CAN ANYONE on this forum do a fellow knick fan a favor???

i JUST GOT INTO WORK..............

MY BOSS IS OUT.....AND ALL THE WORK WAS DONE YESTERDAY..

SO NOT MUCH FOR ME TO DO....

I CANT LEAVE THIS SECTION OF THE OFFICE UNATTENDED CUZ IM THE ONLY ONE HERE...

THE INTERNET HAS BLOCKS ON IT.......

IM SO BORED AND NEED TO PASS THE TIME BY READING SOMETHING....

PREFERRABLY SOMETHING ABOUT THE KNICKS..

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE COPY AND PASTE ALL THE KNICKS ARTICLES FROM THE HOMEPAGE?

LIKE THE POST NEWS....THE DAILY NEWS......NEWSDAY.......STAR LEDGER...

ANYTHING!!!!

PLEASE!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Angry agent Aaron Goodwin plans to speak to Isiah Thomas regarding the nowhere status of Knick center Vin Baker.
Baker has been a DNP in 13 of the last 17 games, losing all his backup minutes to Jerome Williams.

Goodwin spoke recently to Isiah to ask why Baker wasn't playing. Suddenly Baker popped into the rotation in Washington Friday, playing eight strong minutes, making all three baskets. He hasn't been heard from since, puzzling Goodwin.

Lenny Wilkens said recently Baker has been slow getting off to a quick start off the bench, adding "we can't wait for him to get warmed up."

Responded Goodwin yesterday, "How does he expect Vin to get off to a quick start when he's sitting on the bench 98 percent of the time."

Baker's contract became tradeable Wednesday. He's not to the point of demanding a deal.

"Vin's been a champion, continuing to work hard," Goodwin said.

Full

Lenny Blew This Shot

THROUGHOUT Lenny Wilkens' 13-year Hall of Fame playmaking career, how many times do you think his coaches entrusted the ball to someone else at the end of a contested game to create a shot?
Not once, I submit, and maybe not that often.

Obviously those coaches knew the game. Which isn't exactly the conclusion that can be reached regarding Wilkens when you see him fail to respond effectively to last-second emergencies at the cost of victory Wednesday night.

With fans cringing in disbelief at what Wilkens was and wasn't doing, there he was, Knicks up one with 28.5 seconds left, allowing Jamal Crawford to dribble out most of the shot clock down the stretch of the awfully preventable loss to the Pistons.

Instead of signaling for a timeout, compulsory in such situations, as any knowledgeable basketball brain can confirm, there was the idling Hall of Fame coach permitting Crawford to do what he does worst, select a reasonable shot.

Don't dare blame the 24-year-old for hoisting up an unsavory 16-foot corner fadeaway, with Rip Hamilton's DNA all over him, that funded Chauncey Billups' decisive free throws.

Knick sources now believe Vince Carter will be traded elsewhere. Last week after the medical history of the four players involved (Carter, Jalen Rose, Penny Hardaway and Tim Thomas) was exchanged negotiations broke down, perhaps for good. The Raptors demanded somewhat different (as in upgraded) talent, as well as excessive cap relief.

That's not going to happen. The Knicks will give talent or cap relief, but they won't give the Raptors (or any other team) both. Believe Isiah Thomas when he maintains Marbury, Crawford and Allan Houston will not be traded, that he likes all three. It's a moot issue, yet some members of the media continue to belabor it.

Raptor sources substantiate that declaration. Those same people also deny reports Nazr Mohammed ever came up in trade talks. Makes sense to me; he's the Knicks' only legitimate fortification in the middle. The Raptors, meanwhile, don't even have one real center so it's not as if they have anyone to give the Knicks in return. The truth is, Mohammed's name hasn't been mentioned by the Knicks since they tried to get Erick Dampier from the Warriors in a sign-and-trade arrangement.

Despite Carter's strained Achilles (the Raptors might not let him play again), the Blazers (and Knicks, of course) remain interested. Obviously, any trade would be contingent on passing a physical; Shareef Abdur-Rahim is still Portland's delectable bait.

Full

Allan: Don't Baby Me

Allan Houston's message to Lenny Wilkens could not be clearer: Stop the babying.
Houston said he wants more minutes and all but said he's ready to start tonight when the 11-11 Knicks face the Sixers at Wachovia Center in his fifth game back from an 81/2-month absence.

But it probably won't happen — Wilkens is expected to stick with the same starting lineup he's used all season.

Coming off his best performance in a season-high 17-point, 21-minute outing in the last-second, 94-93 loss to the Pistons, Houston said, "I'm ready for more [minutes]. I'm also sufficient with whatever the team or coach needs me to do. But I'm ready for more. If they're comfortable with me playing more, I'm ready. It's up to [Wilkens]. [But] I'm ready. I'm ready to go."

Wilkens said Saturday Houston will regain his starting job when he's "100 percent."

Wilkens said Wednesday he'll "monitor" Houston's minutes, possibly until next month. He indicated he wanted to limit him below 30. Houston is averaging 9.3 points in 17 minutes on solid 45.2 percent shooting.

The fans cast their vote for Houston Wednesday to start over small forward Tim Thomas in a three-guard alignment with Stephon Marbury and Jamal Crawford. When Thomas checked in for Houston midway through the fourth quarter, the Garden rocked with boos. They wanted Houston in the game.

Houston's knees survived his first back-to-back but not without a scare. Wilkens benched Houston in the second half Tuesday in New Jersey. Houston admitted his left knee felt tight. Houston felt limber the next night against Detroit.

"It will continue to feel great," Houston said. "It's a matter of minutes and rhythm and familiarity coming back."

The more Houston plays, the more Crawford can learn about proper shot selection, which is holding him back from greatness. Crawford's ill-advised 18-foot chuck with 6.9 seconds left against the Pistons cost the Knicks the game.

"All he could do is continue to grow," Houston said. "All we have to do is support him and teach him. He'll learn. It's only his fifth season."

Full

Daily News

Allan Could Stand In Jamal's Way

It may be a matter of days or even hours before Lenny Wilkens inserts Allan Houston into the starting lineup, a move that will make either Tim Thomas or Jamal Crawford a reluctant backup.

Houston's 17 points in 21 minutes during Wednesday's demoralizing 94-93 loss to the Detroit Pistons may have accelerated the process. There is a possibility that Houston will start tonight against the Sixers in Philadelphia, although Wilkens won't commit to a specific game. His only promise is that Houston will be a starter again.

Starting Houston at small forward and Crawford at shooting guard will presumably keep two players happy, but does it make the Knicks better? A stronger case could be made that with Houston as the Knicks' sixth man and the 6-10 Thomas in the starting lineup, the Knicks would be a more balanced team. They would certainly have a more formidable bench with Houston, Jerome Williams and Michael Sweetney serving as backups.

That doesn't mean Houston won't play more minutes than Thomas and that he won't be on the floor in the fourth quarter of close games. But to make him a starter just for the sake of calling Houston and Crawford starting players doesn't make much sense.

Crawford represents the future at shooting guard just as Houston did during the 1996-97 season when he forced John Starks to the bench. Starks, in fact, was Jeff Van Gundy's choice more often than not to finish games.

That season, the Knicks won 57 games, Starks was the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year and Houston, hardly scarred by the experience, eventually became an All-Star and one of the game's premier shooting guards. He and Starks also became good friends.

Now it's time for Houston to acquiesce for the team's sake and Crawford's sake. Crawford has an abundance of talent but is far from a finished product. His shot selection can be downright absurd and his decision-making is sometimes suspect.

That he didn't get the ball to Stephon Marbury in the final 28.7 seconds with one-point lead against Detroit is inexcusable. Crawford later said that "we didn't call timeout so we really didn't have a set play," which sounded like he was trying to pass the blame to Wilkens. He should have passed the ball to Marbury.

Yes, Marbury should have demanded the ball, but Crawford should have found him early in the clock rather than launch an off-balance jumper with 6.9 seconds left. His errant shot clanged off the front rim and started a Pistons fast break that resulted in two game-winning free throws for Chauncey Billups.

Houston can improve Crawford's learning curve by continuing to serve as the backup. The move would also help Crawford's psyche. Young, impressionable and extremely sensitive, Crawford has been annoyed by misleading reports that he could be involved in a trade for Vince Carter. He's also been consumed by Houston's return. Wilkens could put a stop a potentially volatile situation by guaranteeing Crawford the starting job.

Just don't promise him that he'll always end games.

Full

There you go.. :)

RESPECT!!

RESPECT RADY!

YOU ARE PROBABLY 1 OUT OF 100 PEOPLE THAT WOULD HAVE DONE THAT

YOU KNOW WHY? PEOPLE ARE SELFISH AND LAZY....

BUT THANKS........ALWAYS GREAT TO READ ABOUT THE KNICKS