Amar'e Stoudemire eyes 2nd round return?!

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
NEW YORK -- Injured New York Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire believes that if his rehab progresses without a setback, he could return in the second round of the playoffs.
Stoudemire underwent surgery March 11 to clean up debris in his right knee. He last played March 7.
i

Stoudemire
At the time of his surgery, the Knicks said Stoudemire was expected to miss four to six weeks.
Stoudemire was asked Tuesday about the possibility of returning in the second round of the playoffs.
"If everything goes great [with rehabilitation], then I'm willing to play," Stoudemire said. "Sooner than later, hopefully, if everything continues to improve."
Stoudemire hopes to begin running full speed by the end of the week. If his knee responds well, he will progress with his rehab.
"Everything's on schedule for the most part. I've got to continue to get stronger, got to get back on the court, start moving around at full speed," Stoudmire said. "... And if I can handle that, then we go up a notch, that's great. Then I'm looking [forward to] hopefully playing soon. We'll see."
Of course, a second-round return for Stoudemire presumes the Knicks advance to the second round. They lead the Boston Celtics 2-0.
"If we continue to win, then that gives me more time to really heal up 100 percent," Stoudemire said. "So that's kind of the blessing that we have right now."
Mike Woodson said Sunday that if Stoudemire returns to the Knicks, he will do so as a member of the regular rotation.

link

With us up 2-0 to Boston and in the best possible position to take the series I can't help but to look forward and think that we are still quite small as a team. We need another big and Stat would be the answer to the second unit alongside JR. This could be just what the doctor ordered to get us the best possible chance for a chip this year!
thoughts?.....

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
It definitely gives us another option offensively and bigs wise. AS we advance further into the playoffs.....with Indy looming fouls will be a huge need, Amare with another 6 will help, plus it will get more physical.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Yes. I totally agree. Stat and JR smith coming off the bench would be an awesome combo that could provide huge amounts of efficient scoring if the starters aren't getting the job done. Stat has become more polished with his training with the DR34M. He can seems to be able to control the post with much more power and finesse than last season. Paired up with JR or Felton, their presence alone should be able to give them easier looks or open shots. The limited minutes would allow him to be able to expend more energy on defense also. I believe he can also be an awesome shot blocker too. It would be pretty scary if a guard had to drive to the post and score through Tyson AND Stat.

bigapple

Starter
i hope he wont play with MELO in same time both of them are diffrent this could stop their system.

Number3

Benchwarmer
We need Amare... If no ones hot/making **** who the hells gonna score. We need post up points in the paint

shaolin

Benchwarmer
There might not be a 2nd round. F*ck1ng knicks suck. I don't think Boston played that well. A racist city doesn't deserve winning.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Personally, I feel that the Knicks have the wrong attitude about this thing. Its as if they feel all they need to do is show up to win. This is the playoffs, no ones gonna die easy. There are time for jokes and its after you win the whole thing. There's a motto that the Knicks veteran Jason Kidd shoulda taught about the youngsters. "It ain't over 'till its over." Knicks definitely have the skill but it looks that they're lacking in will department.