Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: The Playoff series dont start untill the 2nd & 3rd game of the series

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Nba Logo The Playoff series dont start untill the 2nd & 3rd game of the series

    The Playoff series dont start untill the 2nd & 3rd game of the series ....
    Teams have a chance for a counter-attack in a series

    All Home-court teams won the first game of the series ....

    Knicks over Boston 1-0
    Miami over Bucks 1-0
    Pacers over Atlanta 1-0
    Nets over Bulls 1-0 .... Bulls tied series 1-1

    Spurs over Lakers 1-0
    OKC over Houston 1-0
    Denver over GS 1-0
    Clippers over Memphis in both games 2-0

    EAST

    Knicks win .. I wish we wouldve move the ball around more to outscore Boston with our BIGS.
    I am hoping we stop fooling around with this 3-ball attack foolishness on a small-ball Celtics team, and get to SWEEPING the Celtics in next 3 games by letting Tyson Chandler & Kenyon Martin have a double-double each game.

    Brooklyn Nets
    won the first game by Deron Williams playing Bigman-ball with Lopez for the win over the Chicago Bulls that lead to a 25 point lead in halftime.
    Bulls came back to win the 2nd game through coach Thib's counter-attack, plus Thib's had a new assistant-coach cheer leader on the bench name Derek Rose for this win at Barkley Center.

    Pacers won the first battle over Atlanta, by Paul George tripple-double. what will Atlanta do in game two?

    Miami Heat won taking a 20 point lead in the 2nd half for the win over the Bucks.

    WEST

    Spurs won the first game over the Lakers .. I just cant imagine coach Pop ever losing a series to coach Dantoni in this lifetime.

    OKC won the first game over Houston with one hand tied behind their back, will coach Mchale have a counter-attack by game 2 or 3?

    Denver Nuggets won a close game over Golden State with coach Mark Jackson losing his double-double bigman David Lee to an injury for the remainder of the postseason. GS already had a short rotation with Lee (7 man rotation). What will GS do the rest of the series to not get swept by the Denver Nuggets long deep depth 10 man rotatiot?

    The Clippers long experience talent won
    the first & second game over a dominating bigman Memphis Grizz team.
    Grizz coach Hollins has the strategy to make each game go down the stretch, but the Clippers long experience 11 man rotation have to much experience talent gellin for the win.

    I did want the Clippers & Denver to meet in the WCF .. both teams has a bench that could give u 40 points on any given night.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Tyson Chandler/ Kmart are "garbage men", not primary scorers. We need to continue to do what got us here: ride our 1-2 punch of of Melo/JR Swish. Why take the ball OUT of the hands of the NBA's leading scorer and the newly named 6th Man of the Year? Woody is no idiot and will rely on his proven 1-2 punch. Tyson/Kmart will pick up the misses and get a couple freebies after Melo/JR breakdown the defense.

  3. #3
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The Nets/Bulls series is highly intriguing! I was surprised that the bulls came back to take game 2. The Nets looked very ready in game one... game 2 i guess they thought they could sit back a bit.

    I would LOVE to see the bucks steal one from the heat at home. That would just be awesome but that team is just too bad on defense to actually have a shot at beating the heat in this series. They kept it respectable in the first half but Ellis and Jennings need to take it to a new level... like a d.wade in 06 level.

    Pacers look really strong right now and Atlanta does not match up well with them. I think the pacers may sweep and have an easy road into the 2nd round, which does not bode well for the knicks.

    Knicks will seem to have to battle a little more then we anticipated against the celtics. Certainly this is a playoff tested team we are up against and they know how to win games when it counts. Melo needs to play at the same level he has been and lead the team to the second round but KG and co. will not back down from the challenge and are coming to play. I think the knicks will take this series but i could see it going to 6 games.


    out west is a little more cut and dry i feel

    Clippers seem to have figured out the grizz, tho the score was pretty close I still feel the clippers with bledsoe, paul, billups etc are just too much for the guards of the grizz.

    The Denver/GS series was looking to be one of the best 1st round series but with Lee going out for the remainder i just don't see how G/S will bounce back. It would be mighty impressive if they did though.

    OKC is just on another level then the rockets. they have the playoff experience now and are ready to sweep houston.

    And the Spurs are just a better put together and coached team then the lakers. While i expect the lakers to grab a game or two i still expect the spurs to take it in 6...


    And to Kiya's note that the series heat up after game one, I've got to say that I always find game 3 to be the most telling of any series. Teams figure each other out, adjustments are made and then game 3 is the execution of the best game plans. It is also a change of venue and will show how tough each team is on the road environmental.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Anything can happen, Noah was a key part of their defense. And as mentioned a dropping of the guard, easy game 1, win, leads to fools gold. I think the Knicks are too old to allow a dropping of the guard to happen.....

    A series doesn't start until a road team wins.

  5. #5
    Member PaPZ187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kidd Karma

    A series doesn't start until a road team wins.
    Exactly. If we lost game 1 the series would of definitely "started".

    Just like Melo said, all they did was what they were suppost to do.....win at home. That is a big confidence booster for the squad....Im ready for game 2!

    Sent from my LG-P999

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Tyson Chandler/ Kmart are "garbage men", not primary scorers. We need to continue to do what got us here: ride our 1-2 punch of of Melo/JR Swish. Why take the ball OUT of the hands of the NBA's leading scorer and the newly named 6th Man of the Year? Woody is no idiot and will rely on his proven 1-2 punch. Tyson/Kmart will pick up the misses and get a couple freebies after Melo/JR breakdown the defense.

    I hope u watch Game-2 .... because ur so-call garbage men (Tyson & K-Mart) put on a 2nd-half DEFENSIVE-show of allowing Boston to score a total of 23 points in the 2nd half of the game .. if that is not 70% of a win then u dont know Basketball Jim.
    We used a 1-2-3 punch on offense to give us a 2-0 lead over Boston.

    Miami Heat 2-0 lead over Bucks are actually practicing different postseason lineups for 3 quarters on the Bucks.
    Miami differ lineups in a 9+ man rotation has been aimed at stopping the Bucks top scorers, forcing them to pass.

    Golden State win over Nuggets in Denver was a strategic coaching strategy from coach Mark Jackson.
    Carl Landry took Faried out of his game, while Curry & Thompson force the defense towards them while they had a moving Jack & Barnes open to help the team shoot 60% from the FG to tie the series 1-1 in Denver.
    I said it many times on this board .. Denver coach Karl is not a strategic postseason coach, Karl's best coaching strategy are in regular season games.

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Mark Jackson is underrated.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I hope u watch Game-2 .... because ur so-call garbage men (Tyson & K-Mart) put on a 2nd-half DEFENSIVE-show of allowing Boston to score a total of 23 points in the 2nd half of the game .. if that is not 70% of a win then u dont know Basketball Jim.
    We used a 1-2-3 punch on offense to give us a 2-0 lead over Boston.

    Miami Heat 2-0 lead over Bucks are actually practicing different postseason lineups for 3 quarters on the Bucks.
    Miami differ lineups in a 9+ man rotation has been aimed at stopping the Bucks top scorers, forcing them to pass.

    Golden State win over Nuggets in Denver was a strategic coaching strategy from coach Mark Jackson.
    Carl Landry took Faried out of his game, while Curry & Thompson force the defense towards them while they had a moving Jack & Barnes open to help the team shoot 60% from the FG to tie the series 1-1 in Denver.
    I said it many times on this board .. Denver coach Karl is not a strategic postseason coach, Karl's best coaching strategy are in regular season games.
    1-2 punch Melo/Jr lead our Knicks with 34 and 19 respectively while Kmart/Chandler scored 3 apiece. Not discounting the defensive efforts by any means holding the Celtics to HISTORIC lows games 1-2 points lowest points in a quarter/half. This team is hitting on all cylinders on both ends of the floor.

  9. #9
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    what do u thing bout GSW vs Nuggets i am dreaming bout GSW in 7 i love Curry such young talent can even trade him for Stat Novak Q-Rich.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Lee injury has freed up the floor shooters mark Jackson coaching his tail off

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    1-2 punch Melo/Jr lead our Knicks with 34 and 19 respectively while Kmart/Chandler scored 3 apiece. Not discounting the defensive efforts by any means holding the Celtics to HISTORIC lows games 1-2 points lowest points in a quarter/half. This team is hitting on all cylinders on both ends of the floor.
    O.K. thats alot better .. because postseason series are WON by the better DEFENSIVE team not top scoring teams.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Lee injury has freed up the floor shooters mark Jackson coaching his tail off
    In 2008 offseason, Mark Jackson, Rick Carlisle, and Del Negro were the better headcoaches available for the Knicks job .. than celebrity coach Dantoni. I vision Dantoni being FIRED before the Spurs play their first game of the 2nd round.
    Byron Scott will be Lakers headcoach in the 2013-14 season...

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    what do u thing bout GSW vs Nuggets i am dreaming bout GSW in 7 i love Curry such young talent can even trade him for Stat Novak Q-Rich.
    ???? What are u smokin

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Question Mark

    Does the Knicks postseason series start in Boston? or will we sweep celtics in boston???

    yes-yes? or ?

  15. #15
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I think we'll lose game 3 and win 4 and 5 to close out the series

Similar Threads

  1. Lakers vs Spurs playoff series Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NBA
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: May 30, 2008, 19:17
  2. Celtics vs Pistons Playoff Series Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NBA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 23, 2008, 13:39
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 14, 2008, 19:30
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2008, 10:39
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2008, 09:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •