2013 Playoffs - Round 1 Game 1 / Knicks vs Celtics - 04/20

finestrg

Rotation player
Excellent win if for no other reason -- we got it not playing anywhere close to our A game...The clamp-down defense in the 4th pulled us through...Now for the bad news -- we can't expect to play like we did today and expect to win playoff games...Man did we stink for the most part or what??? Wow..Let's keep it real. Melo needs help on offense -- simple as that. Outside of Melo, everyone just plays so Goddamn tight on offense it isn't even funny. Ray Felton -- WTF is up with you buddy?!? TAKE THE ****ING BALL TO THE BASKET!! Jesus...If Bradley's on him and shuts down the drive, ok, swing it but if Terry or Pierce jumps out on him, Ray's eyes should be lightin' up like it's Christmas morning -- he's gotta take either of those guys off the dribble. Period. Woody's gotta DEMAND that from him. If he doesn't buck up and use his speed to get in the teeth of that defense, he can sit for all I care...and I love Ray!! Very simple -- Chandler can continue to sit if he's not gonna bring it or cant because of injury -- I'd be ok rotating Martin and Barron. I thought Chandler looked lost out there. I know he's not 100% but F it -- this is playoff basketball now and we're chasing the dream. If you can't go step aside. If you don't want to play your heart out for whatever reason, then you can sit. And with JR --- Smith trying to create 20-25' away with this kid Bradley all over him isn't the way to go. Bradley takes that right away. It's a turnover or bad shot waiting to happen. Make the adjustment! They need to devise a way to get Smith the ball a hell of a lot closer to the basket in that matchup this way JR can use the height differential to his advantage. Post up JR on that kid!!! Nice win regardless. Got the 1st one under our belts -- now relax and come out looser and more confident in game 2. LET'S GO!!!

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Excellent win if for no other reason -- we got it not playing anywhere close to our A game...The clamp-down defense in the 4th pulled us through...Now for the bad news -- we can't expect to play like we did today and expect to win playoff games...Man did we stink for the most part or what??? Wow..Let's keep it real. Melo needs help on offense -- simple as that. Outside of Melo, everyone just plays so Goddamn tight on offense it isn't even funny. Ray Felton -- WTF is up with you buddy?!? TAKE THE ****ING BALL TO THE BASKET!! Jesus...If Bradley's on him and shuts down the drive, ok, swing it but if Terry or Pierce jumps out on him, Ray's eyes should be lightin' up like it's Christmas morning -- he's gotta take either of those guys off the dribble. Period. Woody's gotta DEMAND that from him. If he doesn't buck up and use his speed to get in the teeth of that defense, he can sit for all I care...and I love Ray!! Very simple -- Chandler can continue to sit if he's not gonna bring it or cant because of injury -- I'd be ok rotating Martin and Barron. I thought Chandler looked lost out there. I know he's not 100% but F it -- this is playoff basketball now and we're chasing the dream. If you can't go step aside. If you don't want to play your heart out for whatever reason, then you can sit. And with JR --- Smith trying to create 20-25' away with this kid Bradley all over him isn't the way to go. Bradley takes that right away. It's a turnover or bad shot waiting to happen. Make the adjustment! They need to devise a way to get Smith the ball a hell of a lot closer to the basket in that matchup this way JR can use the height differential to his advantage. Post up JR on that kid!!! Nice win regardless. Got the 1st one under our belts -- now relax and come out looser and more confident in game 2. LET'S GO!!!

Nahhhh.

Said it before on paper Knicks in 5 but in the WWE errrr NBA expect some outright BS. NBA has no shame, Knicks vs Boston a ratings monster, Stern and his refs are going to do what ever it takes to ensure this goes 7. Likes of Bradly and Green are/will be given the royal Dan Majerle like treatment.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Excellant evaluation and I only answered this after I read the MORONIC nah below. There are some of the dumbest fans here..good hearts and PEA BRAINS...the KNICKS SUCKED in the first half and defeated an old winded Celtic team. I was thinking that if this team is , MY TEAM, is talking a championship I gotta see what I saw in the 4th quarter for 4 quarters.

CoolClyde

Nice win! the MSG crowd was pretty intense for key moments in this game,
fully appreciating Melo's O, the team D, and especially Kenyon of Heroes Martin.

not many posters have given props to K-man's game, especially with Chandler
going out after that stupid technical. a phenomenal block, key putbacks, and
great defense really turned this game to Knicks favor in 4Q.

3Q was a good example of what could happen when iso Melo and Junior Swish
shoot and shoot and don't hit, Boston goes up by 7.

But damn, that 4Q Defensity, combined with Melo getting his shot back,
and JKidd making play after play, one of the best offensive rebounding
guards in the game...

After a hot first half by Garknee, Pierceclit and Jefferson Greenbacks,
Knicks really clamped down on all 3.

Junior Switch with an amazing dunk, scoop shot and several key plays
make up for a brief stretch where he was shooting and missing, not a
good time to revert back to his old self.

But major props to the entire team, and coach Wood Son, for recognizing
Celt'dicks were more aggressive than Knicks and getting his team back on
the right defensive track, led by the Kmarkable Martini.

1 down, 3 to go.

go NY go NY go.

jimkcchief88

All Star
And Bullies getting shot out; Our Mellowfellow MVP candidate with a "quiet" 36 points :) but the defense chant brought me back to why I became a Knicks fan! WOW pitched a playoff shutout in the 4th; that's what it's all about! JR reppin sprees' old number well welcome back#8:)

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Excellant evaluation and I only answered this after I read the MORONIC nah below. There are some of the dumbest fans here..good hearts and PEA BRAINS...the KNICKS SUCKED in the first half and defeated an old winded Celtic team. I was thinking that if this team is , MY TEAM, is talking a championship I gotta see what I saw in the 4th quarter for 4 quarters.

First of all read all my posts before opening your yap.

NBA refs are a joke , if your poor little heart can't take that too fookin bad. Green and Bradly were allowed to hold and hand check the living hell out of the Knicks all game. When you're a jump shooting team such as the Knicks it takes time to adapt to the seismic change from regular season officiating and that of the playoffs.

Knicks sucked in first half...REALLY....Look at this clown. Held Paula and Big Mouth under 10 points in the first half yet in your mind that=sucks...GTFO!!!!!!!. Listen princess refs kept the 'heroic' Celtics in this game. 19 FT for the Celtics to the Knicks 15. Green driving to the basket getting LBJ like treatment but Copeland hacked to pieces and shock 0 FT , JR only 1 FT, Shump only 2 FT. FFS Courtney Lee had more FT than 6 Knick players, Lee had almost as many FT as Melo...JOKE!!!!!!!

BTW +- FOR Celtics -7 Green, - 8 Bradley, -8 KG and yet Knicks only win by 7...WHY???

metrocard

Legend

Good post

20130420_JRSmiff1.gif

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice win! the MSG crowd was pretty intense for key moments in this game,
fully appreciating Melo's O, the team D, and especially Kenyon of Heroes Martin.

not many posters have given props to K-man's game, especially with Chandler
going out after that stupid technical. a phenomenal block, key putbacks, and
great defense really turned this game to Knicks favor in 4Q.

3Q was a good example of what could happen when iso Melo and Junior Swish
shoot and shoot and don't hit, Boston goes up by 7.

But damn, that 4Q Defensity, combined with Melo getting his shot back,
and JKidd making play after play, one of the best offensive rebounding
guards in the game...

After a hot first half by Garknee, Pierceclit and Jefferson Greenbacks,
Knicks really clamped down on all 3.

Junior Switch with an amazing dunk, scoop shot and several key plays
make up for a brief stretch where he was shooting and missing, not a
good time to revert back to his old self.

But major props to the entire team, and coach Wood Son, for recognizing
Celt'dicks were more aggressive than Knicks and getting his team back on
the right defensive track, led by the Kmarkable Martini.

1 down, 3 to go.

go NY go NY go.

:agreed:
Nice win .. I wish we wouldve move the ball around more, and not let the celtics outscore (take advantage of) us for our 3 quarters of poor-defense. The outstanding 4th quarter we looked more relax with K-Mart defense on both-side of the court LOL .. I wanted Tyson to get 1 or 2 alley-oop in the first quarter by Felton, Tyson didnt take a shot this game. Knicks in 6
:smokin::gony: :smokin:
Golden State (Mark Jackson & David Lee) 7 man rotation lead by Curry almost pulled a win on the Nuggets, but Denver deep-bench of Miller at the point came up with 49 bench points for the win (without Faried & Gallo).
Denver in 6

Booklyn Nets Deron & Lopez Bigman-ball won the game over the Chicago Bulls at halftime with a 25 point lead.
Chicago didnt come to Barkley Center to win. Brooklyn in 5

Memphis Grizz are force to play a 10 man rotation so not to get confuse or aghuasted by the Cliippers cohesive 2nd unit who added 49 bench-points for the win. Clippers in 6

bigapple

Starter
like Kenny S said too many 1on1 ball

this is just 25% job done

tuesdays game is must win game from 2-0 very few teams came back last one was OKC

look @ Brooklyn what they done to Bulls that was their 3rd straight victory over Bulls

i am tellin this reading NBA history that teams that allways won game 1 won series 76%

so if Brooklyn will win their series they are hitting straight into Heat while entire ESPN stuff tellin well even Le James says too that Heat - Bucks it will be 4 games holidays typical disrespect

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Exellent and very important win. Celdics came in and played their best ball trying to still game 1 and were sent home with their tails between their legs. They scored 8 points in the 4th quarter? :teeth:
I think we took their best punch and knocked them out. They cant play better than that but we can. This series is over. Knicks in 5
Go knicks

skisloper

Starter
Exellent and very important win. Celdics came in and played their best ball trying to still game 1 and were sent home with their tails between their legs. They scored 8 points in the 4th quarter? :teeth:
I think we took their best punch and knocked them out. They cant play better than that but we can. This series is over. Knicks in 5
Go knicks

We can win in 4 if Melo and JR drive to the hoop......There was way too much dribbling to no where yesterday and then with the shot clock down to 4 seconds some wild shots being put up. Less dribbling, less spins , less holding the ball and MORE direct drives to the basket.....Felton was able to do it but could not finish.........JR's dunk should have set the tone for him and Melo that getting to the hoop results in Knicks dominence.....Nice win and will be nice to Prigioni back as a starter for game 2.....Kidd cant have those minutes every game not if we are looking for an NBA title....as rested Kidd is a happy knicks defense.

HardFowl

Rookie
We can win in 4 if Melo and JR drive to the hoop......There was way too much dribbling to no where yesterday and then with the shot clock down to 4 seconds some wild shots being put up. Less dribbling, less spins , less holding the ball and MORE direct drives to the basket.....Felton was able to do it but could not finish.........JR's dunk should have set the tone for him and Melo that getting to the hoop results in Knicks dominence.....Nice win and will be nice to Prigioni back as a starter for game 2.....Kidd cant have those minutes every game not if we are looking for an NBA title....as rested Kidd is a happy knicks defense.

True that: Knicks look like they will beat the Celdicks, but we don't look like championship material AT ALL. In fact, we might even get knocked out in the second round, against the Hawks or Pacers, if we don't get our **** together. And dead ass, Gay R Myth is a cancer, he needs to ride the hard wood extensively.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer

I think they will win at least one game at home. Don,t forget, they have a much, much better coach.
Very disappointed by JR still taking too many off balanced well contested shots instead of moving the ball or driving to the basket. I wish Melo passes the ball more often when doubled teamed, instead of forcing so many shots.
Woodson has to talk to these two guys, that is his job to explain to them that by playing this way, they are taking the team concept out of bball
Also, whats up with Tyson? Was he too rusty after sitting out a few games or he is still not healthy?
Regardless, i would put KMart in the starting lineup instead, who made the difference after Woody benched Tyson.
I would like to see more minutes for Cope. He was nervous under bright lights and didnt look like himself.
Instead of pulling him out so quickly, Woody has to run more plays for him. I really think that Cope is our second best offensive weapon.
Finally, if we dont get to EC finals at least, it will be Woodsons fault IMO.

bigapple

Starter
Palbo will available 4 game 2 so he will bring alot "JET" into the game .

Copeland should start? or he should be replaced by K-mart?

jimkcchief88

All Star
True that: Knicks look like they will beat the Celdicks, but we don't look like championship material AT ALL. In fact, we might even get knocked out in the second round, against the Hawks or Pacers, if we don't get our **** together. And dead ass, Gay R Myth is a cancer, he needs to ride the hard wood extensively.

See above keep lurking