2013 Playoffs - Round 1 Game 4 / Knicks @ Celtics - 04/28 1:00 pm

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
Calling a spade a spade, Melo choked he played a ATROCIOUS game missed free throws with the game on the line and shot 10 for 35 .

Rob Low

Rotation player
Yeah this loss is on Melo. Missed too many shots and FT's. I wouldn't say he choked though. That implies he was scared and couldn't handle the pressure, which isn't the case. He did the same stuff he always does, it just didn't drop for him today.

metrocard

Legend
Teams that were up 3-0 never lost a series and it's never gone past 5. I love Melo but I am mad at him shooting jumpers when the opposing team is in foul trouble and your shots haven't been falling all game?? Makes no sense to me...yeah, Amare or JR would've helped but we would've won that game if Melo played smarter...it hurts I wanted to sweep those bastards for sweeping us two years ago...god damn...Carmelo laid a bad egg for the first time in over a month.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Boston didn't just come out to play, they came out to save their pride. Nobody wants to get swept at his own court. We all know how it all works, last season it were the Knicks who were about to get swept before his own crowd. So we fought hard to pull out that one win to save our faces. In my opinion Boston deserves props for not giving up. We lost not only one of our offensive weapons, but also our focus, we started to think about the 2nd round or even beyond. But the Celtics wanted to survive just one game longer. This loss is not on Melo and not on JR, it's on the whole team because of not playing hard enough to sweep a bunch of deseperate pensioners.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't get why Melo was doing so much one-on-one. He wasn't on. He should have passed the ball a lot more like game 3 even without J.R., and Woodson should have made it this way. When I saw a hot Felton keep passing the ball I was wondering why it was happening. Felton should have been the first option at that point. It's not like the Knicks don't have a few players who can score. Just because J.R. is the only exceptional scorer aside from Melo on our team (Felton has been lately though), doesn't mean Melo should be taking a ton of shots even if he's been cold, 'cause it's not like the others on the Knicks are mediocre on offense.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Bad game for Melo. All stars have them in the playoffs from time to time. Even MJ had a few stinkers.

Looking forward to wrapping the series on Wed. No way this thing goes past game 5. Pierce and Garnett are champs. I worried that they'd be able to worry us a bit and here it is. The Celtics are out matched by our team though. Again looking forward to moving to the second round on Wed.

CoolClyde

i dunno man. Melo had this half-baked smile on his face the whole game, a fu*cking la-dee-dah lazy-ass
attitude, when he missed shots, when he got called for fouls... when shots ain't falling, and you're double-
teamed the entire game, it's time to pass the ball, not keep shooting. those missed foul shots were the
pits. Melo made up for JR's absence by taking twice the amount of shots he normally does, and missed
much more than he made. he may be one of the best players in the league, but he does not have the
highest IQ. this is the difference between an MVP like MJ and LBJ, who made other players on the team
better when their game was not sharp. But not Melo, he just keeps shooting. a disgusting loss I blame
solely on Melo, but that's just my humble opinion.

I thought Feltip played a phenomenal game, I would have liked to see him pass to someone other than
Melo half the time, but hey, that's the game plan. A much better game for Chandler than late, I feel
he's almost back to 100%. a couple key tapouts almost won the game for NYK.

Novak with a clutch 3, but not much more. i stlll say he's a waste of space, and would rather see
Copeland have his minutes, to do some creating and not just sitting on the perimeter like a duck.

an incredible comeback, reminded me of that damned Sacramento game earlier in the season
where Knicks came back from -27 only to lose on a lucky three.

figures that Jason Terribly scored like the 'dicks final 9 points after being responsible for
JR's suspension. that flopping fu*cker. Pierceclip also flopped this game. Both those
green sh*its should be suspended for their flopping antics.

this loss makes me so angry, seeing how Miami took care of bidness even with Wade out.

Knicks better bring it on Wednesday.... WEDNESDAY, WTF? 3 days? c'mon NBA.

btw, the refs sucked major dick this game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yeah I think if this series went 7 games it would take 16 days to complete....wtf....and the zebras made sure the Celtics survived for game five....Melo was off but he was getting beaten to death damn....if that was MJ or even LJ Melo would have gone to the line 40 times....gutty effort by our guys without JR....We just need to quietly beat these idiots Wednesday night and not get involved in the smack talk until after the series is over

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
No need to worry.

Celtics still remain a shambles in the second half, as long we don't fall behind by 20 at HT we'll blow those mothasuckers out in game 5.

bigapple

Starter
i still cant stand why this game in on wednesday. I still have ame feeling since this loos into Nets @MSG still thinking why Knicks had overtime when they had lead 84-82. They have sweep in their hands. Now i have to w8 72 hrs :(

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
i still cant stand why this game in on wednesday. I still have ame feeling since this loos into Nets @MSG still thinking why Knicks had overtime when they had lead 84-82. They have sweep in their hands. Now i have to w8 72 hrs :(

NBA loves to stretch out playoffs for as long as possible. What they will never admit is for the most part the first round has been an utter bore. Out West only one series looks set to go the distance i.e Grizz vs Lob City. In the East only truly decent series has been Bulls vs Nets.

Red

TYPE-A
Teams that were up 3-0 never lost a series and it's never gone past 5. I love Melo but I am mad at him shooting jumpers when the opposing team is in foul trouble and your shots haven't been falling all game?? Makes no sense to me...yeah, Amare or JR would've helped but we would've won that game if Melo played smarter...it hurts I wanted to sweep those bastards for sweeping us two years ago...god damn...Carmelo laid a bad egg for the first time in over a month.

Every star goes cold... that's what a sidekick is for. And I agree, DRIVE THE BALL.. hello! That's fundamentals.

Is it any wonder how a team that scored 21 and 23 in the second half of two playoff games; on the verge of getting swept, beats a team clearly better than them, after one of the opposing team's stars gets suspended?

JR is arguably one of maybe 3 MVP's (in terms of his value to the team) we have on our team. His 16 points makes up for a lot of mistakes and his penchant to do that off the bench and to close games adds to that. With being up 3-0 we win with JR.

That was one of the most egregious uses of power (and suspension) I have EVER seen. Really? I would debate a flagrant 1 or 2, but suspension. GTFOH! That was clearly league mandated- stretch the series ****.

But I feel you, we should have swept, and we should not let the refs or dumb-ass calls (and suspensions) stop us.

I'm predicting a whupin' come Wednesday, bottom-line being we can't let anything stop us.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Melo played like a bonehead. He came in the 4th quarter knowing that Felton was the primary reason that the Knicks were back in the game with all the momentum. Sure, play some one-on-one, but if nothing is there use your teammates. Look to pass the rock. How many threes did he take in the last 3 minutes. It seemed like at least 4 - all misses. And Bass fouled out, yet he took how many fadeaways.

Kiyaman

Legend
r u a knick fan or not? talk about the game. stop with your hatred of players. it gets so annoying. the celtics only won bc they weren't down big in the 2nd half. if knicks don't go down by 20 they would've won this one easily.

STFU ....u seen Woody strategy in the first-half "give the ball to Melo to shoot on every offensive-possession" it was sick watching Melo shoot the ball on 9 straight offensive-possessions which lead to Melo committing 5 turnovers shooting 3-15.
In the the first half the Knicks shot 27% from FG, while Boston shot 41% from fg.

What? (WTF) happen when Melo was sitting on the bench in the 3rd quarter?

Felton, Kidd, Prig, Shump, and Martin chopped the Boston 20 point lead to a 3 point lead by the end of the qtr. .. the same crew of Knicks players who gave Boston a Whooooping on Friday night in Boston with the help of Novak & Tyson.

Dont act like u were BLIND at Woodson and Melo strategy to lose this game .. Woody had to put Melo in the game in the 4th qtr. so Felton & Crew dont sweeep boston in boston.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
i blame melo for this LOSS why his insanity of 1 on 1 system. Why he cant play like this game @ Miami 50 pt

JR sing can be tripled i just heard that he is now worth 15m but Knicks will loose K-mart .

I cannot understand why they went away from the hot hand in felton when they should have kept feeding him the ball.When Melo came in they completely quit looking for felton and melo started playing that 1 on 1 crap. I think we still have this series thow but it would have been nice to have ended it.

erivera

Benchwarmer
STFU ....u seen Woody strategy in the first-half "give the ball to Melo to shoot on every offensive-possession" it was sick watching Melo shoot the ball on 9 straight offensive-possessions which lead to Melo committing 5 turnovers shooting 3-15.
In the the first half the Knicks shot 27% from FG, while Boston shot 41% from fg.

What? (WTF) happen when Melo was sitting on the bench in the 3rd quarter?

Felton, Kidd, Prig, Shump, and Martin chopped the Boston 20 point lead to a 3 point lead by the end of the qtr. .. the same crew of Knicks players who gave Boston a Whooooping on Friday night in Boston with the help of Novak & Tyson.

Dont act like u were BLIND at Woodson and Melo strategy to lose this game .. Woody had to put Melo in the game in the 4th qtr. so Felton & Crew dont sweeep boston in boston.

dude you're ridiculous. i'm just tired of coming on here and reading you're bs about woody trying to lose games and stuff. we all know how this team plays. it ain't gonna change in the postseason. this team won 54 games with everybody on the roster. stop trying to act like we'd be undefeated with melo not on this team. i'm just tired of you're garbage. stop saying the same crap. come up with some real analysis instead of just blaming melo and woody.