyimages.jpg

(Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)

The most awaited game of the season comes after one of the best months New York is going through:

- Melo is the regular season scoring leader with 28.7 PPG
- Cope has been named rookie of the month
- Woody has been named NBA coach of the month
- The Knicks are 8-2 in April but they also closed the regular season with a 16-2 record
- Earl Barron is back in Manhattan!

New York went 3-1 in the regular season against Boston and a loss in game 1 would be hard to swallow.

Former Knick, Antonio Davis at ESPN previews the series:

Also, a random fact to get you pumped / the Knicks motivated for the game:
40 years ago on this day, our last championship year, New York defeated Boston 98-91 to take a 2-1 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals!

Starting lineups:
NYK:

BOS:

LET'S GO NEW YORK!

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Nice!!!!

I forgot today is 4/20....perfect since we're gonna smoke there ass!

Sent from my LG-P999

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
After two unsuccessful playoff campaigns this season I'm looking forward to see what this team is capable of. And we're facing our ancient rival, damn I'm so freaking pumped! #KnicksTape

We need to get out strong in Game 1 and reinforce what even Kevin Garnett has been saying, which is that we're the better team. Injuries or not, we have no excuse to let this barely above 0.500 team get any confidence that they can beat us. Nothing from the regular season matters right now, only game by game shedding of our reputation as playoff punks that we've built over the last decade. Let's go Knicks!

CoolClyde

key to the game: stop Paula Pierceclit!
that bitch needs to be guarded tighter than a fat lady's bikini,
especially on the perimeter. I want to see her crying and lying
on the floor, wah wah wah. I want to see the Knicks retire her
number! fu*ck that cu*nt!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
This is an important game. We cannot let the Celtics "steal" this one. An unrelated observation: Melo, JR and Felton have taken more than half of all the shots during the season. Melo 1489, JR 1249 and Felton 882. No one else has half as many shots as Felton. The combined shooting percentage of Melo, JR and Felton is .435. The combined shooting percentage for the rest of the current team is .470.