Kenyon Martin....one hell of a pick up

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Man this guy has been HUGE for us....he was everywhere tonight in game 2 against Boston. I am willing to say he has had more of an impact on this series than Tyson has so far.

I remember hearing reports that Martin was done and didn't have anything left to give ..... now he looks like a impact player that will be instrumental and irreplaceable if we are going to challenge Miami for the East. I bet there's alot of teams that would love to have him on their squad now.

Sorry if there is already a KMart thread, if so mods feel free to merge.

:gony:

Sent from my LG-P999

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Best defensive PF we had since Oakley, in all seriousness.

Agreed! OAK is my man too.....one of the all time favorites personally!

It would be nice to see KMart play a full season with NYK next year if he is capable health wise.....guy is a difference maker.

Sent from my LG-P999

Kiyaman

Legend
Kenyon Martin has always had SUPER-STAR leadership talent from college-daze to NBA ....
just because K-Mart did not show any super-star talent with selfish teammates Marbury on Nets, and Melo on Nuggets with a no strategic postseason coach Karl, does not change K-Mart super-star leadership status.

Adding Kenyon Martin to our rotation after the trade-deadline, we went on a 19-7 run to end the regular season.
That wouldve never happen without K-Mart .. especially when we broke-down after the lost to Miami to go on a westcoast road trip to lose 4 straight games to GS, Denver, Portland, and Clippers .. those 4 loses are added to the 7 losses, when K-Mart was on a 10 day contract.

Having Tyson Chandler and Kenyon Martin on the same rotation-roster makes us a winning postseason team.
Adding Camby & Stat with Tyson & K-Mart in a frontcourt rotation in the postseason is an automatic trip to the FINALS...
Butt .. we all know who the NBA want in the FINALS to make that worldwide $$$$$$$$$ rating-paycheck

Kiyaman

Legend
Best defensive PF we had since Oakley, in all seriousness.

u mean Pat Riley's "take no hostage" Mr. Anthony Mason .. before Mason it was PF-Toby Knight.
The above two PF mention were quick as a guard, had Hops like Dr. J to blockshots, and were strong as an ox at rebounding just like Kenyon Martin.
I like Oakley for being Ewing's body-guard on the court however, I did not forget why coach Phil Jackson, Pippin, and Mike, traded Oakley to win 3 straight championship-rings within the next 3 seasons of the Oakley trade...

p0nder

Starter
Just imagine if a team like Boston or Miami had picked up K-Mart instead of us??? He has been playing inspired ball and was exactly the right piece at the right time. It would be nice to get him to the finals. As a journeyman of the league and a former #1 pick he's given a lot to basketball. With STAT out and Rasheed retiring we need his contributions to get us deep into the playoffs.

tiger0330

Legend
JR we can pay 23M/4 yr deal on his early bird rights and can use the taxpayers MLE of 3.1M to sign KMart. Let's see if KMart attracts any interest because nobody was interested before we signed him, I am more optimistic we can sign him than JR.

Kiyaman

Legend
we cant pay for both jr and k mart next season

Great Point!
However, that decision was made already when we gave K-Mart a 10 day contract to tryout for the team ..
when lastseason we were on a winning streak roll with "Linsanity", and we didnt give JR a 10 day contract, we signed a walking JR to a full season contract for causing so much selfish-individual chaos in China .. plus breaking our winning-streak with chaotic 36% shooting.

This season was JR.Smith best season in the NBA do to Kidd's direction, and K-Mart opening up the lane forcing JR to slash to the basket consistently to take us on a 13 game win streak.
The 6th man runner-up Jamal Crawful cross-over dribble in one-spot never had a chance at challenging JR after (JR ex-teammate) Kenyon Martin join the Knicks .. JR took off to the next level of B.ball shooting 49%

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
JR we can pay 23M/4 yr deal on his early bird rights and can use the taxpayers MLE of 3.1M to sign KMart. Let's see if KMart attracts any interest because nobody was interested before we signed him, I am more optimistic we can sign him than JR.

KMart has played himself into at least a 2 year MLE type deal. We should pipe up 3 years 10 million. Now do you want to collect 3 years 15 million from......ummm, Milwaukee or Sacramento or 10 million over 3 years with the chance to play in to June?

Dude be having me hype, got me stomping my feet and yelling "THAT'S WHAT THE **** I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! I love it when he starts screaming and shaking his head like a mad man after blocking a shot or dunking the rock. I need to find me a K-Mart bobble head doll...one with a screaming face and it's arms flexing. Anyone here knows where I can find one? thanks in advance...

New New York

Quiet Storm
we cant pay for both jr and k mart next season

Gotta consider who are the teams who will be vying for these guys...its gonna be teams ready to win next year and of those teams who are under the cap?

Dallas would have a legit shot being Kmart is from Texas and all...but Cuban disrespected Kmart Mom, that aint happening

Teams like Miami can only offer as much as us so likely he stays for vet minimum...I mean after all he got a reality check when no teams (even those desperate for bigs) did not call and he had to settle for 10 day! I think Kmart will play for what we can pay him

JR is still a gamble for teams...Woody has worked wonders but 1.he still can get a little wild 2.how many teams are confident their coaching staff can keep him in check? and again the teams who can afford to pay him are not appealing at all if they were willing to shell out the cash!

Copeland is the likeliest to bolt...a team like Charlotte will pay for him and he'll go to a lesser team for the sake of playing time...and he'd be right to do so.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gotta consider who are the teams who will be vying for these guys...its gonna be teams ready to win next year and of those teams who are under the cap?

Dallas would have a legit shot being Kmart is from Texas and all...but Cuban disrespected Kmart Mom, that aint happening

Teams like Miami can only offer as much as us so likely he stays for vet minimum...I mean after all he got a reality check when no teams (even those desperate for bigs) did not call and he had to settle for 10 day! I think Kmart will play for what we can pay him

JR is still a gamble for teams...Woody has worked wonders but 1.he still can get a little wild 2.how many teams are confident their coaching staff can keep him in check? and again the teams who can afford to pay him are not appealing at all if they were willing to shell out the cash!

Copeland is the likeliest to bolt...a team like Charlotte will pay for him and he'll go to a lesser team for the sake of playing time...and he'd be right to do so.

Kenyon Martin postseason performance will become a huge part in getting us into the ECF .. then in the ECF is when scouts will evaluate the $$$ value of K-Mart performance vs Heat .. and it will be much much higher than vet min.

We all should know by now the Knicks are going to over-pay JR in offseason.

Copeland is going to grab the first offer the Knicks handout, we have 7 roster spots open in offseason.

The 2013-14 Knicks may lose a step if Grunwald is slow in offseason.

bigapple

Starter
i want in this team JR K-mart Tyson MELO Prigioni Novak for regular game. Copeland too. Camby will end like Thomas.
Shump is da future Kidd will play 1 year more Felton is only youger pg in this team. Anyway some1 will be dropped.

Miami will be forced to drop some1 too i am reading that Bish Le Wade will not stay in Miami i dont know how much trust is out there but this can be last year with big 3 in Miami.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Man this guy has been HUGE for us....he was everywhere tonight in game 2 against Boston. I am willing to say he has had more of an impact on this series than Tyson has so far.

I remember hearing reports that Martin was done and didn't have anything left to give ..... now he looks like a impact player that will be instrumental and irreplaceable if we are going to challenge Miami for the East. I bet there's alot of teams that would love to have him on their squad now.

Sorry if there is already a KMart thread, if so mods feel free to merge.

:gony:

Sent from my LG-P999
J.KIDD said it today.."K-MART saved our season". That sums it up to perfection.

Kiyaman

Legend
J.KIDD said it today.."K-MART saved our season". That sums it up to perfection.

:agreed: 100% with K-Mart we went on a 19-7 run to end season, and 4 of the 7 losses were during the 10 day contract DNP

We all need to welcome Kenyon Martin back to the postseason games .. strong competitor vs Indiana & Miami