Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 171

Thread: 2013 Playoffs - Round 1 Game 5 / Knicks vs Celtics - 05/01 7:00 pm

  1. #136
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This team is highly allergic to assists. Do we even run any plays???

  2. #137
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Tough to grasp when we do have real leaders in Kidd, Chandler and K Mart.

    That said we know JR can be erratic but for Melo to go MIA in back to back two MIA close out games....INEXCUSABLE!!!!!!

  3. #138
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Omg im mad. If we keep playing this iso ball we will lose this series.

  4. #139
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Omg im mad. If we keep playing this iso ball we will lose this series.
    It's on Melo.

    Felton, Shump, Chandler..etc etc etc all doing their part. Can't have your MVP go MIA in back to back games. Look at Durant, win or lose he's bar none OKC best player.

  5. #140
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This team is highly allergic to assists. Do we even run any plays???
    We run plays. I can see that we attempt to run plays. But when the plays are stopped by the opposing defense, our back up plan is to run iso-Melo/iso-JR (which usually results in a midrange jumpshot)

    Woody needs to get the other guys more involved on offense. I don't know about other people, but I usually get more motivated to play hard on both ends of the floor when I contribute to the offense.

  6. #141
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Omg im mad. If we keep playing this iso ball we will lose this series.
    ...and to think we were talking about a sweep just a few short days ago.
    When is game 6?

  7. #142
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Friday night in Bumston I am going home and erasing this game from my DVR

  8. #143
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    What did Crawford say to Melo?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  9. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is surprising, why?

    This is textbook Woodson at it's core, and also textbook Melo.

    This is what happens when a team chucks 3's at a historic pace (and runs very hot with them), but is still helmed by a coach and star play who's fatal flaws have always been their selfish passion or stubborn reliance on ISO.

    This isn't about a "bad night" for Melo; and because he IS a top 10 individual player in the NBA, it is easy to get mixed up in what the core issues are, and what's really rotten underneath it all.

    That is, if you want to field a team with true championship contending aspirations.

    Sad thing is, Walsh is long gone, Dolan is more pro-active than he's been since vintage Isiah Thomas years for MSG, and this is easily the best team he has ever fielded, and may ever field if long-standing history is any indiciation.

  10. #145
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,626
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    ...and to think we were talking about a sweep just a few short days ago.
    When is game 6?
    The 1 seed in the WC is going to game 6 with the eight seed so it happens. Lose game 6 up in Boston and then I'll start sweating it.

  11. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    does kinda look like thats what he said.. hopefully melo doesn't shoot 3-40 in game 6 now

    this team was waayyy too c0cky before this game and to come out and completely choke at home is ridiculous. Melo might as well of not even played the last two games cause he hasn't done ****

    hopefully this game will teach JR to keep his damn mouth shut. Chuck is right (unfortunately).. you don't celebrate winning in the first round especially when you were expected to win this series

  12. #147
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    The 1 seed in the WC is going to game 6 with the eight seed so it happens. Lose game 6 up in Boston and then I'll start sweating it.
    This is going 7.

    We have totally fooked this up, Woodson has gone back to all out ISO ball, problem is Melo has gone Siberian Cold.

    Think we'll take it in a nail biting game 7 but let us be frank it's pretty embarrassing minus Rondo we're going to need 7 games to beat a Celtics team who have no PG and were down 3-0. Speaks to the lack maturity and mental toughness from likes of Melo and JR.

  13. #148
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by JoeBo21
    does kinda look like thats what he said.. hopefully melo doesn't shoot 3-40 in game 6 now

    this team was waayyy too c0cky before this game and to come out and completely choke at home is ridiculous. Melo might as well of not even played the last two games cause he hasn't done ****

    hopefully this game will teach JR to keep his damn mouth shut. Chuck is right (unfortunately).. you don't celebrate winning in the first round especially when you were expected to win this series

    after thrwoing an elbow in terrys face and then getting suspended for a game did not teach him to shut his mouth...

    JR looked loss last night and twice failed to RUN back on defense.......WOODSON did what he did last year he closed his eyes and corssed his fingers and let JR in there for 36 crappy minutes,,,,thats not coaching

  14. #149
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    if Celtics will force game 7 Knicks will be became biggest ridiculous crap team in playoffs history.

    Friday ESPN this is simply must win game


    i dont understand why Pablo has been not playing in enitre 2nd half.

    Melo iso-insanity continues.

  15. #150
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
    This is surprising, why?

    This is textbook Woodson at it's core, and also textbook Melo.

    This is what happens when a team chucks 3's at a historic pace (and runs very hot with them), but is still helmed by a coach and star play who's fatal flaws have always been their selfish passion or stubborn reliance on ISO.

    This isn't about a "bad night" for Melo; and because he IS a top 10 individual player in the NBA, it is easy to get mixed up in what the core issues are, and what's really rotten underneath it all.

    That is, if you want to field a team with true championship contending aspirations.

    Sad thing is, Walsh is long gone, Dolan is more pro-active than he's been since vintage Isiah Thomas years for MSG, and this is easily the best team he has ever fielded, and may ever field if long-standing history is any indiciation.
    This is why Woodson isn't COY for me.

    and Melo is a top 5 player, get that straight.

    Jordan Crawford should get jabbed in the eye.

    Garnett is a dirty bitch.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 80
    Last Post: May 01, 2013, 16:27
  2. Replies: 58
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2013, 01:30
  3. Replies: 95
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2013, 00:57
  4. Replies: 139
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2013, 11:42
  5. Why hasn't marbury reached the 2nd round of the playoffs
    By Protect ur picks Isiah in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Aug 02, 2006, 19:30

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •