Shump is back at the right time

New New York

Quiet Storm
Big Shumpert fan (as are most of us) but things looked bleak for a minute...did one of the most promising rookies have an injury that stunted his growth and development leaving us wondering about what could have been?

Shump's claim to fame was his Defense and his confidence and they both looked to be gone for much of the season

shots were flat

finishing ability looked Jared Jefferies like at times

the D was good in flashes, yet he was committing a lot of hand checks and getting called for fouls (not a good sign because refs will let things go from established defenders). Woody said he did not look the same on D as he did rookie season.

best game...a 20 pt effort in a 25 pt loss!

...then the playoffs came and actually as much as we hated this going 6 games it was game 4,5, and 6 that Shump really turned it on defensively.

His drives are looking more fluid on offense and the confidence is growing with the J.

Big 2nd halves on offense were key to game 1 and 2 victories and again it was his D on Pierce that really inspired me.

Shump is a critical player for us...if Raymond continues good play and Shump continues to regain form then the potential of this team will continue to show and the sky is the limit!

Red

TYPE-A
He was quoted as saying after he was hesitant at first that he found himself and gained his confidence back. Its obvious in his shots which are true, no hesitation, and timely. His arrival was well anticipated.

Now add STAT and low post spin sh*t.lol

tiger0330

Legend
Shump was the best 3 pt shooter we had in the Boston series, his emergence and getting back to 100% physically couldn't come at a better time.

He has the ability to make key plays at both ends like that steal and layup on PP that stopped that 20-0 Celtic run, probably has more plays like that than any Knick on the roster.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
He was quoted as saying after he was hesitant at first that he found himself and gained his confidence back. Its obvious in his shots which are true, no hesitation, and timely. His arrival was well anticipated.

Now add STAT and low post spin sh*t.lol

Fck Yeah!!!!

Man Shump is friggin sick.....love his game. He was all over Pierce this series, making things happen on the defensive end......and last night when he had that HUGE steal on Pierce for the breakaway dunk, then had the put back on the Pablo missed layup all I could say was "He's Baaccckkkkkkk!"

Easily one of my favorite players, his D will be huge for the rest of this playoff run.

Sent from my LG-P999

metrocard

Legend
Is anyone else seriously impressed with Shumpert boxing out guys like Garnett and Bass for rebounds?

At 220, Shumpert has a lot of lower body strength and his rebounding has been a huge asset.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Yeah, Shump has been unbelievable. His athleticism, work-rate, intelligence, heart, determination is all high caliber, top tier.

Rob Low

Rotation player
My second favorite player after Melo. I was very much against trading him and i'm glad we kept him. I hope he can retire a Knick.

p0nder

Starter
He is the best Basketball player on the Knicks and he might figure that out durig these playoffs. If he does, watch out.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He needs to be more assertive taking the ball to the rim. He is not a spot up shooter. I liked to see him creating off the dribble against the Celts in game 6. He should do more of that.