JR Suspended

New New York

Quiet Storm
Good news for all those who thought we could not afford to bring him back this is the sort of thing that is going to keep teams leery. With it all but decided that we are going to go up 3-0 he throws an elbow on a game that had no emotion to it at all.

I am a fan of JR but plays like this are maddening!

I guess another positive is that knowing we are without our 2nd leading scorer we should be focused for this game and not assuming another easy victory

This is really horrible timing tho!

by committee Shump gotta give us 6 more tomorrow, Felton has to do more and Tyson has to score 13 or more...

tiger0330

Legend
JR suspended for Game 4

Really didn't expect it but the NBA felt that JR's flagrant 2 was worthy of a 1 game suspension for game 4.

This is BS, this is the playoffs and if we were deadlocked 3-3 with the series hanging in the balance this suspension might mean the difference in advancing. The rules need to be adjusted for the playoffs, fines and not suspensions if it isn't a blatant Artest elbow to Harden's head knock down.

Judge for yourself, to me it was worthy of an ejection but not a suspension.

Last edited:

LeFlume

All Star
Boston need all help they can get and David Stern answer the call...ridiculous suspension if you ask me. :barf:

tiger0330

Legend
Posted this and the video in another thread, he deserved an ejection but come on Stu Jackson this is the playoffs and the Knicks season could be over without JR if this was game 7.

Judge for yourself.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
JR needs to conduct himself a lot better than that. We are winning. No need to "rock the boat" at this point. Why are you playing such an aggressive offense at that point in the game. Don't give Boston any chance at life.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
JR wasn't happy with the overly aggressive swipe Terry made at the ball prior to the elbow. His elbow was rough, but I think the refs overreacted and this suspension is BS basically.

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason are shaking their damn heads.....NBA has gotten so soft, 80s mid 90s this was a personal foul every time .

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
On an other board someone posted a pic of KG choking Bill Walker... and I started asking myself: what happened to this guy? Did some little research and it seems Walker ended up as a bench player with a below average D-League team... damn, I kind of liked this guy.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
NBA if you want a game 5 that badly suspend Melo, Tyson, Felton, K Mart, Prigs and Kidd as well.

NBA is beyond predictable.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Warranted an ejection, but not a suspension.

I still remember when Rondo threw Kirk Hinrich into the scorers' table in the playoffs a few years back and didn't even get ejected for it.

Fortunately for us. Other than that spurt in game 2. Jr hasn't been the reason we are winning. As a team we are playing great team defense and everyone is contributing inside and out. Not taking anything away from smith. I just feel like we are so locked in right now some one will fill in for j r and well just move forward. I predict Kidd has one of his 4+ three point games today.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Oldtimer

Rotation player
JR has been very important recently. He has been an excellent shooting option to Melo. Felton has been playing very well because he is not playing hero ball but apparently deferring to both Melo and JR. Melo, JR and Felton have been our shooters. They take 75% of the shots and appear to be the only Knicks able to get shots off when guarded. I do not like Felton as the second option. I am afraid he might try to do too much. It will be interesting to see how we play without JR. Who is going to step up?

tiger0330

Legend
The suspension was the difference to me in game 4 and it would have been a disaster if it was game 7. Melo thought he needed to play hero ball without JR in the lineup and he had an off game. We would be going fishing if this was game 7, JR should have been fined but not suspended for that elbow to JT.

finestrg

Rotation player
Agree with Tiger and a few others -- ejection but shouldn't have been suspended. Look, was the elbow excessive? Yes. My sister keeps telling me you can clearly see the aggression and purposefulness in JR's face on that play....OK, agreed -- but so the F what??? These 2 teams DO NOT LIKE EACH OTHER!!!! They don't even shake hands after games, one of the few teams the Knicks don't exchange pleasantries with after games. And you know what --- after years of their punk-ass BS (Garnett and Pierce specifically), I prefer it like that, be quite honest with you!

Plus, the way Terry was D'in up on JR that play was a little overboard too, no? Not saying it wasn't good, hard-nosed defense -- it was. Not even saying it deserved an elbow up high but a foul's a foul, no??? You wanna clean things up out there, blow the goddamn whistle on Terry for reaching in and end the play!! He was right in Smith's grill slappin' away at him, his arm, etc. and the refs failed to protect JR there and defuse it by calling a foul -- bottom line. Then the rest is history -- Smith get frustrated and for a split sec, loses his composure. Funny -- the refs don't do their job and blow the whistle on Terry (frustrated himself the little bastard, reaching in slappin' all over the joint), then the league doesn't do their job by addressing Terry floppin' his little ass off (more below), but JR gets punished, excessively so...Do I have this all right? And WTF are we talkin' about here -- was what JR did a "haul off and punch the dude in the face" type of composure loss here?? Nah, I don't see it like that, sorry.. Should he have kept his head? Yes, he should've but come on, let's not make JR out to be some Ty Domi thug out there just looking for a fight....Part of what Woody had to say about the play was correct -- he was trying to clear space....Did he get thrown out right away (after review anyway)? Yes, he did. Probably got fined too. But that should've been the end of it.

Terry clearly flopped too btw ---- I mean wasn't there supposed to be this whole league-wide crackdown on flopping this year? Joke. Here was a classic play to break out their little anti-flopping rule and they didn't...They sat on it...And, like others have pointed out, did JR walk away immediately without throwing any gas on the fire? Yes, he did. That should've helped his cause, but it didn't...The way I see this -- this academy-award flopjob led to the flagrant 2 which led to the ejection and then led to the suspension by a panicked league feeling the need to "do something." Terry reacts differently there (like any other grown man should've---like every friggin' flopjob we've ever seen, you can't convince me a grown man gets thrown to the ground on minimal contact like that!!), the whole thing's nothing more than a flagrant 1 and the Celtics are home golfin' right now. Shame on the refs and the league as far as I'm concerned.

Ahh, what are we gonna do, man? Trying not to sound sour grapes here but it's hard --this nonsense clearly cost us game 2. Time to regroup and come out fired up in game 5 and smoke these fools right outta the gym on Weds.!!!!!! Jimmy Dolan's gotta be happy -- he now gets to reap the benefits of another sold out Garden (at ridiculously inflated playoff ticket prices no doubt, plus concession dividends and whatever else)!!!

Last edited:

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Fortunately for us. Other than that spurt in game 2. Jr hasn't been the reason we are winning. As a team we are playing great team defense and everyone is contributing inside and out. Not taking anything away from smith. I just feel like we are so locked in right now some one will fill in for j r and well just move forward. I predict Kidd has one of his 4+ three point games today.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

36 minutes, 31 minutes and 24 minutes you take away those minutes, and add it to Kidd, Kidd has to do so much more, it takes away from what we really need Kidd for, and that's 4th quarter defense and leadership. The minutes Smith is on the court as a creator, scorer and defender has so much value to the team, just like Kidd's minutes, just like Felton's minutes, you cannot say losing one player will not effect us at all, there is a trickle down effect, you lose Smith's 30 or so minutes and production, Felton picked up the scoring, but we just had no gas at the end. we battled back, but his offense was sorely missed in the first half, when Melo got his blow.