Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Plea to the Knicks: Trade Novak

  1. #31
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I've always felt this way baout Novak. I just finally had the time to make a thread about him. The playoffs were used as an example because that was the most up to date info to reference. Truthfully, you could reference most games he plays and find a reason why he shouldbe traded for a two way player.

    My biggest point was that two 3s per game just isn't enough to justify his salary and putrid defense. He doesn't really add value other than spreading the floor, but does that really make a big difference since we don't even have a post game? Copeland shows that he can score from the 3 all the way to the paint but still can't surpass Novak on the depth chart. Mind boggling.
    yes, it is mindboggling.

    Copeland needs some playing time especially against the Pacers.

    Didn't Copeland play well against them last time or am I mistaken? I didnt do my research on that.

  2. #32
    Member NewYork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    We gotta find a way to get rid of Amare, Novak, and Camby this summer. That's like 30 mill in salaries we can use to sign CP3 and a starting 4
    Get rid of Amare? You crazy. He's with us for better or worse. I doubt we will be able to trade him at this time because of his hefty price tag and his health liability. Amare will be back and much better. I'm sure he will put up all star numbers. Melo trusts Stat with scoring more than anyone else in the team. They just need more playing time together to gel. Felton is a really good point guard and just what the Knicks needed. Stat will do just fine with him at PG. It would be nice to have CP3 at PG but Felton is just so much cheaper and almost as good. Ray is obviously not the same caliber as CP3 but he isn't far behind at all. They are both pass first PG's that can score. CP3 is definitely the better passer but their ball handling and scoring are really similar IMO. CP3 might be a little better but the price jump isn't worth it. I think the difference is like 13.5 Million per year!
    Last edited by NewYork; May 07, 2013 at 14:21.

  3. #33
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by NewYork
    Get rid of Amare? You crazy. He's with us for better or worse. I doubt we will be able to trade him at this time because of his hefty price tag and his health liability. Amare will be back and much better. I'm sure he will put up all star numbers. Melo trusts Stat with scoring more than anyone else in the team. They just need more playing time together to gel. Felton is a really good point guard and just what the Knicks needed. Stat will do just fine with him at PG. It would be nice to have CP3 at PG but Felton is just so much cheaper and almost as good. Ray is obviously not the same caliber as CP3 but he isn't far behind at all. They are both pass first PG's that can score. CP3 is definitely the better passer but their ball handling and scoring are really similar IMO. CP3 might be a little better but the price jump isn't worth it. I think the difference is like 13.5 Million per year!
    Not sure what you're responding to. This thread is about Novak.

    Please re-read.

  4. #34
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NewYork
    Get rid of Amare? You crazy. He's with us for better or worse. I doubt we will be able to trade him at this time because of his hefty price tag and his health liability. Amare will be back and much better. I'm sure he will put up all star numbers. Melo trusts Stat with scoring more than anyone else in the team. They just need more playing time together to gel. Felton is a really good point guard and just what the Knicks needed. Stat will do just fine with him at PG. It would be nice to have CP3 at PG but Felton is just so much cheaper and almost as good. Ray is obviously not the same caliber as CP3 but he isn't far behind at all. They are both pass first PG's that can score. CP3 is definitely the better passer but their ball handling and scoring are really similar IMO. CP3 might be a little better but the price jump isn't worth it. I think the difference is like 13.5 Million per year!
    All of the things you put in this post re CP3 are just ludicrous. He's MUCH better than Felton. Def worth every penny. It would be so much better for this team to have CP3 instead of STAT.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,684
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Keep him. He spreads the floor.

    the correct quote is...

    Keep him. He's white....

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    AGREED! most playoff teams play good D, that's how they got there.
    nullifying Novakaine's 3-pt shooting makes him useless.
    trade him, free up some dough and sign JR next year.

    Lets see how JR finishes the playoffs before we look to sign him.....remember not about regular season its about crunch time and what happens....his silly elbow, partying the night before the game and his inability to hustle back in game 5 is what got us to a 6 game series with the celtics.....which in turn lead to Melo having his shoulder hurt by KG

  7. #37
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I agree. Novak sucks and he is a waste of 4 million dollars. Novak would only be effective with teams like the Miami Heat because they have superstars that drive to the hoop at will and ball handle well. The Knicks have basically one ball handler in Felton so Novak never gets open shots. Plus Novak is an embarassment because teams put their point guards on him and he is 6'10. He never shoots with guys guarding him close and he doesn't pump fake enough or shoot long 2 pointers. He doesn't play defense and sucks at rebounding. AND he gets more minutes than Copeland which I still to this day dont understand. He is not worth 4 million and we should dump him asap.

  8. #38
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    AND he gets more minutes than Copeland which I still to this day dont understand.

    Biggest mystery in the NBA.

  9. #39
    Member NewYork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Not sure what you're responding to. This thread is about Novak.

    Please re-read.
    I was referring to Rob Low's post.

  10. #40
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I will be the lone person to disagree I guess. I like Novak. Always have. This year his his shooting percentage is down, but I would argue he's still one of the 5 best shooters in the league. his percentages is down because when Mike Woodson took over, he took away crucial plays which made Novak successful. Novak should be part of pick and rolls/pick and pops at the very least ONCE a game, a couple of screens for the man please. I mean you put him out there and have him just waiting for a pass that rarely comes, is ridiculous play calling. I blame Woodson for not finding plays to run for him, and I truly believe an offensive minded assistant coach is in order for next season. His defense is bad yes, but the point some made during this discussion about crawford scoring the points on him is funny to me. listen, Crawford is a shooting guard, he's 6'5. For the most part a 6'5 guard would beat a 6'10 forward off the dribble 70% of the time.

    Look, I know he's not a great defender, but I think he's serviceable enough especially if he's hitting his shot. I think if you put the man in a position to do that, he will open up the court and make it much easier for the team to score.

  11. #41
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    I will be the lone person to disagree I guess. I like Novak. Always have. This year his his shooting percentage is down, but I would argue he's still one of the 5 best shooters in the league. his percentages is down because when Mike Woodson took over, he took away crucial plays which made Novak successful. Novak should be part of pick and rolls/pick and pops at the very least ONCE a game, a couple of screens for the man please. I mean you put him out there and have him just waiting for a pass that rarely comes, is ridiculous play calling. I blame Woodson for not finding plays to run for him, and I truly believe an offensive minded assistant coach is in order for next season. His defense is bad yes, but the point some made during this discussion about crawford scoring the points on him is funny to me. listen, Crawford is a shooting guard, he's 6'5. For the most part a 6'5 guard would beat a 6'10 forward off the dribble 70% of the time.

    Look, I know he's not a great defender, but I think he's serviceable enough especially if he's hitting his shot. I think if you put the man in a position to do that, he will open up the court and make it much easier for the team to score.
    Popovich couldn't find use for him either, he's useless

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #42
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    I will be the lone person to disagree I guess. I like Novak. Always have. This year his his shooting percentage is down, but I would argue he's still one of the 5 best shooters in the league. his percentages is down because when Mike Woodson took over, he took away crucial plays which made Novak successful. Novak should be part of pick and rolls/pick and pops at the very least ONCE a game, a couple of screens for the man please. I mean you put him out there and have him just waiting for a pass that rarely comes, is ridiculous play calling. I blame Woodson for not finding plays to run for him, and I truly believe an offensive minded assistant coach is in order for next season. His defense is bad yes, but the point some made during this discussion about crawford scoring the points on him is funny to me. listen, Crawford is a shooting guard, he's 6'5. For the most part a 6'5 guard would beat a 6'10 forward off the dribble 70% of the time.

    Look, I know he's not a great defender, but I think he's serviceable enough especially if he's hitting his shot. I think if you put the man in a position to do that, he will open up the court and make it much easier for the team to score.
    Respect your opinion but sadly you're wrong. Novak stands on the perimeter because that's all he can do. He's not good at shooting off the dribble or making decisions once he decides to dribble. Like I said in the original post, he'll give you 1-2 threes a game but it doesn't justify the salary and playing time he gets. We have guys that can open up the court and they can do other things as well. I predict Copeland overlapping Novak through next training camp thus making Novak even more expendable. A 6-10 shooter who doesn't play big is just an accessory.

  13. #43
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Biggest mystery in the NBA.
    Woodson uses him to stretch the floor and act as a decoy but his efficiency is worse than copeland

  14. #44
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I like copeland, and I like Novak. I don't agree though that if given the same amounts of outside shots, that Cope would be more efficient than Novak. This year, given Copelands limited playing time, his stats are nice, and he can do more than just shoot the ball (which I love) ... but if you are looking for a straight shooter, I would still go with Novak. And I think the Knicks need to implement both Novak and Copeland in their rotation. But putting them in the game means nothing if Woodson doesn't run plays to allow their shooters some room to get their shot off. His (Novak) defense may not be great but if used strategically -(Guarding Mahinmi or Hansbrough) he could be hidden on the defense end and still succeed on the offense end.

Similar Threads

  1. Plea to the Knicks
    By NY17KNICKS in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2012, 15:57
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2012, 22:20
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2012, 16:35
  4. A Plea to Carmelo from his biggest fan
    By CA7 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2012, 21:35
  5. Steve Novak to join Knicks?
    By StarksOverJordan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2011, 13:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •