Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112

Thread: 2013 Playoffs - Round 1 Game 5 / Knicks vs Celtics - 05/01 7:00 pm

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    JR got rewarded for throwing an elbow, being suspended and his refusal to run back on defense in the first half of game 5 by Woodson playing him 36 minutes . Everyone says we are lucky to have JR at this price but Woody in sense kiss's JR's as to keep him happy. Put JR on another team where the coach does not tolerate JR's attitude or moodswings and JR will not be as productive.....I do think Woody gets the best out of JR but the cost to the team and Woodys coaching role are in question.
    This my friends is why we did not see 1 solid offer for JR and the Knicks were able to sign him for the price we did. Yes after the season he will be offered money as greed and time will allow other teams to buy into the fools gold...You want JR then u need a coach like Woody who will sacrifice others to get the best out of him.

So true .. so true .. its hard not to
    JR's career performance in the NBA show a long long list of FLAWS, annnd inconsistence performance.

What bothers me the most about having a "inconsistant JR.Smith" on the roster are JR will come-out in this 6th game in Boston, to have a somewhat decent game hitting a couple of clutch shots for the win, and everybody go back to Mr. Swish won the game.
    However, we all know its the small things from players "Kidd, Prig, Shump, and Martin" that brings the win ....
    for example in game-5 we force Boston to committ 17 turnovers, but we only scored 4 points off of Boston turnovers .. we committed only 9 turnovers inwhich Boston scored 16 points off our turnovers.
    I been asking all season where is our transition-scoring off of Kidd, Prigioni, or Shumps defensive-steals?
    Melo & JR dont run on offense or defense...

I will be the first to admit JR is a wild card and can help or hurt you on any given night.

With that being said, for about $2.8mil or so he is definitely worth it. Look at what Fields is getting paid. Celtics owe Jordan Crawford over $2mil next year and he sucks. While JR can be inconsistent, you wont find a better replacement for that money especially when over the cap.....I hope we resign him and this suspension/up and down performance in the playoffs keeps his price tag manageable.

Sent from my LG-P999

Veteran

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    I will be the first to admit JR is a wild card and can help or hurt you on any given night.

With that being said, for about $2.8mil or so he is definitely worth it. Look at what Fields is getting paid. Celtics owe Jordan Crawford over $2mil next year and he sucks. While JR can be inconsistent, you wont find a better replacement for that money especially when over the cap.....I hope we resign him and this suspension/up and down performance in the playoffs keeps his price tag manageable.

Sent from my LG-P999

and if he costs the series due to his elbow, or now reported partying before game 5....then no price is cheap enough

Originally Posted by skisloper
    and if he costs the series due to his elbow, or now reported partying before game 5....then no price is cheap enough
    If the Knicks lose this series (which ain't happening) JRs elbow will get the most blame for the melt down......but it wont be the sole reason. You can blame the terrible shooting, lack of ball movement, lack of adjustments, etc.

Regardless we aren't a true threat to win the East without the year JR has had. I will take JR and his contract over guys like Fields, Lin, Jordan Crawford, etc that are doing absolutely nothing for there teams this time of year at similar it more $$$.

Sent from my LG-P999

Veteran

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    If the Knicks lose this series (which ain't happening) JRs elbow will get the most blame for the melt down......but it wont be the sole reason. You can blame the terrible shooting, lack of ball movement, lack of adjustments, etc.

Regardless we aren't a true threat to win the East without the year JR has had. I will take JR and his contract over guys like Fields, Lin, Jordan Crawford, etc that are doing absolutely nothing for there teams this time of year at similar it more $$$.

Sent from my LG-P999

I 100% agree that JR was an integral part in winning the east......and Yes no one person will be blamed if we lose ( which I will be ready to puke if we do )

BUT you are a FOOL to say who u would rather have........JR threw the elbow and got himself suspended....How does he reward his teammates and knick fans with that emotional mistake....HE GOES out to the wee hours in the morning partying before game 5....do u think it had an effect or JR just played like crap. did not run the floor and looked downright spent......

Dude wake up.........JR does not get stroked for what he has done...and all players will have their slumps here and there.....what JR did for the past 2 games is just plain stupid....

I did appreciate his humbled comments after game 5 so maybe he comes back tonight....But do remember this game should have been over in game 4 or 5 and our 6th man of the year should have been 100% available for both!!!!!!!!!!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono